IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Finally came across a speak n spell today, electronic and chipmusicians loved sampling this around the turn of the decade and I've been looking for one since (and they used to be all over thrifts before I ever looked for them in the mid 2000s). I've never heard of Koudelka but apparently it's a nice jrpg, despite the case falling apart it had all 4 discs.

D9Ct_LQXoAIbHdt.jpg

• Like 1

Finally came across a speak n spell today, electronic and chipmusicians loved sampling this around the turn of the decade and I've been looking for one since (and they used to be all over thrifts before I ever looked for them in the mid 2000s). I've never heard of Koudelka but apparently it's a nice jrpg, despite the case falling apart it had all 4 discs.

D9Ct_LQXoAIbHdt.jpg

https://rrrecs.bandcamp.com/track/pleasure-machine

Don't listen at work as it's NSFW but it uses the Speak & Spell voice. lol

That’s awesome! My younger brother had the US Voltron one. Never seen that one.

That was the one my friend from Japan had. Awesome.

I had only seen the original Popy Beast King Golion online before, not in person, just the US matchbox release which is a little different. I got it cheap enough I was comfortable paying up for the blazing sword and shield for it from one guy who gave me a bundle value for it so I'll have that all decked out within sometime next week! I decided not to shelve it as it means to much to me so for now it sits in front of me to the left on my desk next to a Can Full of Monsters, LionO with Snarf and a limited translucent with sparkles Gigan from like 15-20 years ago among other things as I do enjoy grabbing vintage toys more than games it seems these days. :D

The lady called me back. She had talked to her son, who mentioned people he worked with might be interested in the same bits that I was. That would have meant boxing everything up and driving it to Austin, which she didn't really want to do, but at the same time she wanted to get a price her son would approve of. (Suddenly I wonder if I was competing against a certain AtariAger for this stuff...) I upped my offer to a point she was comfortable with, and we struck a deal. So now I have all this taking up space and asking what I'm going to do with it...

post-6115-0-04454600-1560569759_thumb.jpg

Two Intellivisions! Neither one with a power cord. Nope, not even the one with a built-in power cord! :)

This is also my first Intellivision II.

post-6115-0-35962800-1560570213_thumb.jpg

I have all the games already, but I believe some of the manuals and overlays will fill holes in my collection. And hey, now I can see what Donkey Kong looks like on the Inty II!

... What?

post-6115-0-35429500-1560570800_thumb.jpg

A complete Sega Master System bundle (I forgot to include the A/V cable in the picture)! And...

post-6115-0-39923700-1560571010_thumb.jpg

Again, I think I have all the cartridges and probably all the boxes, but there might be a manual or two I didn't yet have. But now I'm also pondering whether to start a duplicate SMS game collection for shows and such, like I have for several other systems. Sigh...

Now the big reason(s) why I wanted this set: the Commodore 64 collection!

post-6115-0-12696400-1560571373_thumb.jpg

There wasn't a whole lot of software to be had, but there were some nice bits among what was there. I actually didn't yet own Spy Hunter, and my first disk of Sierra Frogger went bad, so hopefully these will work!

post-6115-0-39561700-1560571504_thumb.jpg

One of two boxed 1541 drives. One of them is the usual 1541 design, but the other...

post-6115-0-17404300-1560571649_thumb.jpg

Now this is vintage!

There was some other hardware in the mix, including a 1530 Datasette and some joysticks, both for the Commodore and for PC's. Wouldn't you know it, though, there wasn't any actual Commodore 64 to be found! Even so...

post-6115-0-43969100-1560571789_thumb.jpg

...I'm not complaining!

While I'm very happy that I got to buy the bundle, I can't help but feel a little sad about the reason why. I can tell this isn't an easy process for her, but I think she was happy to hear I plan on keeping a lot of it, especially when I started talking about how I take stuff to shows like the Houston Arcade Expo. She's going to have her hands full dealing with an estate salesman in the coming weeks, so hopefully I made selling at least some of her husband's things a little easier on her. And I do plan on putting this monitor to good use!

• Like 5

So yesterday I went to the flea market and it turned out surprisingly well.  This happened.  I'll be transparent for fun here.  The 2 PSP games were $20, the wrestlers with their accessories (from 1990) were $15,  the buckle+tg set were $5, the DVD was $1 and not worn, $10 for the controller+memory pak, and $20 for the SNES Advantage in better shape than mine with the cardboard insert.  The worst for wear is the TG16, the clear plastic are funky and ninja spirit is missing the game, china warrior no manual, the other complete.  First time I've seen TG16 affordable since like 15 years back or so, shame I have a core grafx so they can't be used so they'll be trade bait.

flea6-15.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

So yesterday I went to the flea market and it turned out surprisingly well.  This happened.  I'll be transparent for fun here.  The 2 PSP games were $20, the wrestlers with their accessories (from 1990) were $15,  the buckle+tg set were $5, the DVD was $1 and not worn, $10 for the controller+memory pak, and $20 for the SNES Advantage in better shape than mine with the cardboard insert.  The worst for wear is the TG16, the clear plastic are funky and ninja spirit is missing the game, china warrior no manual, the other complete.  First time I've seen TG16 affordable since like 15 years back or so, shame I have a core grafx so they can't be used so they'll be trade bait.

flea6-15.jpg

What's the HuCard with the golden label? I can't read the title.

2 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

What's the HuCard with the golden label? I can't read the title.

That's China Warrior, it has the correct spine sticker/back case for it too.  Basically Side Arms was complete, the other two were missing one thing (manual, game) respectively.  I need to figure out that n64 controller too, that's not jungle green.  I saw someone wrote lime green online, but I don't recall what that would have come in as there wasn't a lime system.

Went to some garage sales this weekend and mostly struck out.  Later in the day, asked if they had any video games, and she said no but she had some boxes for Sega Genesis that she'd sell for $10 and asked me if I'd be interested.  I said sure, thinking that maybe I could pair some loose games with some boxes.  She went into the garage and pointed up to the console boxes below.  I said, "I'll take them!".  They all have the Styrofoam/cardboard inserts and are in great condition!

IMG_1948.thumb.JPG.8d6910bbe652f0ac98cc9fcfde4c96ec.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Fushek said:

Went to some garage sales this weekend and mostly struck out.  Later in the day, asked if they had any video games, and she said no but she had some boxes for Sega Genesis that she'd sell for $10 and asked me if I'd be interested.  I said sure, thinking that maybe I could pair some loose games with some boxes.  She went into the garage and pointed up to the console boxes below.  I said, "I'll take them!".  They all have the Styrofoam/cardboard inserts and are in great condition!

IMG_1948.thumb.JPG.8d6910bbe652f0ac98cc9fcfde4c96ec.JPG

That's an amazing score, i'm a sega guy and this stuff is classic - especially considering I have a sega cd model one.  If you want to trade the genesis or sega cd box let me know.  I have a lot of spare gaming consoles (spanning all generations) and 2600/inty loose carts as trade bait.  Shipping might be a hassle, but i am in southwest ohio.

Edited by Jeremy Popp

I don't get to do yard sales/thrift stores much anymore but on my way home today from the hardware store I was able to snag this for $10. Looks unused. I'm not really an NES player or collector but the kids should enjoy this for $10 … except I don't have any NES carts LOL!!! oh well. Baby steps, right?

retron 1.JPG

retron 2.JPG

14 minutes ago, Grig said:

I don't get to do yard sales/thrift stores much anymore but on my way home today from the hardware store I was able to snag this for $10. Looks unused. I'm not really an NES player or collector but the kids should enjoy this for $10 … except I don't have any NES carts LOL!!! oh well. Baby steps, right?

retron 1.JPG

retron 2.JPG

Wow that box is dirty as hell... looks 30 years old... as for the console itself...

Judging by the AV out, this one might be a NOAC (NES On A Chip) based console.

I've always had a real NES since that's the console I had back in the day so I never had the need to get a clone console.

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 1

With the weather as it was the community yard sales next door to me oddly this week both folded, so I went roaming for a couple hours.  CTR is excellent $15 at HBP but I wanted it.  The rest were thrift pick ups and I'm beyond thrilled really as the PC games were all of $1.50/ea and MM6 has never been used, complete, game still in its original sealed state, and those Smurfs are 1969-1980 range and were $10.  Pretty happy about the whole situation, but now I have to decide do I crack open M&M or not as it's on GoG as it is, but this is a rare edition of the that came with a quality cloth map and the other stuff you see there and has all MM1-6 in the package too.

I may poke around a bit more tomorrow, not sure yet as this kind of really set the bar fairly high in my book.

thrift6-22.jpg

MM6LEComplete.jpg

Today's finds--jackpot.

Found this at a thrift store.

The GC was $25 while the Genesis games were $2 a pop. 

Sadly, the GC had a dead motherboard. Funny thing is, I found another GameCube a while back that couldn't read discs. So I took 'em both apart because there was a good chance the one with the dead motherboard had a good disc drive, so I put the disc drive from the one with the dead motherboard in the one that had a bad disc drive. Now the first one I found works! I guess there was an actual reason I bought the dead one.

15612585209131528058354.jpg

1561258617396-821879520.jpg

Edited by iliketurtles

20190622_215929.thumb.jpg.0f69d83d6936157dde726ccfb1fc9a60.jpg

Sim Copter is that game with that infamous Easter egg. Story Book Weaver was featured in an LGR video. P.O.W. Doesn't seem to work. I cleaned it with 91% rubbing alcohol. Going to try some brass polish next as the pins seem quite messed up. Pitfall II works (damn that ladder with the frog and the bats lol).

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 1

Did not expect to find this at the dump goodwill near my kids school and this is a day I'd normally never go in there even if it wasn't summer break.  Last thing I found there was 3-4mo ago a GBA SP too and not the best priced either.

This was $100, and yes I'm aware some of the old original games are discolored and the GBP and GBC have seen better days, especially the pocket.  But I see potential here for having fun doing some custom repairs on those older handhelds (the platinum SP is nice to leave as is.)  But those games, very nice pretty much, and only the pokemon games needed batteries (yellow didn't, but I did it anyway) and did that already.  This will kill my paypal for a little I do believe. ?

thrift6-23.jpg

• Like 2