IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

25$ at value village, best find Iv had there in a while, though its not really a "find" as I have 3 friends who work there and let me know when stuff shows up, though they don't work in pricing, so while I get a heads up, I never get breaks on prices, Id say still works out for the best.

Is that one of the limited edition PS2s which were limited to 666 units per colour?

Some cool stuff at the thrift yesterday. Paid about $6 for all.

Crash Bandicoot Warped - PS1

The Stand - VHS

A Year & a Half in the Life of Metallica parts 1 & 2 - VHS

Back to the Future Part 1 - VHS

Dungeons & Dragons - VHS

photo1_zps0db78443.jpg

Some cool stuff at the thrift yesterday. Paid about $6 for all.

Crash Bandicoot Warped - PS1

The Stand - VHS

A Year & a Half in the Life of Metallica parts 1 & 2 - VHS

Back to the Future Part 1 - VHS

Dungeons & Dragons - VHS

photo1_zps0db78443.jpg

I remember renting the vhs tapes of the stand together with a friend of my. Watched the whole movie in 1 go. Was pretty good. We didn't noticed the time until we had to insert the 2nd tape.

My most recent finds:

LCD computer monitor: $3.55

Grand Theft Auto Vice City PS2: $0.50

iWay GPS unit in working condition: ~$3.00

LinkSys/Cisco E2000 router: $2.50

Not much in the way of gaming but that's some pretty good tech for the price! I just need to find a way to charge that GPS unit so we can have it around for trips. After I got the LinkSys router, I ran home with it and flashed it to a DD-WRT firmware almost immediately afterward. The firmware flash was surprisingly easy (I've heard stories...) but now that it's done I'm just not sure what I should DO with it. I guess using it as a wireless receiver for my old Xbox 360 is good enough...

:) Oh yeah! Today I was just randomly browsing the garage sale adds on craigslist, eyeballing the pics searching for hidden games. I seen a power pad w/ a zapper and some nes games. I emailed and ask them if they still had them. The sale started yesterday (luckily it has been raining hard). An hour later the guy called me and said he did. He wanted $50. W/out seeing any titles just knowing there were 24 games and a system we agreed for him to hold it for me for $45. I drove over (45 minutes) and nabbed it. Glad I did!! Boxed Gun-Nac baby! (no manual sadly)

edit: boxed 64 stuff are empty no games.

100_3864_zps0a1ef015.jpg

100_3863_zps606ff79f.jpg

100_3865_zpseda14705.jpg

100_3866_zps1aa137df.jpg

100_3868_zpsfd5b0ada.jpg

Edited by icemanxp300
  • Like 3

Last week's garage sale finds(didn't get around to posting earlier.).

Nintendo DS 'Universal Transporter' - New without tags - $3

'Winesburg, Ohio' by Sherwood Anderson - Older Modern Library printing w/ original dust jacket - $1

Need for Speed: Underground (GameCube) - CIB

Midway Arcade Treasures 3(GameCube) - CIB - $5 for the pair

post-26390-0-31041500-1372522864_thumb.jpg

post-26390-0-75190200-1372523010_thumb.jpg

post-26390-0-46299900-1372523159_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Easily had my best find so far (keep in mind I don't get to hunt too much). Hit a barn sale and was about to walk out when the guy said "I have this box over here I haven't put out yet". I almost passed as the rest fo the selection was so meh but said wth. Glad I looked. All the games were 5$ a pop, except Super Empire and Super Return of the Jedi...which he had in a case for 12 a piece (!). I offered him 6 a piece and he went for it. Pad was 5$ as well--and man did I have to clean it.

The stuff on the bottom I went back for....I couldn't resist even though they aren't anything special.

ur0y.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

41nr.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

I'd have been very happy with that bunch WITHOUT Sunset Riders, but getting that for 5$ made my whole weekend.

• Like 2

:) Oh yeah! Today I was just randomly browsing the garage sale adds on craigslist, eyeballing the pics searching for hidden games. I seen a power pad w/ a zapper and some nes games. I emailed and ask them if they still had them. The sale started yesterday (luckily it has been raining hard). An hour later the guy called me and said he did. He wanted $50. W/out seeing any titles just knowing there were 24 games and a system we agreed for him to hold it for me for $45. I drove over (45 minutes) and nabbed it. Glad I did!! Boxed Gun-Nac baby! (no manual sadly)

edit: boxed 64 stuff are empty no games.

Jeez you could consider that a steal for Gun Nac alone and call the rest a bonus. Nice find!

Edited by GoldenWheels
  • Like 2

Easily had my best find so far (keep in mind I don't get to hunt too much). Hit a barn sale and was about to walk out when the guy said "I have this box over here I haven't put out yet". I almost passed as the rest fo the selection was so meh but said wth. Glad I looked. All the games were 5$ a pop, except Super Empire and Super Return of the Jedi...which he had in a case for 12 a piece (!). I offered him 6 a piece and he went for it. Pad was 5$ as well--and man did I have to clean it.

The stuff on the bottom I went back for....I couldn't resist even though they aren't anything special.

I'd have been very happy with that bunch WITHOUT Sunset Riders, but getting that for 5$ made my whole weekend.

Nice find on Sunset Riders, I was going to ask if you wanted to trade then I looked and realised I already have it lol.

A few thrifts here...

Spent about $8

VHS:

Back the the Future 2 & 3

Old Yeller

Dragon Ball GT

Cassette

Steve Miller Band - Book of Dreams

Third Eye Blind - How's it gonna Be

Lemmings - PC

photo1_zpsa1729a45.jpg

Then there is this strange device, clearly for Original Xbox memory cards... But I don't know its application..

photo2_zpsc3d2b2dd.jpg

Hit up a local flea market a few weeks back and didn't find anything interesting for sale...but something in a trash can caught my eye:

IMG_0128_zps4c0048aa.jpg

No idea if it works, but I figured that a Sinclair was an unusual find.

-Rob

Heh, those things didn't work even when they were brand new.

Not a "thrift" find, but I went to Play N Trade yesterday and it seems like just about every used game place around here is suffering...plenty of sports titles to be had, and not much else =|

I did finally get to pick up Star Wars: Bounty Hunter though, for $7.50, and one of those Sega brand 4x memory cards (technically not a VMU?) for the Dreamcast for $5.

Today my fiancée brought home a Virtual Boy and 6 CIB games (Golf, 3D Tetris, Red Alarm, Panic Bomber, Galactic Pinball, and Vertical Force) for $25 total. Unfortunately the Virtual Boy has graphic corruption in one eyepiece and a blank screen in the other, which I've since learned is probably caused by an adhesive failure that's often fixable. But the games are in pristine condition, and at worst I can just get another VB.

• Like 1

It's been a while since I've posted on Atari Age, so all the more reason to show off my latest find.

So I was looking around the local Craigslist last week in boredom, and I was in Video Game section. I noticed someone was trying to sell 3 Atari 2600's. So I checked it out, sorta expecting to see a uneducated price for the lot. Turns out, the seller wanted only $20 for the trio. The whole lot was listed with three consoles (one six switch and two four switch's), two sets of paddles, one controller, and no AC adapters. While a decent deal in my opinion, I decided to set back and think about it.

Fast forward to yesterday, I was again on Craigslist and looking around. During this time I came across the listing again. After thinking about if for the moment, and decided to see if the guy still had them. Turns out he still (surprisingly) did, so I agreed to buy the lot. When I get to the guys house to pick them up. He told me that he decided to throw in another 2600. This fourth console was Vader, but it had two switches broken off. (Not a problem for me.) The switch issue is why he didn't even bother mentioning it in the listing he said.

So I went expecting to buy three Atari 2600's, and left with four Atari 2600's! Not a bad day at all in my opinion!

gallery_18160_992_1454211.jpg

gallery_18160_992_540087.jpg

gallery_18160_992_2337778.jpg

gallery_18160_992_684230.jpg

gallery_18160_992_1276024.jpg

gallery_18160_992_1963373.jpg

Edited by nightwheel
  • Like 4

Today I found Q*bert for Atari 8-bit with box and manual for $2 (no cartridge insert). I thought it was a weird thing to find at some random sale, but there it was. Unfortunately, I already have the game (loose), but I couldn't pass it up. Also found a loose Captain Novolin at another sale for 50 cents.