IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I was cleaning up a closet full of my old junk this past weekend and found a video game magazine I bought back in 1983. (That makes two, what with one I bought back in 1982.)

Videogaming and Computer Illustrated July 1983, and it's got a picture of the original Colecovision design on the cover, with gray plastic for the faceplate, and spinners on the controllers. Now I need to scan it.

I also found four empty DS game cases at the Goodwill salvage yesterday, one with everything but the cartridge of Yoshi's Island DS, and a Game Boy NBA Jam box with NHL '95 instructions and registration card inside it. (I use empty Game Boy boxes to store loose GB instructions in.)

Weird - there were whole mess of Game Boy Color games at one of my haunts. I have a flash cart, so I passed (at least until half price day!). The same place had a Game Cube Wario game (not the microgames collection, something else) for $2.50. I've found a handful of GC cases that never had anything inside, so this is my first GC score.

My girlfriend just bought a used Game Cube as a Christmas present for $40 at GameStop. I'll bet that in a few months, they'll blow out Game Cubes for $15 like they did Dreamcasts. Then I'll pick up a couple to monkey with Linux and modding and all that!

Pretty good day at the Corning SalVal! For a total of $13 I picked up:

(2) Intellivision TV Play Power Plug -N- Plays

Genesis Super Street Fighter II

Spiderman/X-Men Arcade's Revenge

Super Battleship

Virtua Racing

VR Troopers

Jurassic Park- Rampage Edition

Fantasia

VHS- Cheech and Chong's 'Up in Smoke'

American Greetings "Christmas" Card- (Not really a Christmas card... it's part of an ongoing joke w/ my wife.

She "loves" my funny, funny gags. I think.)

My mother-in-law runs an eBay business that she fuels by buying foreclosed storage units which, every once in a while, have games in them which she never makes me pay for. When we were there for Christmas this morning, I got to dig through her stock a bit and came up with the following:

2 sets of 2600 paddles, no idea if they work yet, but they're pretty simple to fix if they don't

1 Grey NES Zapper

1 Orange NES Zapper (no idea if either one works yet)

1 NES controller

Super Mario Bros 2 for NES

Rampage for NES

Super Empire Strikes Back for SNES

and the best possible score ever:

My very first N64. No games, controllers or expansion pack, but it was FREE!

It's trash day today... so as we were leaving to go do some errands something catches my eye over at my neighbors... turns out it was a 13 inch DVD/TV Combo woot!!!

Like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-MD13Q41-13-D...o/dp/B0007RB1UY

I figured might as well snag it and test it out... come to find out the thing is friggen MINT... PLUS they were idiots and forgot to check the DVD tray... scored Eurotrip as well :)

Now... do I return Eurotrip to them? Do I just drop off at the local Salvation Army that is less than a mile away, or do I craigslist it for an easy $50-75.... hmmmm decisions.

I just don't understand my neighborhood, they throw away SOOOO much stuff that could easily be given to the local thrift joints.

Been a good couple days for Playstation finds for me...i almost never see them complete around here anymore. I got:

Croc

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Star Wars: Dark Forces

Wipeout XL

PO'ed (long box)

Viewpoint (long box)

All complete for $3 each. Viewpoint especially was a really nice find.

I hadn't gone out to the flea markets in a while, so I decided to hit them today. Not much was found that I didn't have already in my NES collection, but I finally did come home with Rescue Rangers and Ducktales for $4 a piece. One place had import copies of Macross for PS2, which I considered till I saw the $40 price tag, and a copy of Giant Gram for DC for $15, which I own already. Overall it was a pretty average day for going out for roughly 3-4 hours.

found yesterday at goodwill:

atari paddle tv plug and play:$4

poy poy for psx(complete,us case,pal booklet and disc)anyone intrested in this,please pm me

tetris ds box and booklet(game is missing)anyone intrested in this,pm me

dead or alive xtreme 2 for xb360(sealed,brand new,had target stickers on the shrink wrap)$5

notebook full of magic the gathering cards(lots of pages,tons of cards,)anyone intrested in this,please pm me

coke cola race car set(looks like the mid 80's tyco race sets)$4

million dollar man wrestling buddy:$2

Found this new and sealed at Target today

Soul Reaver 2 for the PS2, $1.86

Don't know if its a good game or not, but it seemed a good deal?

An old roommate of mine swore by the Soul Reaver series. He told me a little about the story, and I watched him play some of one of them; I could see really getting into it. I like how the series has two distinct paths, Kain and Raziel, and how playing a game featuring one might mean you're working against the other character.

Not a bad day, finally:

1 Boxed Genesis 2 (no AV cable, but I have plenty of those, in its place there were four controllers, two with the white Genesis 2 paint, two with the red Genesis 1 paint)

1 Boxed Genesis Arcade Stick. Inside the box for the Arcade Stick, along with the stick itself, were a Master System controller and Phaser. I have no need for the Master System stuff, I don't have an SMS, does anyone want them?

Jakks Atari joystick - $1.50

Tiger LCD Pinball from '89 - .75

Atari 400 computer - $2

Coleco multi-game plug & play from Technosource - $1

totally unrelated, but I also scored a 16mm nursing film for $1, and an ADS amplifier & tuner (these were considered very high end in the 80's) for $25. That's a helluva find.

I'll say! Nice one...

I scored a Heathkit AR-15 receiver over the weekend and thought that was a pretty good one, but you win!

totally unrelated, but I also scored a 16mm nursing film for $1, and an ADS amplifier & tuner (these were considered very high end in the 80's) for $25. That's a helluva find.