IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I got a hold of this foxy little number the other day.

Gene-you-wine 3DO Testing Station. These l'il fellas are apparently capable of playing both encrypted and unencrypted 3DO software. (note the switch on the back)

I only see these pop up once every few years and they command fairly abusive prices. Came with both controllers and a loose copy of Burning Soldier. Hooked her up to my TV and she hums perfectly.

post-35166-0-92160100-1384203495_thumb.jpg

post-35166-0-62851800-1384203496_thumb.jpg

post-35166-0-33970600-1384203497_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

As much as I don't like Gamestop I like shopping for tablecloths even less. I stopped in Gamestop and found 2 of these for $17.99 each, $79.99 sticker still on it. They only had 2 but I was told all Gamestops should have a couple since its PS3. It shows as pre-owned but its actually new with all 3 games included. Damn nice stick especially for $17 and change. The Xbox 360 version was $39.99 but I will be checking daily for the price drop. Grab one or more and enjoy!

post-30699-138421899795_thumb.jpg

post-30699-138421903933_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks cybercylon and hyperboy. I was kinda shocked to see the Silent Hill at a church sale but I couldn't resist for $ 0.50! (Why don't they use the cents sign anymore?) All were complete too.

I saw a bunch of anime on VHS and a movie called Virtual Sexuality at a church sale I went to about a month or so ago, so nothing surprises me.

CIMG4900_zps267a0d63.jpg

These were part of a $.99 sale for DVDs, CDs and games at a Goodwill bookstore. The Six Seasons and a Movie DVD is a document of a Community-related art show in Los Angeles.

CIMG4901_zps5b4da904.jpg

These were $5 each from a couple of hole in the wall thrifts. Paper Mario is missing the manual.

That's International Superstar Soccer Deluxe, right? IIRC that's worth quite a bit if you have the right variation of it.

Couple more pics...This thing is heavy and nice, it uses Suzo-Happ parts so I won't need to raid my arcade parts. The brass tag in back is a serial # tag that's screwed on back of controller and bottom is padded with no-slide material.

Would this work well for arcade games or is it really just made for the Mortal Combat games?

Would this work well for arcade games or is it really just made for the Mortal Combat games?

It will work for pretty much any game you want (PS3) the only issue might be button layout could be confusing at first. I have the WWE stick as well and it has the traditional 6 button layout (3 over 3). I haven't had a chance but I'm sure it will kick some ass on Midway classics for PS3!

Some good finds recently...

post-6115-0-46069800-1384706580_thumb.jpg

About the most useless redesign of a console if there ever was one. At least the second NES model traded the direct A/V connections for a more reliable cartridge port. Here they've taken away the A/V port and the Sega Card port, and added... well, it does have a built-in Alex Kidd game. Yay.

I think it's fair to say, with the Sega Master System already losing badly to the NES in the U.S., this redesign did nothing to help the cause. But hey, that's what makes it collectible, right?

post-6115-0-91769300-1384706882_thumb.jpg

So it seems there are different flavors of analog controls for the original PlayStation. Ridge Racer won't even acknowledge a DualShock controller in analog mode, but this quasi-steering-wheel, reportedly based on a controller of Namco's creation, plays nicely with the game, and gives a lot more control over the original digital-only PS controllers. Incidentally, if anyone has ever picked one of these up and thought it was busted, buttons seemingly doing nothing or otherwise misbehaving, apparently it is configurable, and all customization is stored in permanent memory. Thanks to the Wayback Machine and someone's sleuthing over on the PlayStation forums, the manual is online, explaining how to undo the damage.

post-6115-0-64073000-1384707155_thumb.jpg

Microsoft's official force-feedback steering wheel for the XBox 360 sports a perfectly Microsoftian design. A wall-wart power supply is needed to drive the force feedback, but a battery pack is required for the wireless connection to the console. Go figure. But hey, force-feedback steering, and it plays beautifully with Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, among other games I'm sure.

• Like 2

CIMG4900_zps267a0d63.jpg

These were part of a $.99 sale for DVDs, CDs and games at a Goodwill bookstore. The Six Seasons and a Movie DVD is a document of a Community-related art show in Los Angeles.

CIMG4901_zps5b4da904.jpg

These were $5 each from a couple of hole in the wall thrifts. Paper Mario is missing the manual.

That's "Streets Ahead"! Something Community so cool, and cheap! Best Deal I've ever Dean! You're the worst. <G>

Found the following cartridges at a 2nd and Charles store:

32X - Virtua Racing $3

Atari 2600 - Sprint Master $1

Atari 7800 - Centipede $3

Atari 7800 - Winter Games $3

GBC - Sgt. Rock On the Front Line $5

GBC - Playmobil Laura $1

GBA - 007 Everything or Nothing $5

GBA - Ultimate Spider-Man $3

• Like 2

I got some stuff last Thursday from the flea market. Since I'm home sick today I figured I'd take the pictures and finally get around to posting my finds.

Tamagotchi and the Mary-Kate and Ashley games were 2-for-$5. My friend got the Chex Quest disc for a dollar (I think, it might have been two dollars) and gave it to me because I actually have an old PC which can play it, and he only has newer Mac computers. The Dreamcast magazine disc was $1.

Flea Market 11/14/2013 1/2

There's this one guy at the flea market who always has piles of stuff selling for $1 (same guy I bought the 5200 from, actually), and every once in a while there's something which is worth it. This Game Gear was in those piles on this day. There were some slightly corroded batteries in the battery compartment and the 2 button gets a bit stuck, but it had the battery covers, and for $1 it's worth a shot. I cleaned out the battery compartment and tested it out, and it actually works very well. The speaker works, the screen doesn't look washed out, and the 2 button still works to some capacity. I'll probably still open it up and try to bring the button up to 100%.

Flea Market 11/14/2013 2/2

This is one of the more odd finds I've had. I was doing a kitchen demolition job at an old house in a gated community that apparently was built in 1971/1972, and this house still had a bunch of the original decorations from back then. Orange countertops, orange drapes, and this old garbage disposal unit. I just had to take it home. It would be a shame to throw it away.

Bonus

• Like 2

oc4p.jpg
$49 (shipped) on the 'bay. Not the most thrifty, but there are only 5 in here that I already had (*starred), which is pretty rare for me when I shop for lots. I figure street fighter and bc racers (the two I wanted most) add up to a good chunk of the total, and I get some other really solid titles for very little. Big problem--my 3do drawer is currently almost full, so storage could be an issue. I'll probably collapse my longboxes.

*Total eclipse
Doom
Po'ed
Super street fighter 2 turbo
*The Daedalus encounter
Star blade
*Shanghai triple threat
Samurai showdown
primal rage
icebreaker
Shockwave 2
*Alone in the dark
*Space ace
Bc racers
Dungeons and dragons slayer
Corpse killer

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3

I found a nice JVC D-series 27 inch TV on the side of the road with the old "free" sign on it. Multiple hookups, even a component hook up. Just what I needed for my cobbled together arcade stand.

And it all seems to work but damn this thing is disgustingly filthy (smoker I think). YUCK! Gonna take some work but free is free. Hopefully it looks like this again when I am done:

6143236-2-200-0.gif

Edited by GoldenWheels
  • Like 3

$49 (shipped) on the 'bay. Not the most thrifty, but there are only 5 in here that I already had (*starred), which is pretty rare for me when I shop for lots. I figure street fighter and bc racers (the two I wanted most) add up to a good chunk of the total, and I get some other really solid titles for very little. Big problem--my 3do drawer is currently almost full, so storage could be an issue. I'll probably collapse my longboxes.

Very nice price for that lot! BTW if you decide to get rid of the longboxes, I'd be interested in a few. :)