IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

It's been slim pickins as of late. Found three games- Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Jurassic Park (Super NES), and Dino Stalker- for a quarter each. Was able to get all three games for fifty cents, so I was pretty happy about that.

(Return of the Jedi kind of stinks IMO)

i nabbed ps1 ff7, oddworld, nightmare creatures, and syphon filter for $1 then I got a gamecube w/power only and disc only luigis mansion for $4.

Oh wow, that's a pretty good haul! I almost feel sorry for the GameCube; these days you can get one for a handful of beans. They don't even have to be magic!

...these days you can get one for a handful of beans.

It probably doesn't help that most Wiis can do almost everything the Cube could do (and with much less expensive component video, to boot!).

All the GCs I see in the wild go for about the same prices as PS2s and XBoxes, though. I feel bad for all the PSXs and PS1s I see stacking up everywhere...especially when they try to charge $10-25 for just the console by itself!

That happens at my local Goodwill, They have 4 Playstations like $25

I glanced at your comment too quick and thought for a moment it said "What happens at my Goodwill...". Then I was expecting it to finnish with "stays at my Goodwill", but it didn't.

• Like 1

Some recent finds...

CIMG4607_zps637c847b.jpg

History of the World CD-ROM, Joan of Arc Siege & The Sword, Merchant Prince and Heirs to the Throne for IBM. $5.99 each at Salvation Army and all but Joan of Arc are unopened.

CIMG4608_zpsfb0972ec.jpg

Japanese PS2 Crimson Sea 2 and PSP Hot Shots Golf-$5.99 each at Goodwill.

CIMG4610_zps49bd48c6.jpg

Autographed Brian Wilson Live at the Roxy Theatre CD-$1.99 at Goodwill.

• Like 1

Talk about disappointment. Saw at Goodwill what looked like Kether for CD-i on the outside but had a Call of Duty case and game on the inside. Also saw a Talking Computron with cartridge for $3.99 but ended up passing.

Actually found something at Salvation Army for once: Kileak the DNA Imperative (PS1) for $1.95 complete.

That makes my Goodwill find Jello Biafra signed Lard CD look pretty lame.

Nah, that's still very nice to find!

CIMG4614_zps400876b4.jpg

College Slam, Destroy All Humans 2, F-1 Race and the 24 in 1 Game Gear multicart were $5.99 each at Goodwill; the Office Mac 2004 Student and Teacher Edition is unopened and was $6.99.

Not a thrift find per se but bought an Interact Shadowblade arcade stick for 10$ at the Play N Trade in Danbury, CT. I needed something to use for mame, etc my soft modded xbox and there were surprisingly few arcade sticks made for the original Xbox (I discovered). So for now I am running this into the Xbox via a controller converter and it works fine. Thing is built like a TANK and was totally clean save one missing rubber foot.

31UbjWxrInL.jpg

I get the feeling I missed out on a goldmine this weekend, but I absolutely cannot complain with what I did get.

One of my usual thrifts had three SNES cartridges in three different areas of the store. I left the loose Mario Paint and Bart's Nightmare behind, but grabbed the CIB Earthworm Jim, after which I discovered an empty box of Yoshi's Cookie for the original Game Boy. I would have liked the game to go with it, but boxes are harder to find than games, so it was still a nice get.

The cost? One whole dollar for everything. I even got a USB optical mouse in the deal.

Just another manic Monday...

CIMG4627_zps98cc243d.jpg

$2 at an Out of the Closet thrift.

CIMG4625_zps1fcd73ea.jpg

$5.99 each at Goodwill.

CIMG4624_zps1c381c3f.jpg

My closest Salvation Army has taken to bundling games by system lately. This PS1 bundle was $9.99.

CIMG4628_zps618014c1.jpg

This GameCube bundle including WarioWorld and a Game Boy Player disc on the top (to go along with the player attached to the Cube) was $35.

Nah, that's still very nice to find!

Perhaps, but personally, I would've been much more excited about a Brian Wilson sig. But then, maybe that's a common find in California.

I left the loose Mario Paint and Bart's Nightmare behind...

You're missing out, Bart's Nightmare is pretty good. Gets a little frustrating sometimes, though.

My closest Salvation Army has taken to bundling games by system lately.

It's certainly a good way to make sure they get rid of the garbage games, too. I always see them sitting there for months, and they just keep accumulating.

Perhaps, but personally, I would've been much more excited about a Brian Wilson sig. But then, maybe that's a common find in California.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Brian fan too and was very excited. He and Jello are definitely two distinctive stripes of the California sound. :) I actually found a Honeys CD autographed by Brian's ex-wife Marilyn recently at Amoeba Records Hollywood. Paid $20, which given the fact that it's a hard CD to find and it was signed AND was at Amoeba is not too bad.

It's certainly a good way to make sure they get rid of the garbage games, too. I always see them sitting there for months, and they just keep accumulating.

Very true, and guys like me fall for it to get the nuggets. :)

I haven't been on much lately, been a busy summer so far, but I've been trying to keep up with everyone's finds! I've actually done very well this summer, but posting hasn't been a top priority. I have a bunch of stuff to post when I get a chance, but I think this is worth bragging a bit about right now!

Stopped at a garage sale (one of many many sales) on Saturday. Couple of older ladies, a few tables of the usual junk. Did a quick look around didn't see anything and gave my wife the, "ready to go?" look. She says, "You didn't want that Donkey Kong game?" I'm like "Huh, where?" "Right there, on that table."

Sitting in the middle of a table was this:

post-12780-0-54419400-1374626052_thumb.jpgpost-12780-0-71607400-1374626058_thumb.jpgpost-12780-0-68279100-1374626067_thumb.jpg

Yes, it's an original shrink wrapped DK64. It's gorgeous, no tears, no fading, only a minor crease at the top. No price tag.

So I ask one of the ladies, "how much for this?" She: "I don't know, what's it worth?" (Yeah, right.) Me: "I'm not sure, what do you think you want for it?" She: "How about four dollars?" SOLD!

post-12780-0-72938200-1374626020_thumb.jpg

• Like 4