IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I just grabbed a fair condition Watara SuperVision with Crystball off of ebay for $23 shipped. I've always wanted one of these, but the prices these days have kept me away. The buy it nows are fairly priced, I suppose, but I really don't want to be $80-90 into these no matter how many games they come with.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FWatara-SuperVision-Handheld-with-Crystball-Game-%2F321091053597

t2ec16nhjiqe9quhsfbnbrr.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah that's a great game.

Yeah, but the 29 year old me prefers the enhanced PC version ;) Though I do miss that awesome David Warhol soundtrack. I'm sure, by now, someone has modified SCUMMVM to play MM with the NES soundtrack at the same time, I just haven't bothered checking.

I picked up a sun faded CIB Interplay 10th Anniversary PC collection big box...

I got the manual for it at a thrift a while back. I usually just chuckle to myself when I see videogame manuals and strategy guides mixed in with the books, but this one looked way too good to pass up.

At the very least, now I have the paragraphs for Wasteland in hard copy \m/ (I have the CGW magazine copy of the game, so just TXT file documentation)

Seems to be a trend in thrift stores right now or something...

What does? Free PC games with a DVD and/or BluRay purchase?

Big box PC titles seem to be a trend. Suddenly all of them near me have big box PC games coming out the butt.

I've got a small want list (see my signature) keep a look out for me. I've been enjoying big box PC games recently. My father was really in to those in the early 90's. After locating the same model of Pentium 60 he had I've been getting nostalgic and collecting things we would have enjoyed together.

I've got a small want list (see my signature) keep a look out for me. I've been enjoying big box PC games recently. My father was really in to those in the early 90's. After locating the same model of Pentium 60 he had I've been getting nostalgic and collecting things we would have enjoyed together.

Now you're making me feel old. I played all of those games when they were still new. I'M ONLY 27 DAMNIT.

Also The Neverhood is SOO GOOD.

Er but yeah, I'll keep my eyes peeled. I may have a line on that Descent for you even

Saw a bunch of Wii U game, sealed for $49.99 at Goodwill. It all had a bunch of Target clearance tag all over it, guessing the game is a real stinker and is being dumped at a loss already.

Is $49.99 really a loss? I don't own any of the newer systems and haven't payed attention to the prices. What do the games usually go for?

CIMG4376_zpsa5e6ee82.jpg

Game.com Batman & Robin and Mortal Kombat Trilogy new in blister packs-$5.99 each at Goodwill

CIMG4375_zps9e565f79.jpg

Step Into The Third Dimension-an instructional video for the Nishika 3D camera starring Vincent Price. For $.99 at Goodwill, there was no way i couldn't get it. Watch it here!

Son of a b****!,I was bidding on a Game.com lot similar to yours(Fighters Megamix and Mortal kombat Trilogy) for a dollar something(at the time).When i woke up it has 6 hrs left and I had to go to school but i bidded the lowest amount i could bid(Should have bidded more but i didnt).Ended up not winning it.Good deal though.

Found some games that I'd never heard of at a local game store ... and didn't know if they were worth picking up. They are from a Schmid TVG 2000 (same as an Arcadia 2001?): Jungler and Missile War (both looked CIB). Anyone know anything about them and if they are worth anything? Digitpress said the Missile War was an 8 rarity but not sure if anyone cares about them.

Good day today!.So yesterday while i was in Physical science class playing my GBA SP,a boy came over and asked how much i wanted for it.i originally said no but then he said $50.he showed me $25 and said he'd have the rest tomorrow.He also asked if i had a Advance original and was offering $30 for one.I brought both of my advances(not the SP) and he gave me $20,the White one which i wanted to sell him,after looking at it he just wanted the SP,so i let him have my silver one(I wanted the silver one because it's a better looking color and it's in better condition.

So with that money i brought a GBA Sp(my third) red and a GBC(my fifth) and 10 games for $20 from a friend.most of the games were Dragonballz games in which i hated at first but after playing them i took it back.The GBA Sp is in OK condition.The top and bottom was scratched as usual and one side of it,the paint was severely coming off but other than that it was in good condition.The GBC is in excellent condition(no battery cover)

The games I got were:

Dragonballz The Legacy Of Goku

DBZ: The Legacy Of Goku 2

DBZ Taiketsu

DBZ Supersonic Warriors

DBZ Buu's fury

Naruto Ninja Council

Pokemon chaos black(pirate)

Pokemon Emerald(pirate)

Pokemon gold(no label)

Megaman 2

and Super Mario land 26 Golden Coins

Edited by xDragonWarrior
  • Like 1

The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 was included with MGS2: Substance in England. I had no idea they released it standalone in the US. Now I must find it.

Also, check out the script of the game on that disc and look up the Harrier fight scene. Solidus' reaction to getting his eye blown out is quite amusing.

The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 was included with MGS2: Substance in England. I had no idea they released it standalone in the US. Now I must find it.

Also, check out the script of the game on that disc and look up the Harrier fight scene. Solidus' reaction to getting his eye blown out is quite amusing.

Did he say something about a hard boiled egg? :grin:

saul_large.jpg

Did he say something about a hard boiled egg? :grin:

saul_large.jpg

Oh that Saul!

Actually no, but it's written in the script like this right after the explosion that takes his eye:

Solidus: (Happily) They got my eye!

I don't care if it made him look like Big Boss or not, it's not something I'd be too thrilled about when there's a bleeding hole in my face XD

Spent a total of about $24 on this haul today from various pawn shops around the city. For an extra 10 yesterday I also found SNES copies of Mystic Quest and Final Fight. I found the Test Drive II for Genesis interesting because it looks unlicensed.

7KRcUbG.jpg

Also, my Intellivoice arrived today!

IHPIcmr.jpg

• Like 1

Finally! A decent thrifting day! I decided to celebrate by taking a (crappy) photo:

2rpsgsn.jpg

My DC likes to "random reset", even though I've fixed it like three times now, so I think $15 is a decent price for a backup unit. The TAC2s were $3 each, but I do love my Suncom Slik Stiks, so I'm expecting these to be pretty awesome.

• Like 2

My DC likes to "random reset", even though I've fixed it like three times now, so I think $15 is a decent price for a backup unit. The TAC2s were $3 each, but I do love my Suncom Slik Stiks, so I'm expecting these to be pretty awesome.

Yeah, flexing the pins is only a temporary fix, but I've seen it last up to three years!