IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Had to travel several hours away to find a pond filter part to save my koi (no one local had it) and hit a Play N Trade. They had a huge stack of Genny stuff on the back counter. When I asked if they would be putting them out soon, they said, no those aren't for sale. :roll: there was some visible good stuff in there. I wonder if it was for eBay or just picked by the employees, they didn't say.

Great day at the flea market yesterday!

Four Atari Lynx games (Xybots, Power Factor, Tournament Cyberball [x2]), still sealed but with crushed boxes. $4

Suspect 5.25" floppy game box and feelies (no discs, damn). $1

Aiwa AM-F70 Minidisc recorder with power adaptor and four new 74 minute discs. $17

Two CEDs (Acadamy Award Winners Animated Short FIlms, The Neverending Story). $2

Toshiba HD-A30 HD DVD player (No remote or power cable, but the cable is easy to find). $12.50

My friend also got a hold of a Bell & Howell 16mm camera. $2

CIMG3821.jpg

These 5 were $1 each at an infamous ;) Out of the Closet thrift. Tekken Tag Tournament and Silent Hill 2 are still sealed.

CIMG3823.jpg

These two were $1 each at a pawn shop.

CIMG3822.jpg

Gran Turismo 4 Prologue was $4.99 at a Salvation Army. Mega Man X Collection was $3.99 at a Goodwill; it was the first find of the day and a harbinger of good things to come. :)

Hey guys. Back to collecting after selling most of my Nintendo stuff off. Anyway I hit up a place called Savers on the way home today on a hunch and boy did it pay off. You never EVER find Saturn or 3DO stuff in the wild let alone BOTH in the same store.

post-22364-0-97057600-1344988046_thumb.jpg

Nice score. Everything but maybe Supreme Warrior (if it is missing the second disc) were well worth the prices shown. That Street Fighter with the arranged soundtrack is fantastic. IIRC Gex has more levels, and characters on Saturn than 3do. :thumbsup:

Hey guys. Back to collecting after selling most of my Nintendo stuff off. Anyway I hit up a place called Savers on the way home today on a hunch and boy did it pay off. You never EVER find Saturn or 3DO stuff in the wild let alone BOTH in the same store.

Nice score. Everything but maybe Supreme Warrior (if it is missing the second disc) were well worth the prices shown. That Street Fighter with the arranged soundtrack is fantastic. IIRC Gex has more levels, and characters on Saturn than 3do. :thumbsup:

Yep the second disc is on the other side. They also had Putt-Putt and Soccer Kid but neither interested me.

Yep the second disc is on the other side. They also had Putt-Putt and Soccer Kid but neither interested me.

My kids love the Putt Putt series. Soccer kid is a fantastic sidescroller. My copy for 3do in long box is sealed and I keep meaning to make a CDR but may not have to if I get the 3do hard drive thing. I've also got it on Jag (recent acquisition) and have not tried it yet. Last time I played it was about a year ago when I got one with a big lot and sold it holding out for a copy in a long box.

• Like 1

I think he means the games were for DC and were $3 each ;)

Found two loose PSP UMD games, $4 for both, at Goodwill...I have no idea what to do with them =) One is Phantasy Star Portable, the other is Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. My GF loves the Kingdom Hearts series, but we have no reason to get a PSP...I guess I'll just hang onto them in case one shows up for dirt cheap some day...or maybe one of my friends will let me borrow one of theirs, since they just use them as MP3 players.

Also got Viewtiful Joe, never played it, but I guess it's supposed to be really good.

I picked up a few games locally today that I did not have. All of the games are complete, and in very nice shape. The lightening force cart looks brand new. I am looking forward to playing all of these!

post-18498-0-48462300-1345071522_thumb.jpgpost-18498-0-95812500-1345071531_thumb.jpgpost-18498-0-61566500-1345071541_thumb.jpg

All good titles other than Duke IMHO. I just picked that one up and resold it as it was terrible on there. I just bought the old PC games... just not the same.

Oh yes, I understood. I just meant that the Dreamcast is such a great system - it's superb to find $3 games for it!

Agreed! Found some more games for it, alas at $5.99 each this time.

post-3233-0-59962900-1345161176_thumb.jpg

Dreamcast-

Crazy Taxi 2

Dead or Alive 2

Resident Evil Code: Veronica

Fire Pro Wrestling D (the 2nd Japanese wrestling game I've found at this Goodwill in as many weeks)

PS1 Motocross Mania 2 (new)-$5.99 @ Goodwill

Gamecube Memory Card 251 (new)-$4.99 @ Goodwill

PS1 Tom and Jerry & PS2 Hasbro Family Game Night (new)-$4.99 each at a random thrift

Xbox 360 Bourne Conspiracy Demo Disc-$4.99 at Salvation Army

I just bought all of Dean's N64 games. No idea who he is, but I'm going to go ahead and guess that his parents dropped them off at the Goodwill for him and never plan to tell him about it.

I was being all selective-like until I brought two to the register and found out they were $1 each.

I haven't seen $1 thrift store games in a long time--heck yes I'll take them all.

08161210905171.th.jpg

• Like 4

Nice stuff Reaper. BattleTanks Global, and Beetle are two of my favorites. Lots of other good ones in there too. Reminds me of a load of 28 SNES games from R.L.Steinbeck I bought from a flea market for $2 each (including Chrono, FF3, and Mario RPG) I've looked up people on Facebook that put a last name on their stuff (most notably an NES... the guy was pissed, wanted to know how I got his Nintendo! :rolling: )

• Like 3

Yup, Dean's pissed. At $1 each you had better buy them all! :-D

...and later on he will join a forum like this and have a want list. He can call it the "Dean's List."

...ah, thank you. Be sure to tip your waitress.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Very true lol :)

Yup, Dean's pissed. At $1 each you had better buy them all! :-D

...and later on he will join a forum like this and have a want list. He can call it the "Dean's List."

...ah, thank you. Be sure to tip your waitress.

I picked up a few games locally today that I did not have. All of the games are complete, and in very nice shape. The lightening force cart looks brand new. I am looking forward to playing all of these!

post-18498-0-48462300-1345071522_thumb.jpgpost-18498-0-95812500-1345071531_thumb.jpgpost-18498-0-61566500-1345071541_thumb.jpg

Raiden Trad is a great port of Raiden. One of my favorite Genesis games! Alas, I resorted to buying a loose copy of it at a vintage game store for like $8...

Raiden Trad is a great port of Raiden. One of my favorite Genesis games! Alas, I resorted to buying a loose copy of it at a vintage game store for like $8...

I still wish I could find a new copy of that with the pack-in turbo controller. I've never seen one outside of Electronic Boutique back in the day. It was cheap then too. I've seen a few copies with the free turbo controller sticker on the package still, and I've got the controller... but never the whole thing in the shrink together. Something that other than my story seems to be uncorroborated online in any way.

I still wish I could find a new copy of that with the pack-in turbo controller. I've never seen one outside of Electronic Boutique back in the day. It was cheap then too. I've seen a few copies with the free turbo controller sticker on the package still, and I've got the controller... but never the whole thing in the shrink together. Something that other than my story seems to be uncorroborated online in any way.

I'd be happy with just a box & manual.. LOL... I picked up a turbo controller recently... Haven't tried it yet tho...

Got a model 1 Genesis, 2 original Controllers, a six button controller, a turbo controller, a 6 button fight stick & 16 boxed games. Pus a SNES, 2 controllers & a boxed game, all for $30... It was a good day at the Garage sale..

• Like 1