IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Mwaaahahahaha! Found me a Swordquest Waterworld today. Loose. Good condition label. Price? .99 cents. WOOOOT!
Nice. JUST WHAT IN THE WORLD IS YOUR AVATAR LOOKING AT??? ABOUT LAUGHED MY ASS OFF!

2Girls1Cup? :-o :rolling:

It's the Nerd's reaction upon seeing a guy, upside down, in a chicken mask from the game Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. It really comes out of left field, and for a game THIS friggin' bizarre, that's saying something. The narraror just inexplicably shows up that way, and it blows the poor Nerd's mind. James expressions are one of the funniest things about him, I've always thought.

• Like 2

It's the Nerd's reaction upon seeing a guy, upside down, in a chicken mask from the game Plumbers Don't Wear Ties.

The sad thing is, that video really made me want to play the game =|

Couldn't find it anywhere online at the time, though...maybe times have changed.

Man I wish I hadn't been strapped for cash today! :mad: Hit goodwill today because I left something behind by mistake and was missing it since Saturday. Just hadn't had the gas or time to get back to that side of town. Front counter, a stack of CIB Sega CD games for 49 cents each. Grabbed a few, but couldn't get most of them. Spent my checking available balance of $12.57 down to 57 cents. Now I'm really really broke.

Found one of those first run Playstations today, the ones with the RCA ports on the back that are supposed to be super audiophile.

Probably would've gotten it if it wasn't $25, but I don't really care that much :roll:

Edited by Asaki

I was surprised to see a 360 wireless racing wheel for $15 without power supply. Reliability on these is pretty low but I took the risk.

Power supply for it was $7, but that was from china, so it will be a while before I can fully test it. I was really wondering how I was going to be able to afford a wheel for that system.

On that same trip, I took a risk on a $15 Blue Angels Citizen Nighthawk and that one did not work out very well at all. I guess you win some (hopefully) and you lose some.

I have had a string of good luck lately:

- Dreamcast System Disc 2 for $2.50

- Pocky and Rocky 2 for SNES for $5

- Odyssey boxed in great shape. I paid $150 which is probably market value, but I'm happy about it because I have been searching for one in good shape for years.

King's Quest Collector's Edition-$4.99 at Salvation Army.

I just grabbed Space Quest 6 on CD-ROM the other day ($2) because I thought I had the Space Quest collection that doesn't include 6.

Got home and checked, and I was wrong =/

Oh well.

Found a near-mint copy (some notes in the rulebook) of Gamma World (4th Edition rules) for $6 yesterday, with both expansions already in the box. Unfortunately all of the cards are missing, so I guess I'll have to make my own =/

Also snagged Bruce Lee: The Master Collection for $8, and they also had Enter the Dragon separate. Now I just need to get A Warrior's Journey and I'm set (though I might need to replace some of them with the superior import versions).

Way too lazy to take pics, but here are some of my recent finds:

Thrift store: Boxed Model 1 Sega Genesis, really nice, 95% complete except it was missing the Sonic pack in game - $9.00

Flea Market: Atari 5200 4-port Asterisk version, 3 controllers, 21 games (4 new to me), quite a few manuals and overlays, but missing the switchbox. VERY dirty. Functionality unknown at this time. $30.00

Game store: Atari 2600 Sears Submarine Commander with manual, and Colecovision Looping - both $1.99 each

:)

Today it was Queensday in the Netherlands. As a tradition there are a lot of fleamarkets. Been to a massive one. Been there with the kids for 3 hours and we just seen halve of it. Bought Turbo th boardgame from MB, and noting else. Did see a nice c128d but couldn't take it with me.

Today it was Queensday in the Netherlands. As a tradition there are a lot of fleamarkets. Been to a massive one. Been there with the kids for 3 hours and we just seen halve of it. Bought Turbo th boardgame from MB, and noting else. Did see a nice c128d but couldn't take it with me.

You mean like Turbo the arcade/Colecovision game as a board game?