IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Lucked out at the local thrift store again:

1r83k6.jpg

One is a standard Cobra PS1&2 & Sega Saturn compatible light gun.

The other is the mother of all PS1&2 light guns.

The Super Cobra.

Auto reload, force feedback, guncon and justifier modes. This puppy works with EVERY PS1&2 light gun game ever released.

Both are super accurate once calibrated. The guns even have their own game independent calibration capabilities and the lights on the side of the gun light up when you fire them.

I got these together for...

$8 total in like new condition. :)

Edited by dashv
  • Like 2

I have one of the standard Cobra PS1/Saturn light guns, and they're great. Super Cobra sounds awesome, too.

I never knew they existed until I saw them in a bag on the shelf. This thift store is awesome. I can usually pick up 29 cent game informer mags and $5 (working) xbox consoles. :)

I bought a $13 36 inch CRT there several months ago specifically for light gun games. Was excited to see my NES zapper work perfectly but dissappointed my Konami and Nyko Justifiers didn't work too well.

Both Cobra's needed calibration but now they are insanely accurate! :)

What have I gotten myself into? I got a bit drunk the other day and bought twelve untested Odyssey2 consoles on eBay shipped for $150. I'll be happy if I can piece together three or four working consoles out of this and miraculously sell the rest of them for parts.

That sounds like fun!

If there's any Voice modules in there, let me know, as I need one!

What have I gotten myself into? I got a bit drunk the other day and bought twelve untested Odyssey2 consoles on eBay shipped for $150. I'll be happy if I can piece together three or four working consoles out of this and miraculously sell the rest of them for parts.

post-30739-0-49316800-1416537496_thumb.jpg

post-30739-0-44410600-1416537506.jpg

post-30739-0-38304100-1416537517_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

If you need any help nursing them back to health let me know. I'm on a roll with repairing old systems this year.

• Like 1

I never knew they existed until I saw them in a bag on the shelf. This thift store is awesome. I can usually pick up 29 cent game informer mags and $5 (working) xbox consoles. :)

I bought a $13 36 inch CRT there several months ago specifically for light gun games. Was excited to see my NES zapper work perfectly but dissappointed my Konami and Nyko Justifiers didn't work too well.

Both Cobra's needed calibration but now they are insanely accurate! :)

Aren't you in San Diego? Share the love man where is this magical mecca of actually finding stuff?!

I need a Xbox I'd double your investment with a 10$ purchase :D

Aren't you in San Diego? Share the love man where is this magical mecca of actually finding stuff?!

I need a Xbox I'd double your investment with a 10$ purchase :D

San Jose!

It's actually a place MagnaFarce pointed out to me. It's right down the road from where I live. Impossible for me to avoid the urge to stop in and see what's there! I'm there at least twice a week.

Picked up a Pokemon N64 with special edition controller, cables and a spare gray controller for $17

As I was walking out they had the translucent green system and controller with a spare controller for the same price and a stock system with a single controller for $12.

Couldn't resist, had to get all three!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You have got to be KIDDING me.

My reaction indeed. I almost wonder if he's trying to full a fast one. :P

Seriously, that AdventureVision alone (assuming it works) is worth AT LEAST $800 -- that's how much that a AA'er that I bought it for a couple years ago to ship down to Australia went. And it has 3 out of 4 games! :-o

If that was me, I'd feel so guilty about getting that lot for that price that I'd tell the guy "Look, this stuff is uncommon, so here's $500 for it." I'd still get the lot for half the price it was worth roughly, and be able to sleep at night! :P

You have got to be KIDDING me.

That's what I thought when I saw the ad and called them up asking about the price. They said everything was "$10 to $15". They didn't actually advertise any of the game systems by name so it was total luck finding it in a blurry picture, but I recognized that Adventure System immediately. I had the chance to play one at SC3 last year and it was love at first wobble.

Whoa, that's a massive, massive score. Very nice. And BTW nice run on Castelian too!

Thanks. That game gave me so much trouble growing up. If felt so good to get through it as quickly as I did. I actually captured a moment during one of my attempts when there was a glitch and 2 hexalons came at me from BOTH sides moving at about 5 times their regular speed!

Speechless. My personal "holy grail".

I didn't realize just how rare these things were. There were like 50,000 produced so it's surprising more of them aren't around. Take for instance the Otrona Attache computer also from that time period. Only about 10,000 of them were made and yet there's almost always one on eBay. I guess folks were more likely to throw out game systems than computers.

My reaction indeed. I almost wonder if he's trying to full a fast one. :P

Seriously, that AdventureVision alone (assuming it works) is worth AT LEAST $800 -- that's how much that a AA'er that I bought it for a couple years ago to ship down to Australia went. And it has 3 out of 4 games! :-o

If that was me, I'd feel so guilty about getting that lot for that price that I'd tell the guy "Look, this stuff is uncommon, so here's $500 for it." I'd still get the lot for half the price it was worth roughly, and be able to sleep at night! :P

I did feel a little guilty, but I did have to drive 3.5 hours in the heaviest rain we've had in awhile to get them. Only 2.5 hours coming back at least. Also, I didn't even attempt to negotiate. :)

• Like 1