IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Hey folks its been quite awhile since I posted here!

Nothing major but I did find some stuff on my Vacation last week in San Diego!

The ATgames Sega was 25 bucks NIB at the local Swapmeet, the rest was 3 and under and the Gurumin is still sealed!

The Atarimax cart I don't know how to get games on it I think I need some sort of cart loader as there is no USB or SD cart port for this one. Anyone have more information on it please school me!

SDLEWT_zpsd92342f8.jpg

Three dollars for Gauntlet IV? Man, I would have been all over that. Great conversion, AWESOME music.

Some good finds lately at Goodwill.....

Picked up a complete GoldenEye 007 for the Wii and a new and sealed Call of Duty: World at War. Each of them were $2.99

Also picked up a PS2 console, a 50001 fatty with the network adaptor for $12.99

And finally picked up a Jakks Pacific Pac-Man Retro Arcade. Its the one with the quality joystick and the light up coin slot. That was also $2.99 and is in excellent condition

Some good finds lately at Goodwill.....

Picked up a complete GoldenEye 007 for the Wii and a new and sealed Call of Duty: World at War. Each of them were $2.99

Also picked up a PS2 console, a 50001 fatty with the network adaptor for $12.99

And finally picked up a Jakks Pacific Pac-Man Retro Arcade. Its the one with the quality joystick and the light up coin slot. That was also $2.99 and is in excellent condition

Man, my mother-in-law was passed along that same Pac-Man Arcade to me from one of her co-workers a few months back. The kids and I absolutely love it. I'm extremely impressed with the quality of it....the light up coin slot is icing on the cake. I highly recommend it to anyone who may come across it.

Picked up a Commodore CDTV from the flea market for $15. Didn't come with the remote, so I had to order one from AmigaKit because I'm impatient and don't want to wait around on eBay for several months to find one at a cheaper price. Cost me $27 total just to get the goddamn remote shipped from the UK, but it's very nice. I think they're selling new old stock remotes because mine is pristine.

I didn't have any CD caddies when I bought the system, so I had to go out and look for one. I was almost going to drive thirty miles to check out a store I was told would have them (because there was no way in hell I was going to spend $11 on eBay for one), but as luck would have it I came across a disc drive at Savers which had a caddy in it, so I bought that instead. Cost $6 and I even got a bonus disc drive out of it.

There's no copy protection so I torrented a huge ISO pack of games and programs. The game shown on the screen in the picture is Xenon 2 just because it was the most readily available ISO when I took the picture (downloaded it from theisozone.com while waiting for the massive torrent to complete). The game actually has some

, though (anything that samples John Carpenter music is badass in my book). I'll probably play it one of these weekends.

Total costs to get this console up and running: $48 (with bonus CD drive for my old computer).

One of these babies just sold recently on eBay for $314, so I consider $48 a great deal even though it's more than I've ever spent on a system before.

Proprietary keyboard and mouse, though. I'll probably never get to use this thing like a computer with prices the way they are.

post-31618-0-43321800-1396030550_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Nice find on the cdtv. I have one also, i was lucky to get it with the keyboard, mouse, caddy and diskdrive. Last year i bought a special joystick board so i can use atari compatible joysticks now. Have to hunt that gamesdisk one day.

My recent finds:

Found a few Laserdiscs at a thrift shop for 2.50 each.
post-5654-0-94332700-1396202648_thumb.jpg

post-5654-0-06724800-1396202652_thumb.jpg

post-5654-0-96662700-1396202654_thumb.jpg

post-5654-0-80974000-1396202657_thumb.jpg

post-5654-0-05660000-1396202662_thumb.jpg

post-5654-0-85386600-1396202668_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately my player only supports Pal, so i cannot watch Universal Soldiers, Lion King and Patriot Games. I love the big artwork so maybe i'm going to frame these.

Nice thing about collecting laserdiscs is i now watching movies i otherwise wouldn't have watched. But since they are cheap i do buy them and watch them.

These CD-i games came from a trade i did with a other collector. He hooked me up with these games.

post-5654-0-72922400-1396202672_thumb.jpg

I found these three original xbox games at the same shop i found the laserdiscs. At 1.50 each i couldn't pass.

post-5654-0-16908200-1396202676_thumb.jpg

Yesterday i found these 2 games. Grand Prix i found at a thrift shop. It was only 80 euro cent. I almost passed on the game since it was in German. But when i watched the specs i noticed it was a Amiga game. Since this is the first time i come across a Amiga game in a thrift shop i had to buy it. TDU2 i bought at a gamestore. It was on heavy discount for only 7 euro's.

post-5654-0-23270600-1396202679_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Tomba, nice find.

Goodwill had a Pac-Man arcade cab, the marquee, the screen, and the guts are missing, $20. My dad might be interested in it, we'll see.

Different thrift had Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back Portfolio by Ralph McQuarrie. Looks pretty cool, but I wouldn't spend $50 on it =)

I seem to be finding a lot more than I'm buying, lately.

Am I the only one who prefers a couple of nice pictures and a list to an extremely poor-quality YouTube video? Is this just because I'm getting old?

You're right, man. I apologize for the quality. I'm trying to make improvements each time I make a new one. The next one will be better, I promise.

Am I the only one who prefers a couple of nice pictures and a list to an extremely poor-quality YouTube video? Is this just because I'm getting old?

If you are like me I skip over the post unless it has pics. Sometimes I briefly skim text post, but I don't watch videos or read much.

Nothing rare, but plenty of fun:

NES:

Dash Galaxy In the Alien Asylum

King's Knight

Sega Genesis:

Caesar's Palace (boxed)

Road Rash (boxed)

GameCube:

Star Wars: Rebel Strike - Rogue Squadron III

Star Wars: Rogue Leader - Rogue Squadron II

N64:

Banjo Kazooie

PS1:

Army Men: World War - Final Front

Atari Anniversary Edition Redox

Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes

Star Wars: Dark Forces

Star Wars: Demolition

Star Wars: Episode I - Jedi Power Battles

Twisted Metal 2

Found some Wii stuff at a yard sale, games were a buck each, got M&M's Kart Racing (yes, I actually get a kick out of kart racers, :P), Star Wars the Clone Wars: Republic Heroes , Rayman Raving Rabbids, and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World. There was also a 3DS case (I always pick up carry cases when I find them that cheap, regardless of system), a Wii controller case, this thing's kinda neat, foam padding molded for a Wiimote and Nunchuck, I'd thought I'd found everything for the Wii, whether I own it or not, but was proven wrong again today lol, and a Disney Infinity (I think?) 360 controller, there was a Street Fighter PS3 controller, I do not own a PS3 but was $5 and I can easily trade that to my Sony buds.

Stopped in GameStop to get my girl Disney Infinity, she really wants to play it, and I have to admit, the rumors of Star Wars characters, playsets and discs being in development makes me want to play with her, having another game to play together is also awesome, since she whips my ass at Super Mario 3, ha! But I also got some free posters, Dark Souls II, Infamous Second Son, South Park: The Stick of Truth, and the new Metal Gear, which I gave to my sis' guy. Dude even said call Monday he'd have more stuff.

Also found a random plushie Pac-Man at Target, sound and all, was a great day for me,

:P

Stopped in GameStop to get my girl Disney Infinity, she really wants to play it, and I have to admit, the rumors of Star Wars characters, playsets and discs being in development makes me want to play with her...

I die a little inside every time I see "Star Wars" and "Disney" together in the same sentence.

Yeah ... cause Lucas did great with the prequels :P. Disney will not fail us ...

Han shot first!

Well, Disney hasn't f-cked up Marvel up yet.....

Actually, in all seriousness, Disney doesn't muddle in the day to day affairs of the companies that they own, unlike other companies (EA, I'm looking at you!). They just pump in the money, assist with their direction and projects, and get rich off it. It's a pretty good strategy. :)