IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

What I want to try is using that Gamecube to Playstation adapter with my Capcom PS gamepad. It's basically just like a cross between a Genesis and SNES controller anyway!

post-12780-0-46419500-1368318704_thumb.jpg

Don't think that a Gamecube to PlayStation adapter exists(i looked for one some months ago).That controller is sweet but I was mad that I couldn't use it on Sonic mega Collection Plus(since it looks like a genesis controller in a way) but is a must for Street Fighter Anniversary Collection.

Edited by xDragonWarrior

Don't think that a Gamecube to PlayStation adapter exists(i looked for one some months ago).That controller is sweet but I was mad that I couldn't use it on Sonic mega Collection Plus(since it looks like a genesis controller in a way) but is a must for Street Fighter Anniversary Collection.

I own a Nyko adapter to put PS1/PS2 controllers onto the Gamecube, actually, so they do exist. Most of the problem I've discovered is that some games seem to not like the combination, and some of the controller mappings get funny, particularly if you attempt to use an arcade-style controller.

I had a few PS2 finds at a local kids/women's clothing store where I passed on a bunch of GBA games last time at $2 each, cart only and weren't good titles. But, these are cool and that Hallmark DVD movie is Out Of Print and worth at least $16 or so so that pays for some. I was surprised to see the extra disc in the one game but oh well, it was the trilogy originally. All of the games look pretty good, some of the cases show wear but they are all complete with the manuals, I have my receipt around here so may be able to say what I paid with tax and all. The PS2 games were all $2.99 each, the two CD's were 99 cents and the DVD's were mainly $1.99, I also bought one not shown because it was for my 13 year old son and it was Nancy Drew with that, is it Emily or Emma Stone girl? IDK but she's older than him but more his age than mine.

37.87 for...

METAL GEAR SOLID

METAL GEAR SOLID 2 (Free, in part one case just floating around with the two discs that it already has)

METAL GEAR SOLID 3

PIRATES

VALKYRIE PROFILE 2: SILMERIA

BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL

GAUNTLET

THE BARD'S TALE

I got some cool DVD's in with the price so the games were like 3 bucks each but that extra Metal Gear was included.

The Reader's Digest DVD is sealed and has 4 discs, 5 hours, $1.99 :)

post-4103-0-18520000-1368610511_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-38561900-1368610516_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

post-4103-0-98514800-1368832730_thumb.jpg

I went to the same store as the story I told two posts ago and these were sitting on a shelf, by themself and weren't there when I went just before. The condition is what I liked about these, the discs look really good and all are complete. These aren't really good titles as I found out when I got home but still very nice looking games, I'm just going to clean up the cases and test them out. I go through the same process whether I'm keeping or trying to sell or trade a title. I'm a collector of certain things at certain times, for years it has been my 7800 collection because I've been working on it. Anyway, here's what I found yesterday:

2.99 Wii - DAVE MIRRA: BMX CHALLENGE

4.99 Wii - KING OF CLUBS

4.99 Wii - BIONICLE HEROES

4.99 Wii - BOOGIE: SUPER STAR

post-4103-0-62578100-1368832834_thumb.jpg

Oh Yeah, they also had these cute, little Hello Kitty key holder or cap for your house keys. It was only one per package but really neat. I bought it for my daughter but couldn't believe sellers were getting around 5 or 6 plus a little bit of shipping. They have a few more I might go get if they still have them.

After not feeling very well this morning, decided to hit a few local yard sales. It was a "Square" day

NES Rad Racer II

PS2 Kingdom Hearts

PS2 Final Fantasy X

The NES game was from one sale while the 2 PS2 games were from another. All 3 were a buck each though and all are complete and absolutely mint.

post-2493-0-29266800-1368910937_thumb.jpg

Edited by AtariLeaf

The year's largest (mostly private sellers) flea market in town gave me some treats. Among them 6 Atari carts plus Sonic for SMS, all for 4 Euro. They were pretty rotten, though, but that is about the usual state you get them here in Germany these days. Shamefully neglected. But you got to grab 2600 stuff when you see it. Turns up in the wild extremely rarely here. Well, they all are clean now, and all work perfectly. Labels are beyond repair, though...

Metroid was kind of pricy: 14 Euro. But that's still way lower than the usual price in Germany, and it's in perfect condition. Not a speck of dust on it. The interesting items among the Gameboy games are Mega Man II and Missile Command (GBC). The latter is a bad game. Don't buy it. It made the original into a fluffy cute piece of garbage. Stick with the different Atari versions.

The Mega Drive controller needs a little bit of repair. One button is acting like a spoiled child. But I got it really cheap, about two bucks - usually, those go for 7 or higher when I see them on flea markets.

post-34656-0-95873500-1368937861_thumb.jpg

Been to 3 carbootsales today and got some nice stuff

- A working blip computer game, only missing battery cover. 1 euro

- Cluedo bigbox for the cd-i, no game in the box but with all the extra. Already have the game so now it is complete again. 50 cents

- true crime new york and streets of la both ps2 both 3 euro each.

- gbc with the following carts, dragon warrior, kirbys dream land, pokemon gold and silver, sml2, le mans 24, rayman, rescue of princess blobette and the smurfs for gamegear for 10 euro

- hercules gba, desert strike gamegear, f1 gamegear and paperboy megadrive for 1 euro each.

post-5654-0-46036900-1368960311_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The handful of yard sales I stopped at yesterday afternoon were either duds or had already been picked over by the local resellers. But I did get a CIB King's Quest III for DOS for $1, at the same place I got KQII last year (and those Saturn games a couple weeks ago).

They must be working their way through the series 27 years late LOL... go back next year for KQ-IV.

^Heh, that'd be nice, but I think I know what happened: these are leftovers from the 10-box lot my fiancée picked up last year. I guess the two sealed Saturn games and King's Quest III somehow got separated from the rest of the stuff. It's possible that KQIII was sitting out last time (when I grabbed the stray Saturn games) and I just didn't see it.

It'd be great if KQ1 is somewhere around there too -- my fiancée and I love playing text adventures together, and I'd like to play the series in order -- but at least I have a disk image of it for my CoCo. The weird thing is, just about all of the 100+ other items in the boxes were for consoles, so no idea why these two CIB DOS games were in there. But the stuff in there was so random anyway, it was hard to make sense of it.

Was perusing tag sales yesterday and for the most part came up empty, but I did score for the modest price of $35 a CX-2600A and... a complete receiver/left/right set of wireless Atari remote control joysticks. :thumbsup:

I haven't yet tested them but if they work - and I have little reason to believe they don't in as good a condition they're in - that's not a bad deal.

I also picked up a red label NTSC Yars' Revenge for the 2600 for $3, which wasn't too shabby either. I really only grabbed it because it looked different from the three other regular Yars' Revenges that were there, and looked it up when i got home. :grin:

A cool local auction grab.. 3 boxes of VHS tapes, and other misc. items for $5. Tucked in there, were these highlights including all 6 OS Star Trek movies, several Alfred Hitchcock movies and The Hobbit audio book on cassette in a cool wooden box. Also tucked in there, but not shown here was a 16 gig ipod touch.. Doesn't work, but was more or less free, so hopefully I can get it fixed cheaply.

photo5-1_zps4a515bbd.jpg

8dba8d45-ff1e-4a74-ad71-ba93b0add8b6_zps27347cf0.jpg

• Like 1

Somebody seems to have donated an entire music shop to one of my usual thrifts. When browsing through CD's, I'm usually sifting through tons of schlock from the past decade, hoping to stumble upon a decent recent release, or even better, something from the '60s through the '90s not yet in my collection. But this time there was a treasure trove classic rock to look through, and amazingly, a lot of it I didn't yet have. I picked up several Jimmy Buffett and Neil Young discs, along with good stuff from bands like Scorpions, Molly Hatchet, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and even Pink Floyd. Most of these were the more recent "remastered" editions, too, and quite a few of them were still sealed. All told, the thrift store got over a hundred bucks, and I got enough discs to fill my work commutes for the next month!

Edited by FujiSkunk
  • Like 1

Just got a hold of a great Atari deal just recently. An Atari Light Sixer(Missing an AC adapter sadly), a Sears Video Arcade Light Sixer, a Tele-Games center(complete with the clear plastic dome top!), 75 fairly common games, four Joysticks, six paddles, a copy of Tapper with manual, and the Sears Tele-Games Blackjack with the picture label(with manual).

For $75. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Picked up a pair of Atari 7800 controllers ($12) and a copy of Death by Degress (PS2 - $4) today. Not to shabby.

I need to pop one of the 7800 controllers open and clean it out a bit though I think. The fire button sticks pretty bad. Also, I didn't think it was possible for there to be a joystick worse than the ColecoVision joystick until I used these things. Good god.

Somebody seems to have donated an entire music shop to one of my usual thrifts. When browsing through CD's, I'm usually sifting through tons of schlock from the past decade, hoping to stumble upon a decent recent release, or even better, something from the '60s through the '90s not yet in my collection. But this time there was a treasure trove classic rock to look through, and amazingly, a lot of it I didn't yet have. I picked up several Jimmy Buffett and Neil Young discs, along with good stuff from bands like Scorpions, Molly Hatchet, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and even Pink Floyd. Most of these were the more recent "remastered" editions, too, and quite a few of them were still sealed. All told, the thrift store got over a hundred bucks, and I got enough discs to fill my work commutes for the next month!

Check the sealed ones for price on Amazon before you open them. You may want to sell and buy used if it's worth your time. Sealed stuff can be big bucks on classic rock.

• Like 1

Check the sealed ones for price on Amazon before you open them. You may want to sell and buy used if it's worth your time. Sealed stuff can be big bucks on classic rock.

Sheesh, you're right. There is one CD here, the Molly Hatchet Flirtin' with Disaster remaster that people are asking a ridiculous amount for on Amazon. On the other hand the last few eBay auctions either haven't sold or have gone for about what I paid for the disc. I'll probably just keep this one and consider it a bargain for myself. Thanks for the tip, though!

I was browsing at the Salvation army when I saw something that made me do a double take. A small box with MegaDrive logo on it.

In USA, one simply does not find MegaDrive (or Famicom Disk System or PC Engine too) in the wild.

post-11037-0-16089900-1369185901_thumb.jpg

It had been there long enough to reach the half off color (tan this week, was $1.15 now $0.57) so either no one knew or cared about it. I bought it mainly for the box. There were also several 2600 and 7800 games as well ($5 each, half off this week, all too pricey even at half off) and a white PCE controller front (just the front, nothing else like it was taken apart or broke apart) for $8 before half off. I left them all. I was almost tempted to take the controller front just for it but I already have a working white PCE controller. The pre-auto fire model.

Inside the box was a power supply with European style plug and is labeled as 110v-220v, 9v 500mA out.

post-11037-0-11921000-1369185917_thumb.jpg

The power supply felt very light so I opened it (2 screws) and it's very tiny inside!

post-11037-0-03180900-1369185929_thumb.jpg

I wonder what I missed if there were PCE controller part and many 2600/7800 games after 5 weeks. It's too bad this Salvation Army store is almost 50 miles away (South-west Saginaw near Walmart) and way out of any of my usual route so I rarely visit that one. With gas hitting $4/gal again it is just too expensive to make weekly trek there just for that slim chance of finding good stuff.

Edited by Uzumaki