IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

attachicon.gifcommadore monitor.JPGI was just thinking I wanted one of these recently . Just picked it up today ! These are really nice !

Those are great monitors ... nothing quite like playing an old time RPG on the C64 with a genuine Commodore monitor. Grab some Dr. Pepper and get ready for a late night of adventure!

• Like 2

attachicon.gifcommadore monitor.JPGI was just thinking I wanted one of these recently . Just picked it up today ! These are really nice !

I've been looking for one of these at the flea market for years. I remember using this monitor when I was a kid and my dad had the whole Commodore 64 setup. It's really too bad he got rid of everything in the late '90s.

Does that price sticker on top say you got it for $3.99?

Earlier today I decided to look on Craigslist for some Sega stuff, just for the fun of it. There was a posting on there (which had been up for three days already) for a non-working Saturn in box with all the manuals and plastic, two power cables, AV cable, two controllers (one Sega, one aftermarket), one Mad Catz light gun with Saturn adapter, and an official Sega Saturn Backup cartridge. All for $20. I just got back from picking it up.
The Saturn won't spin any discs, but I already have a working Saturn, so I don't care too much about that. I mostly wanted to get a couple more controllers and try my hand at repairing a Saturn.

Craigslist 11/20/2013

• Like 1

These were all found with the CDs at Salvation Army for $2.99 each.

CIMG4908_zps7c8f8a9b.jpg

Baten Kaitos 2 CD original soundtrack.

CIMG4909_zps5148ab9a.jpg

Japanese Saturn Last Bronx, Virtua Fighter Kids and Burning Rangers, all complete and in great shape.

CIMG4911_zps19e21dc0.jpg

Delco Electronics Music System Sampler, a Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab compilation release.

• Like 1

I picked up a few games last night at Koolectibles in Hibbing. Kind of a dump in there, but they had some cool stuff. I got Journey Escape, Space Attack, and some Realsports games for the 2600. I also got a switch box for the NES, and some games. Like Pro Wrestling, which turned out to be Track & Field in a Pro Wrestling case. $10. But I got $15 back because I sold some stuff.

Edited by JadeETC
  • Like 1

oc4p.jpg
$49 (shipped) on the 'bay. Not the most thrifty, but there are only 5 in here that I already had (*starred), which is pretty rare for me when I shop for lots. I figure street fighter and bc racers (the two I wanted most) add up to a good chunk of the total, and I get some other really solid titles for very little. Big problem--my 3do drawer is currently almost full, so storage could be an issue. I'll probably collapse my longboxes.

*Total eclipse

Doom

Po'ed

Super street fighter 2 turbo

*The Daedalus encounter

Star blade

*Shanghai triple threat

Samurai showdown

primal rage

icebreaker

Shockwave 2

*Alone in the dark

*Space ace

Bc racers

Dungeons and dragons slayer

Corpse killer

Good to see the 3DO get some love instead of the constant bashing.I for one cannot see why people call it one of the worst consoles of all time.It had some great games like The need for speed, Crash N Burn,the best version of Super Street Fighter 2, Gex, Lucienne's Quest, Killing Time etc.

Edited by xDragonWarrior
  • Like 1

Good to see the 3DO get some love instead of the constant bashing.I for one cannot see why people call it one of the worst consoles of all time.It had some great games like The need for speed, Crash N Burn,the best version of Super Street Fighter 2, Gex, Lucienne's Quest, Killing Time etc.

I agree. You can have my 3DO when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

• Like 1

You forgot Road Rash ;)

Found a pair of TRS-80's with cartridges on Craigslist. Got it all for $40.00. Had two joysticks, a Dragonfire and Demon Attack carts, documentation as well as some other games. Had a "Trash-80" as a kid so I couldn't pass up picking it up. They had a couple of disks and a manual for a disk drive ... but, unfortunately, no disk drive.

post-31049-0-56891300-1385529806_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I agree. You can have my 3DO when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

I hold a more pessimistic view of the system, but will concede that it's the best of the multimedia machines released in the early 1990s. You can't totally hate a system with a picture-perfect conversion of Super Street Fighter II Turbo. Also, it feels like it's a more advanced system than its rival the Jaguar, which coasted on ports of lackluster 16-bit games. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story? Come the hell on.

So, I've heard great things about the Commodore 64 monitor. Are the monitors designed for the Amiga (1084, et al) just as good?

• Like 1

Good Will bumped up their prices on used consoles. They have a Genesis model 1 (with game,but no controller or any cables or power) for $60. They increased the price of Playstation ones to $29 each. They have five without power cords. Controllers have been increased to $10 each and do no come with their console. There is a classic XBox for $39 without controller, power cable or av.

It figures that Good Will would price gouge their crappy electronics just in time for the holidays. Any cartridge is still just $5.99. Just GBA and GB games sitting there.

Value Village actually yielded some decent old school goodies at good prices. After being severely overpriced in their display cases, I went yesterday and everything was in the regular electronics area and bagged up in multiples of 3 for $3.99 or $4.99 each.

There was a whole shelf of loose vic-20 stuff, probably 30-35 carts. I grabbed the ones that looked interesting. If anyone knows about any of it let me know.

post-2493-0-22214800-1385927644_thumb.jpg

post-2493-0-98937800-1385927662_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Went to the "Computers for Kids" indoor yardsale for the first time in probably a year. Spent $10, the C64 works great and came with the power supply. Haven't tested the trackball but there's no switch so I'm assuming it works in a digital joystick mode only.

EDIT - not sure why the picture came out upside down. It's fine on my laptop.

post-2493-0-40156900-1386433525_thumb.jpg

Edited by AtariLeaf

Flea market pickups from yesterday and today.

Got the two SMS pads, the NES pad and the SMS II power supply all for 10 Euro. The controllers needed a lot of cleaning, though, and I need to fix the cables on two of them. Still a decent find at that price.

Xenon 2 Megablast for SMS is CIB and in really good shape. 3 Euro.

Spindizzy Worlds and Amerzone were 5 Euro together. Both in really good shape. Amerzone is a 1st person point & click adventure by Benoit Sokol - maker of the superawersome Syberia adventures. This one is definetly worth playing as well. I recommend it to anyone who likes creative environments and not-too-hard puzzle solving. A great story.

Now, finally, the controller on the top left is for NES. I found this for only a Euro. It's a beast! Very robust, but the stick needs serious power to move. If anyone ever gets the idea to build an arcade machine with an NES in it - this is your stick of choice. Heavy duty.

post-34656-0-59850900-1386510154_thumb.jpg