IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Found this little lot on the way home from work yesterday...

N64

LoZ - Ocarina of Time, cart & manual in plastic case

Super Mario 64, cart & manual in plastic case

LoZ - Majora's Mask (Limited Edition), CIB

$2.99 each

GBA

Madden 2003, CIB

MLB High Heat 2003, CIB

$2.99 each

Playstation

Tony Hawk 1, complete

$2.99

Genesis

Super Baseball 2020, cart & box

$1.99

I scored 2 SNES jr. consoles and everything (never seen this for less than $40 and that was years ago) for $9 each! Stinks that the SNES jr. does not have S-video output, but it is on the motherboard, so maybe I'll hack it one of these days.

One of the systems included Mario RPG which is a pretty rare game on its own - it's hard to beleive that it's running on an SNES. There have been other SNES scores in the last few days:

Mortal Kombat

Boogerman

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

Goal!

Yoshi's Avalanche

all for $1 each!

I also found Soul Calber for DC for $2 in the shrink. Picked up the PS1 game Bushido Blade in a Soul Blade case for $1. Also found a pong with the most serious looking controls ever, along with another multi-pong that has some great 70's packaging - it's got a fakey brand but was made for Kmart. Each was $1.

Things have been good for retro gaming lately! THough it's been at least a year since I've seen any 2600 stuff.

I just bought a Coleco Vision MIB , still in the styrofoam, for $10. :lust: :lust: :lust: :D :D :D

It's mine! All mine! This was the system all of the rich kids had when I was growing up. We called one girl "Ms. Moneybags" because she had one. Most of us kids had to settle for Atari 2600's. The cool kids had Colecovisions and everyone always wanted to be invited to their parties.

Just call me "Mr. Moneybags"!! :D

I just bought a Coleco Vision MIB , still in the styrofoam, for $10.

Good thing you found one boxed. Hopefully it hasn't been used much. I have been picking up Colecovisions for a while, trying to find one in the wild that works. The last one I found was boxed in it's styrofoam packing, and it works pretty well.

It's mine! All mine! This was the system all of the rich kids had when I was growing up. We called one girl "Ms. Moneybags" because she had one. Most of us kids had to settle for Atari 2600's. The cool kids had Colecovisions and everyone always wanted to be invited to their parties.

Heh! and I always thought that the Neo-Geo was the rich kids system!!! :)

My last thrift find was a solitary Gunstar Heroes for the Genny.

Heh! and I always thought that the Neo-Geo was the rich kids system!!! :)

It still is LOL!

Got these today (my first finds in a long time)....

Sega Dreamcast system

Official A/V cord for the Sega Dreamcast

Official AC Power Supply cord for the Sega Dreamcast

Official Sega VMU for the Sega Dreamcast

Official Sega controller for the Sega Dreamcast

Half-Life game (loose)

All the above for $20.00 at "Sally Ann's" (thrift store). Keep in mind, the Half-Life game was NEVER commercially released for the Dreamcast. Digital Press says it's an R10.

Also got the Nintendo Book u see pictured for $1.99 (at Value Village). This is my third copy of the book, so if anyone is in need of it, lemme know...

dchj5.jpg

Dan

Great find today, another lot of atari 2600 games all boxed with manuals for 1,25 euro each:

activision

hero: labeled enduro and in a enduro box with manual but playing hero.

Rampage

atari

off the wall red label

realsports soccer red label

realsports boxing red label

dark chambers red label

phoenix silver label

absolute entertainment

tomcat the f-14 fighter simulator

Salu

Acid drop

Ghostbusters II programmed activision published by salu

Telegames

bump'n'jump

Telegames USA

Space attack

CBS Electronics

Smurf

Zaxxon

Loose cart:

Dodge 'em for 95 eurocent

I scored 2 SNES jr. consoles and everything (never seen this for less than $40 and that was years ago) for $9 each! Stinks that the SNES jr. does not have S-video output, but it is on the motherboard, so maybe I'll hack it one of these days.

One of the systems included Mario RPG which is a pretty rare game on its own - it's hard to beleive that it's running on an SNES. There have been other SNES scores in the last few days:

Um, wow. I found one of those new-model SNES consoles for around $5 recently, but Super Mario RPG is worth more than what you paid for both systems combined. I've been hunting for that game for like a year now and can't find one in the wild (i refuse to shop ebay). /jealous. :P

My recent finds:

Co worker:

Big bag of 2600 items about 20 or so commons all with manuals, 2 wico bat controllers, 2 driving controllers, paddles, 1 standard joystick, Heavy Sixer manual. All for $20 which I have recouped by selling the indy 500 stuff and the manuals minus the sixer manual.

goodwill:

Atari 2600 Subterranea

Boxed mint unused TI99/4A system, on ebay right now to pay for my recent car troubles.

Local game shop for $5 each:

NES:

Bubble Bobble

Mike Tysons Punchout

Edited by 20eyes

Today I picked up Stormlord for the Genesis, Burgertime for the 2600, and Name This Game in an indoor flea market in Alexandria, Louisiana. $4 each. I stopped at a couple other spots on my drive but found nothing. Hopefully, I can find something at local flea markets tomorrow.

Went to 2 fleamarkets today and got a load of cd-i games for 50 eurocent each:

Mad dog mccree

Mad dog 2

Kether

Head crash

Master labyrinth

Mega maze

Battleship

Cd-i 450 tutorial disc

Pac-panic

Atlantis

Dragon lair

Micromachines

Ceasars

Hotel mario

Checked out a Goodwill in Houma, LA, and picked up Midnight Raiders, Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, Star Wars Rebel Assault, and Silpheed for the Sega CD for $3.99 each. Every single case looks pristine, no cracks or anything. I have a couple of these games already, but the cases are in really bad shape. It's nice to have replacements.

I also picked up Championship Pro-Am and Arcade Classics: Centipede/Missle Command/Pong for the Genesis, both $3.99 each.