IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Well found a few interesting items today:

A 1977 Ralph Bakshi The Hobbit (The Great Goblin) mask - it's in okay shape, I will post a pic later wearing it as this pic does not do it justice. $1

post-30739-0-49161700-1466308500_thumb.jpg

A 1982 The Dark Crystal Skeksis mask - unfortunately it is missing the nose and it is very delicate/falling apart but it is still cool. Also $1

post-30739-0-62277800-1466308549_thumb.jpgpost-30739-0-98043700-1466308565_thumb.jpg

A few cool board games - $1 each

post-30739-0-24507600-1466308607_thumb.jpgpost-30739-0-49050500-1466308623_thumb.jpg

Two 3.5 inch disk drives, 19 pin connectors. Apple drives? Mac maybe? I can't find out much information. $14 for both

post-30739-0-55153900-1466308697_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Macintosh did use 19 pin connector for external disk drive back in the day but those models aren't familiar. I didn't know anyone made 3rd party disk drive for Macs. I tried to search for one and something about LISA came up but it was a dead end (site deleted or something)

Macintosh did use 19 pin connector for external disk drive back in the day but those models aren't familiar. I didn't know anyone made 3rd party disk drive for Macs. I tried to search for one and something about LISA came up but it was a dead end (site deleted or something)

I'm having the same issue. The Super 5 came up with some Apple II 5.25 drives but that was about all.

Holding you to this! We are waiting!

Of course! I will definitely have on something underneath the mask as Asaki pointed out it may be a little less than sanitary - but hey, life is full of risks ... cough, cough .. ack ..

The Apple IIgs used 3rd party 3.5's. Applied Engineering made a very reliable one. Maybe it's for that?

A 27" Wega TV (m=made in 2006) that works. Cost: $4.99 plus about 1 hour of chiropractic. :skull: I knew people said Wega were heavy but I thought they were exaggerating. I've moved CRTs up to 32" and some high end computer monitors but damn, the Wega is in its own weight class! 27" was about at the limit of what I could lift solo. (probably helped a lot that I've lost about 50 pounds in the last few years so my max lift limit may have been a bit higher)

27FS170. 3 sets of input plus RF.

The same Salvation Army store also had 2 more Sony TVs: 32" flat CRT, not Wega, made in 2001 and a larger 4-feet projection TV, probably the older 3-CRT model by how fat it is. A DLP with expensive light bulb would be much thinner and lighter than the bulky 3-CRTs. I didn't test either of them.

I do have a problem. No place to put it. I never thought about where to set it since I've always wanted a decent sized Wega. I don't want to replace my 32" Vizio LCD, it works with everything but the 2600, and the only other one is a 13" Commodore monitor on top of my Commodore 128D. I don't think the metal box is rated for 120 pounds CRT. So it sits in my car for now. I am not sure if the Wega I got is DTV ready or if I'd need digital converter to use ATSC signal over the air.

If you think that 27" is heavy you should try and move the 32" version I used to have. Pretty sure it was 200 pounds! They are gorgeous though! I'd still have mine but 32" was just a bit too deep to fit well in the location I have for retro gaming.

A 27" Wega TV (m=made in 2006) that works. Cost: $4.99 plus about 1 hour of chiropractic. :skull: I knew people said Wega were heavy but I thought they were exaggerating. I've moved CRTs up to 32" and some high end computer monitors but damn, the Wega is in its own weight class! 27" was about at the limit of what I could lift solo. (probably helped a lot that I've lost about 50 pounds in the last few years so my max lift limit may have been a bit higher)

It's been a while, but landed myself a thrift find I'm pretty happy about!

Found this guy hanging out in the wild at my local thrift store.

$2.99 sealed!!!

Gex for 3DO!!!

Heh. That's the game which was inside my FZ-1 when I bought it at the flea market. Pretty decent game. It's no Space Pirates, though.