IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

The biggest haul that I've gotten in a while on a Craiglist deal with BOXES of Amiga stuff. Around 50 boxed games (including a few sealed such as Leisure Suit Larry and Rings of Medusa) with winners such as Ultima V, Might and Magic II and many more. Also included 3 Amiga 2000's (says that the batteries are dead on the motherboards and need replaced), at least 4 keyboards, a 1080 monitor, hundreds of backup disks, magazines, books and many many accessories/upgrades. I'm going to busy for many nights just going through all of this.

$300 + a 1 hour drive!

post-31049-0-72457000-1397755059_thumb.jpg post-31049-0-66689600-1397755093_thumb.jpg post-31049-0-34930100-1397755082_thumb.jpg post-31049-0-66826800-1397755126_thumb.jpg post-31049-0-91609700-1397755136_thumb.jpg post-31049-0-80988400-1397755149_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Just picked up a TON of games!

Harvest Moon 3D
Crimson Skies
Breakdown
The Chronicals of Narnia
Darkwatch
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars Obi-Wan
Halo: Platinum Hits
Halo 2
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Gungriffon Blaze
Front Mission 4
Call of Duty Legacy (2 game pack)
Spyhunter
Red Faction II
ToCA Race Driver 3
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Cabela's Alaskan Adventures
Mork Davis Pro Bass Challenge
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Star Wars Bounty Hunter
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battlenexus
Shinobi
Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End
Armored Core 2
Onimusha: Down of Dreams
Battle Engine Aquila
Fight Night Round 3
Madden 08
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars The Force Unleashed
Warriors Orichi
Samurai Warriors
Samurai Warriors 2
Red Dead Revolver
Drakenguard
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
The Mark of Kri
Dynasty Warriors 4
I forgot to take a picture and I don't want to pull them back off my shelf (put them with my whole collection) but I did get a video of them all.
  • Like 1

Scored a free ColecoVision complete in box. Totally non-working.

Got it fully working after 5 days.

Used deox to clean all the contacts and the switch. ReAdjusted the potentiometer to restore the video out. The power brick was dead so I replaced it with a PC power supply.

No mods to the console itself were required. Cleaned up the console and controllers with a toothbrush. Looks and plays almost like new. (The controllers switches are very sticky). Works great with genesis controllers.

Edited by dashv
  • Like 5

Free???

Yep, free.

I was shocked.

I offered the shop owner money both before and after I got it working.

He refused to accept anything for it.

He was impressed I got it running. I guess he has a local guy that repairs dead consoles that declared it unfixable.

The board was corroded pretty bad. I'm sure it looked like a lost cause. I cleaned the entire board with deox and a toothbrush.

I regularly spend between $20 a $100 a month in his store. So we have a pretty good relationship now.

• Like 2

deox? what is that?

I guess he was afraid, with all the corrosion, that it will just blow-up in a week, and THEN you would be mad at him.

This is deox. Some call it deoxit but that's just a particular brand.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=deoxit&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=31463436057&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8090869484349083458&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_9b0esdpjsu_e

Deoxidizer. Cleans up corrosion.

To be used carefully! I know some folks that clean boards with a wire brush but that's to harsh in my opinion. A well worn toothbrush is great at getting grit, grime, and corrosion out of nooks and crannys without scratching it to hell in the process.

Yeah. It's definitely fragile. The corrosion was pretty bad. oddly enough the caps seem to be fine. I say oddly because it looks like this thing hadn't been stored in a very good place. So I'm surprised the caps didn't leak and go dead.

I didn't expect to get it working but the damage looked worse than it was.

Edited by dashv
  • Like 3

WWF Wrestlemania Challenge - NES (free from a buddy)

And A Buy 2 get 1 free deal at Vintage Stock:

Warhammer 40k: Fire Warrior - PS2 (CIB)

Sword of Vermilion - Genesis (loose)

Darkstone - PS1 (no manual)

Paid $18 for all three.. Not a fantastic deal, but 3 titles I really wanted, so Im happy with the purchase.

post-33288-0-44475000-1398096077_thumb.jpg

post-33288-0-64919300-1398096084_thumb.jpg

This is deox. Some call it deoxit but that's just a particular brand.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=deoxit&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=31463436057&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8090869484349083458&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_9b0esdpjsu_e

Deoxidizer. Cleans up corrosion.

To be used carefully! I know some folks that clean boards with a wire brush but that's to harsh in my opinion. A well worn toothbrush is great at getting grit, grime, and corrosion out of nooks and crannys without scratching it to hell in the process.

Yeah. It's definitely fragile. The corrosion was pretty bad. oddly enough the caps seem to be fine. I say oddly because it looks like this thing hadn't been stored in a very good place. So I'm surprised the caps didn't leak and go dead.

I didn't expect to get it working but the damage looked worse than it was.

I need to get a can of this. I have an XEGS with a couple of unresponsive pause and select buttons and I want to try this before replacing anything.