IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Picked up the following stuff this weekend ($3 ea for the Game Gear games at a store), also the really tough to find CV game Aqua Attack (thanks tmlfan from CGCC!):

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3785.jpg

IMG_3790.jpg

Check out a bigger pic of this Game Gear cart "Factory Panic" - is anyone familiar with it?

IMG_3792-1.jpg

good find! Quadraflex is a well-liked brand from the '70s. My dad still uses his Quadraflex speakers as the mains in the den, and they sound great. He keeps saying he wants to replace them with some Bose crap, though. He wants something less visibly obtrusive.

I found out more about my receiver--it's from Pacific Stereo, which was based in Berkeley, which is where I found it. So I guess that makes sense. I have it hooked up to my TV and listening to football games through those big speakers was fun and I like that they are "visibly obtrusive." Enjoying the Audio Karma forums; they have a section for thrift finds, etc. Kindred spirits, just like here!

I think I can find a use for the RF modulator...but I've just been using an old VCR for this purpose, ever since someone on here suggested doing so.

Back on topic, I bought a box of 100 NES games today for $80 without really getting to see what was in the box. Totaling it up tonight; looks like about $50 worth of games. :) Win some, lose some, I guess. The rarest game in there was Micro Machines, which was the one I spotted on top that got me looking to being with. What do people DO with all those extra Super Mario/Duck hunt carts?! I am now the proud owner of 5 of them. I need to learn to turn these types of "deals" down. It hard; I remember when most NES games were worth at least a couple of bucks.

Also bought 31 2600 games for $15. I was on my bicycle for all of this, which made the ride home pretty entertaining. 100 NES carts in a box on your rear bike rack makes handling interesting and it's even more fun with a backpack stuffed full of 2600 games and a boxed "Merlin" game ($1).

Nice deal on 31 2600 games for 15 bucks. And as for those duplicate SMB/DH I just use them as coaster, to fix very uneven tables, and to raise my TV half an inch (8 total, 2 stacked in each corners) I believe other were going to do things like build a table out of it, or even do the floor!

When I worked at Gamestop (back when Gamestop dealt in NES games) we had a guy who bought SMB/DH carts by the tens and twenties. He claimed he wanted to corner the market.

I think he may have tiled a floor with them.

I used to have a box full of Combat and Pac-Man carts...probably about 100 of each. Seems like every time I bought a lot of games, no matter for what system, there were Combat and/or Pac-Man carts with them. I started giving them away to people, we'd have a garage sale and I'd throw in a pac-man cart, I put them out by the road with a "Free" sign and I still had them later that night. I finally recycled them at a local computer salvage place. Hard to believe at one time I was like "sweet Combat, let's get it" I'm waiting for the time I waltz into a flea market and find a box full of Stadium Events carts.

found today at several goodwills:

zombies ate my neighbors for genesis(complete)$2

nes controller:$1

power joy famicom multi cart(80 in 1)$1

trick shot for 2600:$1

grand prix for 2600:$1

outlaw for 2600:$2

haunted house for 2600:$1

seaquest for 2600:$1

megamania for 2600:$2

aqrmor ambush for 2600:$1

berzerk for 2600:$1

spider fighter for 2600:$1

For Atari 2600:

Frogger II - Threedeep

Tunnel Runner

Dolphin (No Acti-plaque!)

Solaris

For 7800:

Summer Games

Bagged up in bags of 3 carts for $5.00. It was as if somebody looked at my collection, saw what I was missing and spread them out across as many bags as possible. I bought 4 bags to get 5 carts that I didn't have. So, not a spectacular price (except for the Frogger II), spent $20 for 5 carts - not bad.

I almost bought the other carts they had as they were all in like-new condtion. Several pristine Activision carts with no Acti-plaque.

SNES for 20

No yellowing

2 controllers, 1 mouse

a/c adapter

3 snes games @ $4 ...Kinda high for my blood, but I'm now employed so fuck it.

Simcity

F-Zero

Super Star Wars

Also a Driving controller for PSX for $1. It seemed cool...Better than lugging a whole wheel out to play. Plus it seemed good quality.

Wait, you can use the mouse for Sim City, can't you... Cool. I was scanning the shelf for a Mario Paint, but only these 3 games remained.

post-1274-1192494662_thumb.jpg

Edited by SINGLE TOOTH

Hi folks, new guy here, from San Antonio.. just wanted to post a "thrift find". Went to the local flea market that I visit on occasion, and was surprised to find a somewhat beat up Nomad with no cords for $5... couldn't believe it, but when I plugged in a 9v adapter it worked perfectly :) Definately one of the best finds in a long time!

Hi folks, new guy here, from San Antonio.. just wanted to post a "thrift find". Went to the local flea market that I visit on occasion, and was surprised to find a somewhat beat up Nomad with no cords for $5... couldn't believe it, but when I plugged in a 9v adapter it worked perfectly :) Definately one of the best finds in a long time!

not bad, not bad at all.

Thanks.. it was really nice to find something there, as usually it's bum standard NES games.. although that was the place I found S.C.A.T, which I was very pleased to find, and I also found oddly enough, an import copy of Virtua Fighter Remix for the Saturn *lol* who knows, this is on the southwest side too, where it would be less common to find something like that..

Had a great weekend for finds due to the covered bridge festival. Lets start with all the game related item's followed by the games.

How to master the Video Games by Tom Hirschfeld book .10

10 Sonic the Hedgehog Trading Cards .29

Video Matic Storage Case holds 24 1.99

Nintendo SNES Wall Mount holds 18 2.00

Star Fox 64 VHS NIB .50

Banjo Kazooie VHS .50

Legend of Zelda Oracle of Season's/ Ages Strategy Guide .50

Dark Cloud Strategy Guide .50

Tomb Raider II Strategy Guide .50

Tomb Raider III Strategy Guide .50

Donkey Kong Official Nintendo Hat .10

11 X-box Magazines 1.00

Games

Circus Atari 2600

Mario Bros. 2600

Pitfall! 2600

Berzerk 2600

Vanguard 2600

Frostbite 2600

Video Pinball 2600

E.T. 2600

Millipede 2600

Asteroids 2600

Combat 2600

Space Invaders 2600

Ms. Pac-man 2600

Spider Fighter 2600

Solar Fox 2600

Krull 2600

Donkey Kong 2600

Star Raiders 2600

Pac-man 2600

Keystone Kapers 2600

Centipede 2600

Phoenix 2600

Night Driver 2600

Freeway 2600

Jungle Hunt 2600

Starmaster 2600

Space Wars 2600

Skate Boardin' 2600

Moon Patrol 2600

Bump'n Jump 2600

Masters of the Universe 2600

Buck Rogers 2600

All for the great price of $1.00

Track & Field NES 1.00

TMNT III NES 1.00

Contra NES 1.00

Ice Hockey NES 1.00

Back to the Future II & III NES 2.00

Legendary Wings NES 2.00

SMB 3 w/box NES .50

Top Gear 3000 SNES 6.00

Toys SNES 1.00

Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel SNES 1.00

Yoshi's Safari SNES 1.00

The Jungle Book SNES 1.00

Sega Genesis Model 2 Loose .50

Sega Genesis Model 1 Loose Free

Monster Truck Madness N64 Free

Mission Impossible N64 1.00

Donkey Kong 64 N64 1.00

Jet Force Gemini N64 2.50

Wetrix w/box N64 2.50

PS1 System w/ 2 Controllers and Theme Hospital CIB, and Board Game Top Shop Loose .50

Dino Crisis CIB PS1 1.00

Resident Evil 2 CIB PS1 Free

Resident Evil Code Veronica CIB DC .50

Rainbow Six Rogue Spear CIB DC .50

Dynamite Cop! CIB DC .99

Resident Evil Code Veronica X CIB PS2 2.00

Wreckless CIB X-box 3.00

Activision PnP 1.00

Shivers CIB PC 1.00

Shivers II CIB PC 1.00

Edited by Ghost Soldier

For 32X:

World Series Baseball (w/ Deion Sanders) $3.03

Pitfall, the Mayan Adventures $2.02

(Oddly enough, from the same thrift about a week apart. Apparently, the two games came in at different times, because the WSB was not there when I got the Pitfall, although a bunch of commons were. Also, why did they raise their prices $1.01?)

These two, along with the pristine Spiderman I got a few months ago for $2.00 at another thrift (I let these things pile up a little before posting here :)), means I now have the really hard ones. Completing my US 32X collection should be pretty easy now...

I spent $144 today at yard sales, GREAT finds! Take a look:

post-4103-1192816167_thumb.jpg post-4103-1192816181_thumb.jpg

So, $144 spent and I got everything shown.

47 CD's (about half are new/sealed)

Suikoden II PS1

Final Fantasy VII PS1

2 New/Sealed GBA games

2 New/Sealed PSP games

3 Used GBA games

1 Gameboy Advance SP System

4 DVD Box Sets of TV shows

Castlevania Symphony of the Night Guide

Pokemon Emerald Guide

3 misc DVD's

Cranium Booster Box 2 (New/Sealed)

Geez nice haul! Suikoden II for PS1 sells for around $100 on eBay nowday. Toss the Gameboy SP on eBay and you could probably pay off the rest of the lot!

Yep, almost everything is being sold. I'm probably keeping the two new GBA games and that Disturbia DVD for my collections but I think that's about it. Oh yeah, there are some great CD's so I'm keeping some of them. They were only $1 each! I got crazy lucky today, I got that Suikoden II, Final Fantasy VII and the Castlevania guide for $20 at the same stop.

It was a good night at the Goodwill.

I walked in and sitting on the case where they usually put the one copy of Combat they keep to taunt me was a boxed 5200. No manuals or internal packing, but the system is in fantastic shape and there were games with it.

Here's the haul:

Atari 5200 (with box)

Two controllers

All cords

Berzerk

Pac-Man

Galaxian

Star Raiders (with book)

All together, $20

No overlays, but I'm gonna guess I can print those out from the interwebs somewhere. Tested it and it works perfectly. What a great system!

But there was more back on the electronics shelves!

Atari 7800 with a copy of Fight Night in the slot

$10

No controllers or cords, and this is my first 7800, so I have no idea how to tell if it works. How often are these things broken? There's something rattling around inside; I'll open it up later to figure out what. Meanwhile, some insight on how often these break would be great.

Atari 2600 (four-switch woodgrain)

Just like my existing 2600, but in worse shape. I figured I'd snap it up just incase I ever need a second one.

$10

E.T. CIB (box crushed)

$1

I had a good night.

Edited by MFoolsRun