IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Sales today:

-$1 Need for Speed: Underground Rivals (PSP)

-50¢ MGA Centipede handheld

-$2 Frogger plug & play

-$1 GBA SP AGS-001 with Classic NES Series Pac-Man cartridge

-$1 Real Pool (PS2)

-$3 Original Nintendo DS

The screens on the GBA and DS are scratched to hell. The DS is in really rough shape, but everything on it seems to work. Both systems have liquid crystal problems (whatever the technical term is), but I guess the DS will be fine for personal use until it starts leaking or something. (I've been looking for a cheap DS since I broke my DS Lite I found at a sale a couple years ago trying to fix it.)

The Real Pool disc is pretty scratched. The manual had white specks on it and smells like hotel soap. I have nothing against pool games, but I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't by a Japanese developer - one featured on my site, Astroll.

post-19045-0-22767800-1403214614_thumb.jpg

post-19045-0-00735700-1403215408_thumb.jpg

post-19045-0-75413100-1403215582_thumb.jpg

post-19045-0-47815800-1403215860_thumb.jpg

Edited by CRV
  • Like 1

Scored a Commodore SuperPET model 9000 for $25. It was the last PET released and it's basically a 8032 on steroid with 96k RAM and a lot of built in programming stuff like basic, assembler, fortran, cobol, etc. It was described as not working right with garbage sometimes, and sometimes working. Sounded like chip creep issue to me and $25 is a frickin' steal for *any* PET system. If I can't make it work, I can always sell the mainboard, grab a PC board or Raspberry Pi, wire the original keyboard in, the monitor seems to be a composite type and should work as well, and run a PET emulator. :D

• Like 2

Been to a thriftshop yesterday, didn't pick up much. Only a boardgame and a dutch programming manual for the zx spectrum. They also had what i think a 486 pc, seeing it had a lcd screen mhz screen and no turbo button. It had a vga card and a soundcard and cdrom player, but i could open it to see the boards. They asked 25 euro for it, so i passed on it.

post-5654-0-57396200-1403420850_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the inverted picture, but it seems i can't take picture right with the ipad.

Edited by Seob
  • Like 1

RetroGaming fun!

a few more from TODAY's pictures. those previous pictures were taken yesterday

Pretty excited to find boxed O2 games in the wild in good condition. Also found an Intellivoice game I didn't have. All I need now is that Baseball game. I also couldn't pass up Super Mario World.

The O2 games were $6, the other two $5. Not a bad day

post-8713-0-62935100-1403815630_thumb.jpg

Edited by fred
  • Like 6

Went to a few thriftshops today, and found the following

Bioshock 2 including rapture artbook ps3

Battlefield bad company 2 ps3

Assassin's creed II ps3

Call of Duty world at war ps3

Need for speed carbon for gamecube

Beverly hills cop 1 and 2 and the inspector general movies for the cd-i.

Passed on a loose c64 with duskcover, 2 original xbox, 1 playstation and a broken ibm clicky ps/2 keyboard.

post-5654-0-06364200-1403819112_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Picked up a couple nice finds from Craigslist over the past couple days.

Yesterday I was looking around for my usual searches, not finding much of anything. When I searched for 'Intellivision', though, I hit the juicy stuff.
post-31618-0-12938900-1403904238_thumb.jpg
Six Intellivision consoles, two of them in box, and a boxed Intellivoice module. Haven't tested them yet, but I'll be happy if even half of them work without any trouble.
post-31618-0-64654900-1403904239_thumb.jpg
Also came with all these boxed games. I looked through several of them and they had their overlays, so I'm thinking most, if not all, of the games have at least the overlays. I guess the guy who was selling them has been cleaning out his 80 year old father's garage for him and neither of them wanted them anymore. They had an Intellivision when he was growing up, and his dad just bought every Intellivision he ever came across at garage sales for replacement parts and backups. Got all of it for $100.

I just got back today from picking up some Commodore 64 stuff.

The Commodore itself has a couple broken keys, but I've already got a nice working one, so I'm not really worried. I mainly wanted the peripherals. I've been wanting to get my hands on a Commodore floppy drive for a while now since I've got a bunch of 5.25" floppies I bought a while ago, and I just don't want to have to deal with cassette tapes anymore. The Koala pad doesn't have the stylus, but that's a pretty quick fix. I'm interested to see what the Power Pad has to offer. Also nice to have a couple more joysticks.
post-31618-0-10497300-1403904235_thumb.jpg

There was a box of software as well. Most of them are educational games for kids, but I'm still gonna check 'em out. A couple of them have some nifty keyboard overlays. Got everything for $40.

post-31618-0-60849300-1403904236_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Got a boxed 7800 (expansion port model) complete with about 7 or 8 loose carts (all common) in a trade with another local collector for a couple spare nes toaster decks and some game doubles. Worked out well for both of us. He's more of an NES guy and me, well. goes without saying ;)

Oh and my Pacmanplus multicart came in yesterday too. Have yet to try it. Rearranging the game room and preparing lots of stuff to sell so haven't had an opportunity to try it yet. Thanks to everyone involved in that BTW :)

Edited by AtariLeaf

post-6115-0-88438600-1404018695_thumb.jpg

A nice little collection from one of the local mom-and-pop thrifts. All four of the discs have scratches, and Tomb Raider in particular is rather beat up, but they all at least begin loading, and at fifty cents a pop I'm not going to complain.

• Like 1

I recently moved but am back online again, with ton of new pickups!

SNES:

Donkey Kong Country (boxed)

Mega Man X (loose)

Mortal Kombat II (boxed)

Super Double Dragon (loose)

Super Metroid (boxed)

Vegas Stakes (boxed)

Wheel of Fortune (boxed)

SNES mini with four controllers.

NES:

Super Mario Bros. 2, King's Knight, Yoshi, Dash Galaxy and the Alien Asylum and Yoshi's Cookie, all loose.

N64:

Army Men: Sarge's Heroes (boxed)

Hey You, Pikachu! (loose)

Pokemon Stadium (loose)

Star Wars: Battle for Naboo (boxed)

Star Wars: Episode I Racer (boxed)

Star Wars: Rogue Swuadron (boxed)

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (boxed)

Game guides for the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Mission: Impossible.

N64 system, fightpad controller, transfer pak, and two memory cards.

Sega Genesis:

Exo-Squad, Ms. Pac-Man, Rampart, Lemmings Tribes, Shanghai, Zoop, The Lost Vikings, Monopoly, Risk, Caesar's Palace, Championship Pool, and Jungle Strike, all boxed.

• Like 1

Went to a new game store today, their Atari games are 99 cents each. Not anything great but I did pick up:

Millipede

Jr. Pac Man

Space Attack

Taz

Also got a couple Gameboy games for $4.99 each, Super Mario Land 2 and Castelvania Adventure.

I'll have to check back at some point to see if they get anything new.

• Like 1

gamepics

I got the following games for three dollars a piece at a local thrift store.

Assassians Creed 3 Playstation 3

Battlefield 3 Playstation 3

Saints Row The Third Playstion 3

Halo 2 Xbox

Star Wars the clone wars/tetris worlds Xbox

LOTR Return of the King Xbox

Zapper Xbox

Sonic Adventure Battle 2 Gamecube

Spyro Hero Tale Gamecube

Ultimate Spiderman Gamecube

Crash Wrath of the Cortex Gamecube

I don't own a playstation three but I figured my local game store should pay me more in credit than the cost of those three games. They had a tun (maybe one hundred) ps2 sports games.