IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Holy cow, you're not kidding. I just now looked that up. Even bare discs are going for a healthy amount.

The funny thing is I didn't buy this set for the game; I bought it for the Game Boy Player. I didn't find the game until after I got everything home and looked inside.

I have one with case and cover art but missing manual, as well as a disc only. So I'm sitting good haha. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the game is expensive not only because it's a desirable game, but because MLG (Major League Gaming) stuck with Melee for professional play instead of Brawl. Sorry if this confuses you lol.

Picked up a classic Xbox with no power cord, av or controllers. It did have a DVD remote though. I'll have yo dig around for a power and av cable. Maybe it will have xbmc on it.

Does it have the DVD dongle as well? The remote won't be of much use without it. It so happens I have an extra dongle in need of a remote.

Fortunately XBox accessories are quite common and usually quite cheap. If you want to save some shopping time, though, I have power cords and controllers, and maybe a spare A/V cable. PM me if you're interested.

Haven't had an actual Atari-related find at Goodwill in what seems like forever, but I was able to score all this for $25

Vader 2600 console

3 Atari-Brand joysticks

1 Wico Black Max joystick

power supply

Vanguard

Asteroids

Yars Revenge (Sears label)

Kaboom

Tennis

Ice Hockey

Combat (times 2)

Fantastic Voyage

Turmoil

Space Cavern

not too shabby.

also picked up a working Sony Google TV unit, NSZ-GT1 and power supply (no remote sadly) for $9.99

What's the variation between Sears and normal labels?

They say "Sears" instead of "Atari," and they use a different font for the game title. Several games were also released with different titles. Three games were only released as Sears cartridges.

You can see an example of a Sears picture label here, and of a Sears text label here.

I don't wanna retype all this, so I'm gonna cross-post, :P

I've had very dry seasons last few years, few games or controllers year after year, when a boxed GBC for $20 is the highlight of 2013, yeah, :P

But today I found a HUGE lot at a yard sale, hardly any dupes at all, and not just games, a small handful of collectibles, too. I'm assuming this was a collection he was selling, I offered him $100, expecting some resistance or haggling, but he accepted, saying that the sale had been going all day and no one did more than glance at the table with the goodies on it.

I'm working on getting pictures of all of it, but it's gonna take some time to put it all together, but I'll go ahead and list it all off, here goes:

SNES:

Boxed SNES Mini (Yoshi box)

Boxed controller

Beavis and Butt-Head (boxed)

Donkey Kong Country (boxed)

PTO (boxed)

Vegas Stakes (boxed)

Wheel of Fortune (boxed)

Hook (loose)

Mega Man X (loose)

Super Mario World (loose)

N64:

Boxed V3 Racing Wheel

Expansion Pak removal tool

South Park (boxed)

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Collector's Edition, boxed)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (boxed)

Banjo Kazooie (loose)

GameCube:

Boxed black console

Two loose black controllers

Memory card

Battalion Wars (complete)

Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix (boxed, with pad)

Little Nemo (complete)

Lord of the Rings: Two Towers (complete)

Need Foe Speed Underground 2 (complete)

Super Mario Sunshine (complete)

Super Monkey Ball 2 (completely)

Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (complete)

Wii:

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (complete)

Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire (complete)

Metroid: Other M (complete)

Super Mario All-Stars (complete with artbook/CD)

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (complete)

Legend of Zelda collectible tin

GBA:

Boxed Classic NES GBA SP

F-ZERO: Maximum Velocity (loose)

Final Round Golf 2002 (loose)

Fortress (loose)

Harry Potter (loose)

Iridion II (loose)

Iridion 3D (loose)

M&M's Blast (loose)

Pac-Man Collection (loose)

Monster's Inc. (loose)

Super Hornet F/A-18F (loose)

Tetris Worlds (loose)

Texas Hold 'Em Poker (loose)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (loose)

Tron 2.0: Killer App (loose)

DS:

Chrome red/black DS Lite with charger

DS carry case

DS Mario travel pouch

3DS:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (complete)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (complete)

3DS travel bag

PS2:

Boxed Chun Li control pad

DT Racer (complete)

Eragon (complete)

God of War 2 (complete)

Red Ninja: End of Honor (complete)

Sly 2: Band of Thieves (complete)

Game Gear:

Game Gear system (working)

Battery pack (working)

AC adapter

Magnefier

Desert Speedtrap (loose)

Road Rash (loose)

Sailor Moon S (loose)

Sonic Chaos (loose)

The Incredible Hulk (loose)

Desert Speedtrap manual

Sonic Chaos manual

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 manual

The Incredible Hulk manual

The Majors Pro Baseball manual

Two carry bags

Genesis:

Altered Beast (boxed)

Brutal Paws of Fury (boxed)

Primal Rage (boxed)

Caesar's Palace (boxed)

Boxed Sega Genesis ATGames 60-game version

Xbox 360:

Devil May Cry 4

HALO 3

HALO Reach Limited Edition

Mercenaries 2

SoulCaliber V Collector's Edition (with art book/soundtrack)

PC:

Star Trek Encyclopedia

Star Wars: Behind the Magic

Books:

Beyond the Nintendo Masters

Catherine art book (with soundtrack)

Hyrule Historia

The Art of Mortal Kombat

The Art of SoulCalibur II

Misc. Collectibles:

Batman Returns poster

Eternal Champions poster

Pac-Man and Sonic the Hedgehog pint glasses

Various Mario Bros. figurines

Various Sonic the Hedgehog figurines

Large Bowser figure

Large Yoshi figure

Pikachu, Mario, Link, and Pac-Man Ghosts (red and blue) plushies

Mario Kart Luigi E3 promo flag

• Like 8

I knew I got a great deal, especially since I only had a few games from the lot, but several people told me I overpaid!

;/

You did overpay but I'm in a good mood today so I'll be a good friend and pay you the $100 plus shipping for the lot. I'll eat the loss this time for you.

VROOM! VROOM!

Got this sweet classic car as an early graduation gift from my dad!(he's a classic car enthusiast)(Can you guess the car?.I will reveal the car,and more pics(aswell as my yearly videogame finds) when school is over(to make it more exciting)

post-31091-0-36682400-1399156883_thumb.jpg

post-31091-0-34752500-1399156889_thumb.jpg

Edited by xDragonWarrior

But today I found a HUGE lot at a yard sale, hardly any dupes at all, and not just games, a small handful of collectibles, too. I'm assuming this was a collection he was selling, I offered him $100, expecting some resistance or haggling, but he accepted, saying that the sale had been going all day and no one did more than glance at the table with the goodies on it.

Wow, I never would have dreamed of making an offer that low. This is why I don't haggle =|

My heart bleeds for those just starting to collect classic gaming, and no sarcasm intended. For instance, today i saw in a display case a ColecoVision Cosmic Avenger complete with the dirty box, top ripped off that looked like a steam roller passed over it. And all for $14.99, closer to $20 with tax. This was at Value Village where just 2 years ago the same game in box would go for $2.99 on the shelf. Like i said i feel sorry for those just starting out. It depends which side of the fence one is on IMO. These inflated prices are good for the folks selling off collections, but crap for the buyer. It used to be good for both sides :_( Then again maybe not good for sellers either, i think a lot less are willing to shell out the insane prices.

Edited by Rik

My heart bleeds for those just starting to collect classic gaming, and no sarcasm intended. For instance, today i saw in a display case a ColecoVision Cosmic Avenger complete with the dirty box, top ripped off that looked like a steam roller passed over it. And all for $14.99, closer to $20 with tax. This was at Value Village where just 2 years ago the same game in box would go for $2.99 on the shelf. Like i said i feel sorry for those just starting out. It depends which side of the fence one is on IMO. These inflated prices are good for the folks selling off collections, but crap for the buyer. It used to be good for both sides :_(

I remember the last time I paid retail for a video game...oh wait...I don't :P. Try Craigslist and avoid resellers and you can still find some good deals and avoid the inflated prices.

I remember the last time I paid retail for a video game...oh wait...I don't :P. Try Craigslist and avoid resellers and you can still find some good deals and avoid the inflated prices.

Good advice. For me, the higher prices don't affect me because I've pretty much completed my collections, and i am glad i did before the crazy prices came in.

Edited by Rik

Good advice. For me, the higher prices don't affect me because I've pretty much completed my collections, and i am glad i did before the crazy prices came in.

One of many reasons why I'm a gamer and not a collector (and stick with emulation) but it's a big one. :P