IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I was in the Savers across the street and looking at the boy's toys (as I find robot toys there pretty regularly) and I found a full peg of these boxed NES games. Some are CIB, some are missing parts, but they are in pretty good shape. I'm not going to post what I paid, because I don't collect NES and am definitely reselling them, but I figured I'd get more than I paid for each.

The titles I got were:

Kiwi Kraze (CIB I think)

Dr. Mario (is missing sleeve, manual, and I think the foam piece in the bottom of box)

Battletoads (is missing cover page and page 1 of manual but complete otherwise)

Laser Invasion (is missing manual but complete otherwise)

Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? (CIB)

Super Cars (missing everything but cart and box)

Operation Secret Storm (CIB I believe)

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (CIB I believe)

I thought it was a pretty good score. I'm going to post a sales thread here in a minute, but I don't really know what any of them are worth.

Nice little lot, Taxan GI Joe CIB is a nice score, I need to find me a copy of that Operation Secret Storm myself.

Today is an explosion of finds. Congrats to everyone; very nice to see people still find things and that this thread is now 500 pages!

Wow, started in late 2002, shortly after I joined AA, which was November 2002. I even posted on the first page :D

Fun to go back and scan through the first couple dozen pages and remember those scores of yesteryear.

Had to go down to the city records due to an a**hat neighbor. Hit GW again while I was on the way home and grabbed a slim PSP remote cord for a buck, a real 8mb MagicGate Sony memory card for $3.50, and V.Motion Wall-E for a buck. Not the best stuff in the world. They did have an Xbox Haunted Mansion for $5.99 but I'm going to see if it looks fun on youtube and wait for half price.

I was in the Savers across the street and looking at the boy's toys (as I find robot toys there pretty regularly) and I found a full peg of these boxed NES games. Some are CIB, some are missing parts, but they are in pretty good shape. I'm not going to post what I paid, because I don't collect NES and am definitely reselling them, but I figured I'd get more than I paid for each.

post-24585-0-25145700-1366313972_thumb.jpg

The titles I got were:

Kiwi Kraze (CIB I think)

Dr. Mario (is missing sleeve, manual, and I think the foam piece in the bottom of box)

Battletoads (is missing cover page and page 1 of manual but complete otherwise)

Laser Invasion (is missing manual but complete otherwise)

Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? (CIB)

Super Cars (missing everything but cart and box)

Operation Secret Storm (CIB I believe)

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (CIB I believe)

I thought it was a pretty good score. I'm going to post a sales thread here in a minute, but I don't really know what any of them are worth.

I'm more of a nes fan. Not sure what find I would rather have yours or mine.

Can you say score??????

$20

I went to a craigslist add that listed atari and 60 games for $20 thats all I knew and it was like 45 minutes away. I figured hell I can't lose? Set-it up last night at 9:30 pm and went first thing this morning after work.

Wait for the last pics. No not for sale!!

Again $20 and maybe $6 in gas (new car gets 40 mpg)

Can you say jealous?.Anyway best find i've seen here for that low of a price!.If only it was in my state (GA).

Edited by xDragonWarrior

Stopped at a few thrifts on the way to (and inside of) Canada...mostly just books. Found a few decent videogame things, but had to pass on them. Stopped at a Value Village and paid way too much for books, but found a couple I couldn't leave behind...my first "in the wild" sighting of Philip K. Dick, so I grabbed both of them (Counter-Clock World and The Man in the High Castle), and a hardcover collection of Ian Fleming's James Bond, which leaves me with only 3.5 books missing near the end of the series, so I can finally start reading them.

Found an EB Games and they were having a most excellent Spring Cleaning Sale on new (unused) titles.

Pilotwings Resort $5 (3DS)

Wii: Link's Crossbow Training $1 (used in generic case), Sin & Punishment 2 $5, Geometry Wars Galaxies $2, Spray $1

Hellboy: Director's Cut $2 (BD)

They also had Duke Nukem: Critical Mass for the DS, which was weird because I thought that game was vaporware for certain. Didn't grab it, though B) Was probably a wise decision.

During the week found a sega genesis controler and a couple ps2s not much elce though but saturday a relative gave me a sega master system complete in box with a few games all complete, and then gave me a tournament 2000 complete in box!!

Spectacular!

*seething with jealousy*