IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I grabbed a 5200 lot from a Craigslist seller. It was kinda pricey, but I got it anyway.

Gorf CIB

RS Baseball, box and cart

Q Bert box and cart

Star Trek box and cart

Countermeasure CIB

Ms Pac Man box and instructions only

Defender box and instructions only

Dreadnaught Factor box only

Star Wars Arcade box only

Blueprint loose cart

It had a few loose commons, too. Most of the boxes look rough and were flattened, but I was able to fold them out and use them for their intended purpose. I had loose copies of Ms Pac Man and Defender, so now they're CIB. All the carts I got today work. The only Ms Pac Man cart I have doesn't, so I'll have to get one the next time I'm on the hunt.

http://imageshack.us.../dsc02440yo.jpg

Picked this up today. Nothing remarkable, but I did a double take at the price tag:

http://imageshack.us.../dsc02442bt.jpg

Had to have been a mistake. Either a computer or human error. The guy at the counter was even a little mad at me, as if fishing the disc out of the drawers and ringing me up was more trouble than it was worth. Just my two cents. BA-ZING

• Like 6

Picked this up today. Nothing remarkable, but I did a double take at the price tag:

Had to have been a mistake. Either a computer or human error. The guy at the counter was even a little mad at me, as if fishing the disc out of the drawers and ringing me up was more trouble than it was worth. Just my two cents. BA-ZING

You should have asked him if he had change for a $100!!! :rolling:

• Like 2

Spent the week in Indiana, and had some nice finds at a flea market there:

Goldstar 3DO with one loose game & 6-button controller - $15

six Atari games (including Trick Shot, Keystone Kapers, blue label Pitfall) - $1 each

NES Thunderbirds, WURM - $3 each

NES Laser Invasion - $1.66

SNES Seaquest DSV, Genesis Justice League Task Force - $0.75 each (though I also had to buy two sports games to get the 4 for $3 price)

And my fiancée picked up Duke Nukem: Time to Kill for PlayStation for the equivalent of about 10 cents. I had low expectations for the GoldStar 3DO, but it reads original discs and burns quite well!

• Like 1

Same type of thing happened to me but it was at Wal-Mart about 10 years ago. I bought some Power of the Jedi figures and they all rang up for .05 cents each (I think they were 6.99 back then). Umm, I left with a shopping cart full and needless to say I was able to make a few bucks off of them. I wasn't given any stinkeye or anything like that. The cashier just laughed and told me I was one of the luckiest guys he knew. He rang them all up (for like a total of $5 or so - yes I bought about 100) and wished me a very good day.

Lucky find, I'm in the hunt for a "bargain" 3DO. Where in Indiana where you? I'm in SW Ohio, and I'm always looking for new flea markets.

I was in Indianapolis, at the Stewart Promotions flea market at the fairgrounds. It was medium-sized -- not as huge as Stormville in NY, not as small as a little Podunk flea market -- which made it a nice place to spend a couple hours. The prices were generally quite reasonable, except for the guy who wanted five bucks each for PlayStation commons -- and even he had a couple items worth buying.

I had just given my little brother my old FZ-1, but the GoldStar reads burns so much better, he ended up taking that instead! I'd given him some original games too, of course, but I don't see him spending $1500 for a copy of Eye of Typhoon, even if he could find one. :D Then again I don't see myself doing that either.

Same type of thing happened to me but it was at Wal-Mart about 10 years ago. I bought some Power of the Jedi figures and they all rang up for .05 cents each (I think they were 6.99 back then). Umm, I left with a shopping cart full and needless to say I was able to make a few bucks off of them. I wasn't given any stinkeye or anything like that. The cashier just laughed and told me I was one of the luckiest guys he knew. He rang them all up (for like a total of $5 or so - yes I bought about 100) and wished me a very good day.

I think there is a federal law in the books that they have to give you the price as marked on the item. What stores are not responsible for are mistakes in ads, etc.

I think there is a federal law in the books that they have to give you the price as marked on the item. What stores are not responsible for are mistakes in ads, etc.

I may be wrong (and man it's just a google away too... man I'm lazy this morning) but I think it is just that many states have that law, not federal. Here in Tennessee they refuse all the time.

Had a horrible and wonderful day at goodwill. I had two doctors appointments, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I thought I'd hit goodwill while I waited for my appointment. I get a bunch of good stuff together and then go to the check out... the credit card machine was down. We ended up wasting time going and getting cash, and because I was a half hour late for my Doctor, I had to wait an hour and a half to be told, I wouldn't be seen for another WEEK. Thanks Goodwill. :| At least I got good stuff.

Had a horrible and wonderful day at goodwill. I had two doctors appointments, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I thought I'd hit goodwill while I waited for my appointment. I get a bunch of good stuff together and then go to the check out... the credit card machine was down. We ended up wasting time going and getting cash, and because I was a half hour late for my Doctor, I had to wait an hour and a half to be told, I wouldn't be seen for another WEEK. Thanks Goodwill. :| At least I got good stuff.

X-rays, or it never happened. Oh wait, it didn't.

• Like 1