IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

These were found at a Goodwill for $5.99 each, all new and sealed. I wonder if these were part of a store or warehouse drop given the Blade II and Cabela games for both Xbox and PS2 (there was another sealed PS2 Blade II that I left).

You find a lot of sealed games cheap. I found a sealed xbox jade empire at goodwill the other day but it was $3

It's easy to miss. On first glance, you would think it was just a CD deck, or perhaps a DVD player. I suspect many Nuons have been missed at yard sales and thrift shops for the same reason.

True, but not by me! :-D I got all three of my Nuon players at pawn shops, both of my CD-i players at thrift shops, and my Laseractive with Sega PAC at a thrift shop. I don't think I paid more than $10 for any of the Nuons or CD-i's but I will admit that the Laseractive was around $50. For some reason, thrifts are still way overpricing LD players, so the Laseractive wasn't any more than if it had been a regular player. By the way, my 910 has exactly the same problem with the drawer not closing all the way. I wonder if that it common.

True, but not by me! :-D I got all three of my Nuon players at pawn shops, both of my CD-i players at thrift shops, and my Laseractive with Sega PAC at a thrift shop. I don't think I paid more than $10 for any of the Nuons or CD-i's but I will admit that the Laseractive was around $50. For some reason, thrifts are still way overpricing LD players, so the Laseractive wasn't any more than if it had been a regular player. By the way, my 910 has exactly the same problem with the drawer not closing all the way. I wonder if that it common.

Its kind of a common problem. You probably need to replace the drive belt.

Edited by Seob

Its kind of a common problem. You probably need to replace the drive belt.

Nice to know the problem with mine is easily fixable. I'm also glad mine doesn't sound like a screeching banshee when it opens. Edited by nightwheel

My CL find. Midway Super Pac-Man working, Gottlieb's Golden Arrow (minor ball release problem), and Turbo Cockpit (unknown problem. believed to be monitor issue).

I was able to test the pinball machine there. I have yet to power the Turbo up. Trouble shooting comes this weekend for those two.

$350 for the lot. I figured the Super Pac was worth that. The other 2 are something for me and the kids work on. Our 1st arcade machine projects. Stocked for the weekend!

B

post-29567-0-47651500-1375757081_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Roadium swap meet finds...

CIMG4695_zps0962020b.jpg

CIMG4696_zps08020767.jpg

PS1 Power Serve 3D Tennis-$3

Sealed PS2 R-Type Final-$4

GameCube Pikmin 2 (missing manual)-$2

PS2 Promo NFR Shadow Hearts-$5

PSP Monster Hunter Freedom Unite demo disc-$1

The highlight of the day was recognizing one of the sellers from a garage sale that I had 2 weeks ago, and then recognizing some of my old stuff on her table!

• Like 2

CIMG4702_zps5b0df5c6.jpg

Flea market finds:

NES Remote Control and Championship Bowling are both complete, in great shape and were $5 each. GC Custom Robo and PS2 Freaky Flyers were $2 each, and the Japanese PS2 Evergrace II was $5

CIMG4701_zps5c36e7fe.jpg

Goodwill finds, $5.99 each. MP4 and MKDD are missing their manuals, a too-common trait the I've been running into lately among GameCube games.

Fridays at my flea market are really hit or miss. I either find nothing whatsoever, or multiple items I've been searching for for months, if not years. Today was the latter.

Seganet DC keyboard: $3

PXL-2000 camcorder: $12

Hey You Pikachu complete: $5

Superpad 64 Plus controller: $1

Flea Market 08/09/2013

I'm most excited about the PXL-2000 and the DC keyboard. I've been keeping my open, hoping I'd find either one of those for about two years now, and today I found both of them. Same seller even, so I was able to negotiate the price a bit more.

Edit: My friend also gave me a Mario Paint cartridge, a SNES mouse, and the mouse pad last night, but I don't have a picture. He's trying to start a Mario Paint collective.

Edited by MagnaFarce