IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

My finds today where :

1 NES for $5 with a game and 2 controllers (plus a game still inside like always :D ) Some kid was trying (unsucsesfully) to convince his parents to buy it .

Hahahahahahah ... Ahem

and

1 N64 for way too much (but its for my collection not resale value ;) )

with Conkers bad fur day 1 controller all hookups and an Expansion pak :)

poor kid :lol:

I've been sick and having Thrife Store withdraw. :-(

Cheer up ... warmer weather is on the way here in Ohio ... looking forward to yard sales again!

And, how do I sign up to join the My Wife Says I Have Too Much S**** Brotherhood? I'll take a platinum membership, please.

• Like 1

Nabbed some goodies today...

After Glow Wired Xbox 360 controller

Tron 2.0 Killer App - Xbox

Unreal Championship - Xbox

Super Smash Bros Brawl - Wii

Army of Darkenss - DVD

TMNT - DVD

Psycho - VHS

Spent around $30

And, how do I sign up to join the My Wife Says I Have Too Much S**** Brotherhood? I'll take a platinum membership, please.

Yes do tell... LOL

picked up a working 3m 8650 1024 x786 max res projector for $40 at the GW today. It has two bad pixels but with s-video, composite, and s-video inputs makes a dandy classic game projector. I found a place with bulbs for $94 (when it goes out) so all in all not to bad for what you can do with it. Tried it with mame (scanlines on) and it looks really good.

• Like 1

Wish I had an Intellivision collection, they had a voice module.

The Intellivision is a great system to play and collect! You should definitely look to pick one up with a few games. Like the 2600, the commons are cheap and fun to play, not to mention some of the great homebrews that have released in the last year or two.

And the voice module ... who could resist the sexy female voice saying, "Hello Commander, Computer Reporting." To a thirteen year old boy ... that was smoking hot!

picked up a working 3m 8650 1024 x786 max res projector for $40 at the GW today. It has two bad pixels but with SVGA s-video , composite, and s-video inputs makes a dandy classic game projector. I found a place with bulbs for $94 (when it goes out) so all in all not to bad for what you can do with it. Tried it with mame (scanlines on) and it looks really good.

Meant to say Svga not S-video twice.

The Intellivision is a great system to play and collect!

Yeah, I wouldn't mind one, I really like that Dracula game (or whatever it was called). I just hate buying things for consoles I don't own.

...though I suppose that didn't stop me from buying those PSP games... ¬_¬

I'm not saying this to be a jerk, but I really just want to see a list, some pics, and a story (if applicable.) If someone posts a YouTube video, I'm not going to watch it. Seeing peoples' finds is interesting, but it isn't worth 10-20 minutes of my life. You just aren't that interesting.

Grumpy rant over.

Chris

• Like 8

Wii U Nintendoland and a sealed Vita Little Big Planet-$14.99 each at Goodwill.

Sifl and Olly Season Three (The Lost Episodes) and Wonder Showzen Season One DVDs-$2.99 each at Salvation Army. I love both shows but was really stoked to find the S&O DVD.

Finding a Wii U game at a thrift already? That says something...

I've also found Wii U Epic Mickey 2 and Just Dance 4 recently at Goodwills, all from Target. In this case, NintendoLand has a small fingerprint on the disc but is otherwise fine. The Little Big Planet has a notch in the UPC code, so it's not pristinely sealed, but is otherwise unharmed.

So, Value Village are now putting their consoles in the display cases, and asking tons more for them. There's an Odyssey 2 there with 2 controllers, and power supply for $65. :( Just last year it would be out on the shelves for $19.99. :thumbsdown:

So, Value Village are now putting their consoles in the display cases, and asking tons more for them. There's an Odyssey 2 there with 2 controllers, and power supply for $65. :( Just last year it would be out on the shelves for $19.99. :thumbsdown:

Not just consoles but games too. Especially anything Nintendo goes behind the glass case - Packs of two common gameboy games for $14.99 each - for example. Strangely Genesis games always go on the shelves.

Not just consoles but games too. Especially anything Nintendo goes behind the glass case - Packs of two common gameboy games for $14.99 each - for example. Strangely Genesis games always go on the shelves.

Yes I see Genesis games on the shelf a lot. Sports and Wrestling games mostly. Maybe Sonic 2 or something. Stuff it would be hard for me to give $.50 for much less a buck or two.

I hit a bunch of stores yesterday and found nothing. Today I went to Goodwill and for a SNES controller for $2. They had a PSOne (the sleeker one with the external PS) with cords and controller for $20 that I passed on. Also some PS2 sports games and an N64 controller with a really bad stick for $3.

B

Get used to it, blame the smart phone era and easy access internet. I will not be suprised if Savers and Value Village follow Goodwills footsteps and start pulling retro stuff out of the stores all together and sell it exclusive online auctions. More money for them bad for the local collectors.

My local PawnAmerica has a boxed Odyssey 2 for $119.99, and it really pisses me off. This is the same place I just got freaking H.E.R.O. for 99 cents and Xenogears for $9.99.

Get used to it, blame the smart phone era and easy access internet. I will not be suprised if Savers and Value Village follow Goodwills footsteps and start pulling retro stuff out of the stores all together and sell it exclusive online auctions. More money for them bad for the local collectors.

My local Savers already does that. They have a corner of the store behind a separate glass counter that has cartridges in individual sealed baggies and consoles inside the counter. They're trying to sell a freaking loose cart Sonic: Triple Trouble for $14.99 when you can get it on Amazon for a third of that.

Edited by DestinedCruz