IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Found this small box of cards intermingled with a bunch of sports cards in a bargain bin. The 1977 Star Wars cards look like complete sets of Series 4 and 5 (with all 11 stickers) and the 1978 Close Encounters cards look complete as well.

All for $1.

post-31049-0-02316700-1395165143_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Got my two homebrew Atariage games in the mail - Frenzy for the 7800 complete in box (with a fridge magnet!) and Fall Down which is a very simple but addicting little game. Great as a two player but the AI is very good too.

Also found a bare NES deck for $5.99 at Value Village and especially cool was this little Tiger Marble Madness handheld. Best of all, it was made "back in '89" :D

homebrewfrenzyfalldownnesmarblemadness_z

• Like 6

Found this small box of cards intermingled with a bunch of sports cards in a bargain bin. The 1977 Star Wars cards look like complete sets of Series 4 and 5 (with all 11 stickers) and the 1978 Close Encounters cards look complete as well.

All for $1.

attachicon.gifIMG_1202.JPG

Those are great! I still have all my Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica cards from elementary school, but I don't have any complete sets. I don't remember for sure, but I never ate lunch, so I probably traded hot lunch tickets for them like I did for everything else. I'm sure my incomplete sets cost my mom a lot more than $1! :(

• Like 1

All for $1.

attachicon.gifIMG_1202.JPG

I have one pack of Star Wars cards from 1976, never opened. The gum stick is still inside as well. Need to ebay it.

Those are great! I still have all my Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica cards from elementary school, but I don't have any complete sets. I don't remember for sure, but I never ate lunch, so I probably traded hot lunch tickets for them like I did for everything else. I'm sure my incomplete sets cost my mom a lot more than $1! :(

My mom had to bribe me with baseball cards to go to swimming practice as a kid. Trust me, those cards aren't worth as much as she paid for them then either. Finding these was a bit of karma :-D.

Got my two homebrew Atariage games in the mail - Frenzy for the 7800 complete in box (with a fridge magnet!) and Fall Down which is a very simple but addicting little game. Great as a two player but the AI is very good too.
Also found a bare NES deck for $5.99 at Value Village and especially cool was this little Tiger Marble Madness handheld. Best of all, it was made "back in '89" :D
homebrewfrenzyfalldownnesmarblemadness_z

Wow, Your value village has great prices. If the Value Village in Regina had a NES they would likely want 50 dollars for it. They have gamecubes there all the time missing the controllers and cords and they want 30 a piece.

• Like 1

Wow, Your value village has great prices. If the Value Village in Regina had a NES they would likely want 50 dollars for it. They have gamecubes there all the time missing the controllers and cords and they want 30 a piece.

Well this was definitely an anomaly. They normally do want the prices you mentioned and in fact they did have PS1's and bare gamecubes in the $15 and $20 range but this bare NES somehow slipped by their defenses.

You know that late '70s sci-fi epic with the awesome soundtrack that forever changed the way we look at space opera? Yesterday I found the soundtrack on vinyl!

post-6115-0-36666000-1395617925_thumb.jpg

Pity it's a promo cut-out, but it's also virgin vinyl. I'm debating whether I want to play it, though I probably will. No point in trying to preserve shrink-wrap already torn, and shrink-wrap isn't good for vinyl anyway.

I also found another soundtrack from a popular actor's motion picture debut.

post-6115-0-07996400-1395618030_thumb.jpg

Oh, and I acquired these trinkets.

post-6115-0-06675100-1395618072_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Hey folks its been quite awhile since I posted here!

Nothing major but I did find some stuff on my Vacation last week in San Diego!

The ATgames Sega was 25 bucks NIB at the local Swapmeet, the rest was 3 and under and the Gurumin is still sealed!

The Atarimax cart I don't know how to get games on it I think I need some sort of cart loader as there is no USB or SD cart port for this one. Anyone have more information on it please school me!
SDLEWT_zpsd92342f8.jpg

• Like 4

The Atarimax cart I don't know how to get games on it I think I need some sort of cart loader as there is no USB or SD cart port for this one. Anyone have more information on it please school me!

You need a cartridge programmer, a special cartridge whose purpose is to connect an Atarimax flash cartridge to your computer. More info and the ability to buy this and other flash cartridges can be found here. Since that's an 8Mb cartridge, it can hold a lot of stuff, or you can load a big game like the Atari XL version of Space Harrier.

Crazy to see Atarimax stuff at a thrift store... makes you wonder what happened to the owner? I can't imagine an 8-bit fan just donating that kind of cart. :( A great find, though.

You need a cartridge programmer, a special cartridge whose purpose is to connect an Atarimax flash cartridge to your computer. More info and the ability to buy this and other flash cartridges can be found here. Since that's an 8Mb cartridge, it can hold a lot of stuff, or you can load a big game like the Atari XL version of Space Harrier.