IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

1 hour ago, 0078265317 said:

Came today.  All the 2600 games work geat.  And I already have defender 5200 so no big deal.  But 13 dollars and 50 cents for 6 games bot bad.

Hah, nothing quite like when I came home from Goodwill in 2005/2006 with a bag 30 2600 games priced at a quarter each. lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Hah, nothing quite like when I came home from Goodwill in 2005/2006 with a bag 30 2600 games priced at a quarter each. lol

I remember those days...

The best time I got to be Some Guy at Goodwill was when I got me a literal armful of NES games at two bucks each.  I saw a guy go wide-eyed as I walked away and immediately dive into the bin I'd been pulling them from.  I left a few, but not many. :)

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, FujiSkunk said:

I remember those days...

The best time I got to be Some Guy at Goodwill was when I got me a literal armful of NES games at two bucks each.  I saw a guy go wide-eyed as I walked away and immediately dive into the bin I'd been pulling them from.  I left a few, but not many. :)

NES games were $1 at my Goodwill. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to go to two thrift stores for the first time in months and besides unreasonably priced items ($200 5-year-old flatscreens and $30 VCRs), I did find a cool 25" Quasar TV from 1989 for $10. It's not in the house yet, but I'll post a picture when it is.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Magmavision2000 said:

I decided to go to two thrift stores for the first time in months and besides unreasonably priced items ($200 5-year-old flatscreens and $30 VCRs), I did find a cool 25" Quasar TV from 1989 for $10. It's not in the house yet, but I'll post a picture when it is.

After some sweat, and a little bit of blood, here it is:20200710_180512.thumb.jpg.8fc9e50a3b4338cc31137ee3e2f0f83a.jpg

That's the 3rd CRT in my room. and the 6th one (I think) in my house (they were under a dollar, how could I pass that up?). This is also my first Quasar.

Edited by Magmavision2000
  • Like 2

It's not really earth shattering, but I found these in a bundle for $10 today all PC CD games.

MS Combat Flight Simulator WWII Euro Series

Age of Empires II

Warcraft II Battle.net edition

WC III Frozen Throne expansion

Janes Fighters Anthology

Halo Combat Evolved

Already installed Halo, used to enjoy the PC version after it was patched due to sabotage on release to make the xbox release play/look nicer. :)  The Expansion isn't worth much, but the others are like $10 games so I'm pleased.  The expansion disc is scuffed up, but the rest are near spotless, minimal wear too.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It's not really earth shattering, but I found these in a bundle for $10 today all PC CD games.

MS Combat Flight Simulator WWII Euro Series

Age of Empires II

Warcraft II Battle.net edition

WC III Frozen Throne expansion

Janes Fighters Anthology

Halo Combat Evolved

Already installed Halo, used to enjoy the PC version after it was patched due to sabotage on release to make the xbox release play/look nicer. :)  The Expansion isn't worth much, but the others are like $10 games so I'm pleased.  The expansion disc is scuffed up, but the rest are near spotless, minimal wear too.

family video used to have a machine to buff out cd scratches.

Good call, and I do know of a few places that did this, think I know of one that still may do it too but just not sure if it's only on their own stock.  The thing is Frozen Throne is worth all of like $5, so it's not like I'm all that worried about it if it at least works you know?  The others are spotless or darn near so which is good.  Halo I put a couple hours on at least yesterday until it got a little tiresome.  I recently saw the entire franchise hit Steam for PC and at a really affordable price even without those seasonal discounts, so I was kind of contemplating it anyway.  I figure if I can stick with one, maybe I'll grab the bundle and start.

I'm not into attaching pictures when I don't put them on my computer, but I did have a stinger of a good cheap find earlier ago when I found a deal for $2/game for Wii stuff.

The "worst" deal was peaceful and calm fun underwater game Endless Ocean, but where the wow points come in, a complete unsealed folded cover copy of Wii Sports, but then right next to that is a sticker sealed same style copy of Wii Sports and Sports Resort too.  Yup, 2 new games for $2 on a slip which used to value like $5 and used ones are like $30 these days, not sure what the new ones are worth, but likely not much higher lacking a case and manual for resort since its bundled system has the tall manual on that.

Not a massive find, but it made me super happy today to find Pac-Man Fever at Goodwill for $1. I didn't realize it until I got home, but the Six Million Dollar Man "Elves' Revolt" was tucked inside the record sleeve as well. It makes me wonder if the Lee Majors bit in Scrooged was inspired by this.

Pac-Man Fever.jpg

SixMillionChristmas.jpg

Edited by chicgamer
Bloody typo
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

family video used to have a machine to buff out cd scratches.

They still do :)

Some locations have fancier machines than others. Personally, I've had mixed results with them.

2 hours ago, chicgamer said:

I didn't realize it until I got home, but the Six Million Dollar Man "Elves' Revolt" was tucked inside the record sleeve as well.

I've got one of those, but it's a 12". Comes with a comic book...I don't remember ever listening to it when I was little, but pretty sure it's just like a radio serial read-along thing.

We have another one that's like spoopy Halloween stories, and for whatever reason has two copies of each disc.

I thought we had a Popeye one, but maybe that one belonged to a cousin, because I can't find it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Asaki said:

I've got one of those, but it's a 12". Comes with a comic book...I don't remember ever listening to it when I was little, but pretty sure it's just like a radio serial read-along thing.

We have another one that's like spoopy Halloween stories, and for whatever reason has two copies of each disc.

I thought we had a Popeye one, but maybe that one belonged to a cousin, because I can't find it.

I think I used to have some of the Peter Pan records that came with a book. I know I had at least a couple that came with a cassette.

6 hours ago, chicgamer said:

I think I used to have some of the Peter Pan records that came with a book. I know I had at least a couple that came with a cassette.

Yeah, I've got a bunch of the tapes...or we used to, anyway, dunno how many are still around...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

So he accepted 25?  Cool glad to help.

Yes he did, thanks again.  Already shipped it too.

Wow dude...original DOS based MS Flight Sim.  That's impressive.  First one I think I ever messed with was where it had like early faux polygonal models and you flew like a cessna to start, was DOS based, but in the era of either 3.11 or 95 for windows.

2 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Yes he did, thanks again.  Already shipped it too.

Wow dude...original DOS based MS Flight Sim.  That's impressive.  First one I think I ever messed with was where it had like early faux polygonal models and you flew like a cessna to start, was DOS based, but in the era of either 3.11 or 95 for windows.

No that is for early mac.  Not dos based.