IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Sounds like you need to book a charter flight to Saskatchewan ;)

See Brent in Dog River, he may have some extra NES games among his comic books and his mom's empty tree player. You may even get a rookie Darryl Sittler card thrown in.

• Like 2

My daughter found this NES-101 top loader w/dogbone controller at an antique store for $40. Not a smokin' hot deal but she called me and I told her to get it for me.

attachicon.gifNES101.jpg

Good to see you on Atariage again Prodos! I've been hoping to see you online again to thank you for encouraging me to do some controller mods. We had a PM conversation a few years ago, and I found some of your hand drawn schematics for the 7800 on the boards. Don't be a stranger!

Here are a few recent finds, besides for a few GameCube and PS2 games, I've picked up loads of records, but few actual games. I've seen a fair share, but I don't always buy what I see..

Picked up these gameboy games today, now I need to get a super gameboy so I can play them.. And a few laser disc movies last week, but I don't currently have a working LD player.

post-43-0-90993200-1411084673_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-75658100-1411084694_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-35350800-1411084715_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-81313500-1411084799_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-95985300-1411084960_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Got two pretty sweet finds today... a copy of Mario Kart Super Circuit for fifty cents (!!!) and a surprisingly handy Logitech USB headset. It took a long time for the drivers on the headset to install but there's a lot I like about it. There are buttons on the right earpiece that let me adjust volume on the fly and switch on and off the microphone. I'm not sure what system this was designed for, but it works just dandy with my laptop!

My daughter found this NES-101 top loader w/dogbone controller at an antique store for $40. Not a smokin' hot deal but she called me and I told her to get it for me.

I don't know what prices are like today, but when I bought my toploader off eBay, $60 was a great deal.

Third party AC adapter, no dogbone controllers, and the price was lower than others because it had RCA jacks coming out the side from the old video mod (which I upgraded to kill the "jailbars").

A few years later, I found two of the controllers at a yard sale, no price on them, the lady let me have them both for $1.

Only one of the albums came from a thrift store, but I still thought this would make for a neat picture.

post-6115-0-97127400-1411271349_thumb.jpg

These are vinyl records of the last two comedy albums to reach #1 on the Billboard Top 200. 51 years separates them.

As for video games, today I found this.

post-6115-0-72088000-1411271509_thumb.jpg

One whole dollar. Plus tax, of course.

• Like 1

Have some of the Goodwills stopped selling games in store completely now? Our local one doesn't even have a section anymore... not even old sports titles. No old PC games and DVD movies either. Just CDs and old video tapes. My guess is that it all goes to the auction site....

Yep... see my previous rant below. This seems to be pretty widespread practice.

I recently found out that my local goodwill has an agreement with "Abebooks.com". Basically, Abebooks installs a scanner in the back of goodwill and when new media (video games, books, movies, music, etc.) comes in, the goodwill employees scan each item. There is an indicator that tells the employee to put it on the Abebooks shelf or the standard goodwill shelf. Obviously, they are filtering out the items of value.

Then Abebooks periodically brings a truck to pick up all the abebooks item, which they then sell online and give goodwill a percentage of the profit.

You know if the NegCons or JogCons will work properly on a PC with an adapter? I've been dying for a dial controller- to the point where I've attempted to make my own, with mixed results- and it seems like the JogCon or an equivalent might do the trick.

Yes, but the right adapter can be hard to find. Some guy actually hooked up his neGcon through the appropriate adapter chain to play PS4 (PS3?) racers. Edited by Rex Dart