IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Had an Atari Touch Me handheld GIVEN to me at a thrift store today.

The name kinda creeps me out, but it's fun as hell to play. Being a musician makes me unnaturally good at this game, as I can make a little song out of the pitches and not have to memorize the lighted patterns. It's like Simon, but without all the marketing jibba jabba.

Did I mention it's portable? Atari anywhere!

Apparently there was an arcade version of this. Does anybody out there have one? I would love to see a pic.

• Like 1

Picked up some inexpensive stuff at Half Price Books and Goodwill Computer.

Champions of Norrath guide, $6

Champions Return to Arms guide, $6

GTA San Andreas guide, $2

PSP Final Fantasy, $2

PS2 Reservoir Dogs, $2

PS2 MGS3 Subsistence, from set, $2

Jakks Ms. Pac Man corded, $3

Jakks Ms. Pac Man wireless, $5

The latter two came from a Goodwill Computer store -- something I never knew existed before yesterday. Mostly corporate computers, printers, monitors that have been retired, but lots of videogame stuff too. About a dozen Playstations and the same number of Gamecubes and Xboxs. Bins of controllers and plug and plays like the ones I bought. All very neatly organized.

I love the wireless Ms. Pac Man, but the wireless is a little flaky sometimes.

post-30018-0-10158700-1358134956_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

See also : http://en.wikipedia....ri_Punk_Console

Circuit bending is a fun introduction to all sorts of chiptune-y, glitch-y electronica.

It's also the route to better performances in some cases. I bent a couple of Yamaha keyboards and that made it easier to be a one man band. I also have an electric bass that's been circuit bent and stays in an alternate tuning. It's getting used more and more often these days.

Today's thrift run netted me a working 3DO FZ-1 and a single controller for a whopping 25 bucks. I've no interest in the 3DO at all, especially after seeing those three golf games I have run on it. Even so, I doubt it's even gonna make it onto ebay before someone snatches it up. The three games cost me $4 each at the Game X Change three doors down from the thrift shop where I got the 3DO.

The same thrift shop had about 20 PS2 games that were on sale for $1 until 6PM. I'd have probably cleaned them out, but I got there about 6:30. I still picked up SingStar '80's for $5.

post-7210-0-79009500-1358227471_thumb.jpg

post-7210-0-86576300-1358227492_thumb.jpg

post-7210-0-76547600-1358227505_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I rewired the humbucker so that the two coils can be either parallel or series.

I don't think that's considered circuit-bending ;) More like modding, hot-rodding, customizing, etc.

I've done that one too. I was considering doing the vice-versa with my new Jazz, but I don't want to get too carried away with it. I've already swapped out the tone cap for a bigger one (0.1uf, if I recall).

I've no interest in the 3DO at all...

There's some pretty cool 3DO stuff out there, like an awesome Road Rash game, and these really weird AD&D first person games.

The same thrift shop had about 20 PS2 games that were on sale for $1 until 6PM.

I was at GameStop the other day, and they did have PS2 games on sale, but it was only "buy two, get one free". I grabbed Gradius V for $12 and called it good.

Depends on if all of the cords needed to hook up to your genesis are there or not. Plus, it also has its own power supply. If it is missing wires, its a door stop.

It has the video dongle, but I have a feeling it won't fit into my model 1... ¬_¬

No AC adapter of course, but I'm guessing the Sega CD one will work.

It's still there, I'm tempted.

Instant collection, just add Goowill and someones mistake! And by mistake the GW manager who rung me up said, Oh these were not supposed to be sold in the store they were supposed to be sold on eBay. (Grrrr F-that!) (my last big find at a thrift store back in September)

28 stacks of 4 carts per bundle, 1.99 per stack + tax. photos will be uploaded shortly! Maybe a gem or two hidden in here!

Thanks to a friend of mine who told me about these and sat at the store waiting for me to show up and buy all these.

Anyway here are the photos! A few Intellivision games mixed in here too.

This set has damn near doubled since, this is what sparked my re-interest in collecting for Atari systems!

WP_000423.jpg

WP_000425.jpg

WP_000426.jpg

Edited by Shinju
  • Like 4

Found this at a random thrift for $2, still sealed. It was quite the hello.

CIMG4207_zps0074a0e1.jpg

CIMG4209_zps7987d3bc.jpg

Not the fabled "out of the closet" thrift find this time? :rolling:

Today, I scored a Star Trek TNG Companion revised edition at GW for $2.99 (Amazon current price used is $30!) CHA-CHING! Along with a 8x10 of Patrick Stewart in a frame for another $2.99 :D

Edited by the.golden.ax

Every so often I'll find stuff from the Orient at the local thrifts. I figure it's spoils from business or military trips that have since been discarded. Probably my best find was the Saturn version of X-Men vs. Street Fighter, a Japanese exclusive, complete in box with the 4MB memory cartridge, all for four bucks. My funniest find was a Chinese pirate DVD set of the first season of "24," with hilariously bad Engrish. According to the copyright notice, "Fox and their associated logs are the property of Twntieth [sic] Century Fox film [sic] Corporation and aroused under license."

It's just Los Angeles, there's a lot of random import stuff be it games, DVDs, VCDs or whatnot. I knew I had found other Korean PS2 games before, and had to search here to remind myself that they were Dragonball Z 2 and Dynasty Warriors 4 (they ended up in a Spread the Love with Free Games thread. :) ) Somehow I found a Korean NES Comboy unit at a Goodwill in Wilmington last year. If that plastic shell could talk...