IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Turbo for the INTV! Almost complete no controller overlays! Thin Ice is a dupe so if anyone needs it let me know I will trade for an INTV game I dont have. Gotta love small town thrift stores!

Nice find! Turbo is a rare game (although the gameplay sucks IMHO). Keep it for it's rarity and play the others!

I got a 5200 power supply, and 2 5200 controllers from Goodwill Seattle via eBay. I just needed the PS, and I won pretty cheap. I was fooling around with the controllers last night, and they are totally rebuilt with Revision 9 Flex cables! The button have 3 carbon dots on them. The boot is different, and almost self centers the controllers.

Well, I found a sack of goodies for $40. Colecovision with what appears to be everything I need, and some of those wireless nes controllers. There was an NES sack next to this one, I wonder why those didn't go into it instead.

I've never had a colecovision before. I thrifted an Adam way back when I was a teenager--tried to play it once and failed. I'm pretty sure the parents donated it to another thrift shop. I'd been halfway looking for a console for a couple years, but they seemed to go for more than I wanted to spend on the ebay (for some reason).

Well, I guess I'll have to try this one out tonight.

0s6p.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 8

Good lord 40$ for the whole set up plus the expansion module? Nice deal.Looks to be in good shape too!

Turns out it wasn't quite as awesome of a deal, the power supply is totally dead on all pins, so no coleco for me tonight :(

At least it's an easy fix, but not exactly a cheap one.

Edited by Reaperman

Turns out it wasn't quite as awesome of a deal, the power supply is totally dead on all pins, so no coleco for me tonight :(

D'oh! Well, even if you have to spend 25-30 bucks for a new power supply, I still think you got a good deal. Complete and clean these are like 100 minimum on ebay it seems....I know since I've been looking the last two months for my own xmas present.

• Like 2

I would buy a Canadian power supply. They are far more reliable than the American version. Another option is that Yurkie (from atariage) has started doing modification's to add an internal power supply. (He has a thread on the marketplace forum)

• Like 1

Not thrift finds, but i bought a bunch of N-Gage games:

The Sims: Bustin Out

Call of Duty

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Jungle Storm

Worms World Party

And in the mail Tomb Raider.

It's a fun little system i bought back in october and i really like it. Love the Asphalt series, that i still need to find original.

Funny thing is for this system, it's easier to buy sealed games then unsealed games for the system. Somebody must have made a minor miscalculation when ordering these games new back in the day.

Got some unexpected finds today at Savers. Mixed in with the DVDs was a sealed copy of Veigues Tactical Gladiator for the TurboGrafx-16 for $6.99. As soon as I found that I went straight to the electronics section to see if the console was there, but there was none to be seen.
post-31618-0-10348400-1387844113_thumb.jpg
While I was there, though, I found a sealed HPI Stealth controller for the Nuon for $4.99. I looked at the DVD players to see if a Nuon was sitting around, but no luck there either. After looking around some more I found a sealed HPI Warrior controller in the kitchen section, also for $4.99.

post-31618-0-50526000-1387844120_thumb.jpg

I've never come across any Nuon or TurboGrafx-16 things in the wild, and I just walked away with a bunch of sealed stuff after going into Savers on a whim before going to the grocery store. Pretty good day.

• Like 7

My friend texted me today at 11:30am and asked me if I wanted to go to the flea market. Usually I go earlier and won't go to the flea market after 11:00am, but I figured why not? and said I'd join him. We got there around 12:30pm (which is usually when I'd be leaving) and started browsing. I expected a lot of the good stuff have been already sold or packed up for the day, but I found a couple sweet little bits.
post-31618-0-17706800-1388274425_thumb.jpg
I got a boxed Okimate 10 printer and a Tomy Tutor 16-bit computer from one guy for a total of $25 (talked down from $40). The printer had the Commodore Plug 'n' Print package (usually sold separately) in the box which is good, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

I also got a Gamecube power supply for $3 and a really grimy Laserdisc for free. All in all a very good day.

• Like 1

My fiancée went shopping at an antique mall today, and called me while she was there. A few vendors had video game stuff, but most of it was wildly overpriced. One guy had a Fairchild Channel F in box for $200 -- not sure if that included the games that were displayed with it -- and an Atari 2600 Jr. in box, also for $200. I'd like a Channel F someday, but not at that price, and not without a solid return policy!

The Genesis games weren't too pricy, though, and she picked up a CIB Incredible Hulk for $5. Maybe I should've had her jump on a couple of other CIBs that were there for $8, but I don't really want to spent eight bucks on Incredible Crash Dummies, and I'm not sure if the other interesting game (Insector X) was CIB or just boxed.

Looks like I'm going 2013 out with a bang.

Recently a friend of mine came over and i showed him my collection. He immediately fell in love with the Vectrex. Within a week he bought a Vectrex himself. He's a pc/ipad gamer and wasn't collecting.

Last week he had his birthday and asked for a game for the Vectrex. Since it isn't easy to find games cheap, i went to search for a bundle of games, so i could expand my collection also.

I found an ad on a Dutch website from a guy offering 12 loose Vectrex games. People where bidding on it but with increments of 1 euro. When i found the ad the highest bid was 42 euro. I offered 55 euro, still a nice deal i think. First Christmas day the guy replayed, that he was ok with my offer. I mailed him to get the games mailed over and to get info about transferring the money. After i had payed him, i got a message from him that he had found some overlays and would send them to me. Yeah, a sweat deal even gets better.

So today I got the games delivered and to my surprise, only one game didn't have the overlay. 3 Overlays where a bit damaged, but hey, you can't complain when you get them for free.

So this is what i got:

Space War + overlay

Cosmic Chasm + overlay

Webwarp + overlay

Solar Quest + overlay

Clean Sweep + overlay

Armor Attack + overlay

Flipper Pinball + overlay

Fortress of Narzod + overlay

Star Ship + overlay

Scramble + overlay

Berzerk + overlay

Starhawk

Going to give Berzerk to my friend, and if he doesn't have it Starhawk and Scramble. The other game go to my collection.

post-5654-0-64881200-1388501220_thumb.jpg

Edited by Seob
  • Like 5

Closing out 2013...

CIMG4952_zps0c82c91d.jpg

These were $5 each at Salvation Army. Looked around for the Ar tonelico book but to no avail.

CIMG4947_zps537eea98.jpg

Budokai 3 is disc only and was $1 and Soul Calibur II is still sealed and was $5 at an Out of the Closet thrift store.

CIMG4948_zpsd9f8e73e.jpg

$5.99 each at Goodwill.

CIMG4946_zps24d5d1fa.jpg

The Apple Newton 110 is complete as far as i can tell. $20 from a random thrift.

• Like 3

If you remember awhile I said I was gonna post what I have gotten this year so here it is!

The Neo Geo Pocket color was $27 with Sonic Pocket Adventure

The PSP 2000 was $10,

the Wonderswan color was $25

the Game.com was $7

both R-zones were $13 a piece with Star Wars Jedi Adventure

The Astrocade games were SEALED and only $6 a piece

Pokemon Black was $3

Kirby Super Star Ultra was $5

NBA 2K1 was $1

Tom Clancey and Ultimate Fighting Championships was free

The 3DO games was free

The PS2 games were from $1 to $3 except for We Love Katamari which was $5