IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I like women in panties, but thongs are better! Bras are my mortal enimies! I can never take them off of the chick, at least not from in front of her reaching around. Alas, there are those new front clip ones, but I've only seen two or three of those in "action"

US english? I dont belive there is "US English". There are regions of dyilect like southern, mid-western, mid-east, north-east, new-england, west-cost ect...

You know what's interesting is that the entire west coast all has the same dyilect. even in Canada! I've been to british Columbia for some time, and spoke with many people. None of them sounded "canadian" just all west-coast!

Bra and Panties. *giggle*  

I speak US English.

We use those words a little also, although I'd probably say bra and draws.... :)

Anyhows, its been most enlightening, but i think we may have dragged this a little off topic perhaps.... :ponder: :D

Maybe they can setup an 'English language skills for beginners' forum, and i can be the mod ! :P

After all, I speak the Queen's English, so I must be right ! ;)

Laters

Si

(As this thread seriously veers off topic)

I actually have an 'English' to 'American translation book that I picked up when I visited the UK a few years back. There are so many words that are different. And it can be rather humerous too. After all a persons name here in the U.S. (at least in the South) could be 'Fannie or Fanny' and in the UK that is an obscene word, am I right? That would be like someone here being named a**! :P

As an American I'm willing to concede that the people of the UK are far more qualified than I to say what is and is not correct English. Being that I own a British built car I hang out on forums that draw a lot of Brits so I've managed to learn quite a bit of "real English" at least as it pertains to cars.

Boot - Trunk (We already covered that one)

Bonnet - Hood

Hood - Convertable Top (confusing eh?)

Wing - Fender

Door - Door (Hey at least we agree on something!)

-S

Back on topic.

Picked up an N64 core unit, only came with power cable. Garage sale $5

Picked up the A/V cables for the N64 @ Goodwill $2

They also had a NES but everything was priced individually, core $6, power cable $2, A/V cable $2, two controllers $2 each, the Zapper $4, and Super Mario 3 $4. Passed it up.

As an American I'm willing to concede that the people of the UK are far more qualified than I to say what is and is not correct English. Being that I own a British built car I hang out on forums that draw a lot of Brits so I've managed to learn quite a bit of "real English" at least as it pertains to cars.

Boot - Trunk (We already covered that one)

Bonnet - Hood

Hood - Convertable Top (confusing eh?)

Wing - Fender

Door - Door (Hey at least we agree on something!)

-S

Weinker - Dickhead..

Went to get a vehicle registration renewal today and stopped at a Goodwill along the way. Found six SNES sports games for $3 each. I wouldn't have bothered (four of 'em were Madden!) except they all had box and instructions! Picked up two each random Genesis and NES carts as well.

And I found my second "Nintendo 64 Sports" 6"x6"x1" carrying case. They're great for keeping laptop accessories in.

I haven't had much luck in thrifts lately, I've found most of my stuff at yard sales recently. Today I waltzed into a local thrift and found:

Two 2nd generation Genesis consoles complete

4 controllers - 1 of them a third party model

all hookups, power, RF, etc

Sega Master System - base unit only

3d glasses adaptor - no glasses, just the part that plugs into the unit

NES advantage joystick

Top Gun Thrustmaster PC stick

and the following Genny carts (carts only)

Sonic 2 (2 copies)

Sonic 3

Sonic & Knuckles

Sonic Spinball

Jungle Strike

Desert Strike

Urban Strike

F-22 Interceptor

Lotus II R.E.C.S.

Columns

Jurassic Park

Wayne's World

A Dinosaurs Tale

X-Men

Stimpy's Invention

Chuck Rock II

Ranger X

Batman Forever (cracked)

The Jungle Book

Street Fighter II - Special Championship Edition

TMNT Tournament Fighters

Pac Man 2: The New Adventures

Tazmania

World Series Baseball

Total games - 25 (including two sonic 2's)

All for a grand total of $15 Canadian!

Nothing really special but a pretty good haul for the money.

All of this will probably end up on my trade list but remember, I'm looking for Atari 2600 games for the most part.

Sega Genesis Power Base Converter $8

Sega Master games:

Rampage complete $4

Spy Vs. Spy complete $4

R-Type complete $4

Vigilante complete $4

And a TRS-80 COCO2 for $6

More garage sales to get to tommorrow.

Found the following Dreamcast games:

Sonic Adventure 2 sealed for $3

Resident Evil Code Veronica $6

Hydro Thunder $6

The latter two have light scratches...and I replaced the cd cases since they were very scratched.

Game gear game: Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Then I got two great condition Light Grey Playstation Guncon light guns. They have the video out plug through them.

I passed up an NES, NES power supply, Sega PS, Genesis 2, genesis controllers, NES controllers, etc. Just stuff I don't need. I also passed up a shitload of DC sports games (they were all $6 each and that adds up) and a Seaman that was missing the manual. Also passed up some NES games I don't have because they were sports games.

Then, I found a Mario cake tin. Guess what I'm having for my next birthday :D official Nintendo licensed...interesting.

Xbox:

Outlaw Golf - $7.99

Outlaw Holiday Golf - $6.99 Used

Tetris Worlds/Clone Wars - $9.99 (Used) (Anyone notice GameStop has the double game for less than the actual games separate alone?)

PlayStation 2:

Wipeout Fusion - $7.99

PlayStation:

NBA Shoot Out (Long Box) - $1.99 (Used)

Mortal Kombat 3 (Long Box) - $7.99 (Used)

Wipeout XL - $4.99 (Used)

Codename Tenka - $2.99 (Used)

Dead Ball Zone - $1.99 (Used)

Jimmy White's 2: Cueball - $2.99 (Used)

Ridge Racer (GH) - $3.99 (Used)

Aside from those, I picked up Mario vs. Donkey Kong for $26.99 on sale at my store. Awesome game! As well as GBA Video Spongebob Vol 2 for $19.99 - 10%. Returning it tomorrow... Grrr... Or trying to.

$10 -- PS2 Broadband adaptor in packaging (the packaging is partially opened...probably someone wanting to 'see' it before they bought it. :P

$2 -- Spyro, Enter the Dragonfly for PS2.

$1.50 -- Wico Boss joystick in box.

I don't have a PS2, but it's hard to pass up a good deal (especially knowing that I'll somehow own one eventually.)

it was half price day at the thrift store, but i didnt find much. i picked up a first party SNES controller for 2 dollars, and a brand new Virtua Fighter Tiger LCD game for 4 dollars. They also had some boxed Genesis sports games for 2.50, but i passed on them.

Good finds this weekend for me..

Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong racing loose for $8 total

A strange NES controller from Epyx that I've never seen before, sealed in box for $3

An old school (circa 1982) stuffed Donkey Kong for $2 - this one's my fave