IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

:mad: :mad: :mad: I hate this thread, but I love to see what you finded! I just hate the fact that there's never anything good here in omaha!!! everything goes to gamers, and sometimes goodwill, and both are way overpriced. :_(

where'd you guys get all that luck?

I'm with ya on that! It's similar to having the score run up on Oklahoma State in any of their football games...

there, I fixed it for ya. :P

Got about a dozen 2600 instruction manuals today from one of the GXC managers. We'd talked about cutting a deal, but he just handed them to me since there weren't many.

The List:

Carnival (Coleco)

Black Jack (small black)

#D Tic Tac Toe

Woody console manual

Atari Catalog CO16725

Freeway

Combat (large white)

Outlaw

Video Checkers

Pac-Man

plus several warranty cards

Most of them will be given out as freebies.

Okay, Here it goes (I have alot)

One time i went and got an NES game (duck hunt) in box for 1$

Than another time, 3 boxed genny games for 2 bucks a pop.

Lastly, I fond an Atari 2600 Jr. (YAY!) With a joypad controller (broken, it wont go left when you push the joystick left), 1 pair of paddle controlers, 6 Games (Baseball X2 , Football, Super Breakout, Space Invaders (Text Label), and KABOOM!) All for 30$! I thought it was a steal, but thats just me. :D

Not really a thrift find, but a co-worker gave me a boxed 5200 for free yesterday. He apparently was unable to get it to work, but after I got home with it I couldn't find anything wrong, except the controllers of course.

The new one is on the left, my original one :D is on the right. Its in better shape than my original, so I may swap cases since my board has a video mod.

post-7533-1240494261_thumb.jpgpost-7533-1240494266_thumb.jpg

A few things this past week:

GBA loose - Worms World Party & Pitfall Lost Expeditions

Genesis loose - Williams Arcade Hits

TG-16 complete - Military Madness

I am jealous of your Genesis and TG-16 finds. Nice!

Chris

Thanks, but I can't take credit for them being "finds" as such since it was forum trades. Especially the MM for the Turbografx. Took a lot of work to finally track one down but I traded some games to the Toyratt (a retrogaming store here in Ontario) for a copy he had.

Picked up SingStar Pop with mikes and the USB dongle for $5 at a yard sale this morning. No way in heck am I singing that stuff. Me, sing with Britney Spears!? Come on. Still, it was a good deal, IMO. I had to have the disc polished for $2 extra at a pawn shop...big deal.

Picked up SingStar Pop with mikes and the USB dongle for $5 at a yard sale this morning. No way in heck am I singing that stuff. Me, sing with Britney Spears!? Come on. Still, it was a good deal, IMO. I had to have the disc polished for $2 extra at a pawn shop...big deal.

YouTube video or it didn't happen :P

YouTube video or it didn't happen :P

You're on.

hey everyone, after reading this thread, i starting visiting thrift stores and yard sales for the past week or so.

got this stuff today.

Perfect Dark for N64 in box. $5

Atari 2600, six switch. CX2600. it seems to the 2nd lighter 'heavy sixer'. but the first six switch for me! along with 4 joysticks, 2 sets of paddles (1 set atari, 1 set gemini), the dual commander (looks like a joystick and paddle together), couple of other joysticks, 2 RF switches, 2 power supplies, and 2 nes controllers. $13

hope i can get a deal like that again.

post-23198-1240681980_thumb.jpg

I used to go to local thrift stores at least weekly and buy all their Atari stuff. Unfortunately, that was 10 years ago and apparently everyone in the area already git rid of all their stuff. I haven't seen anything good in years. I checked back a few days ago, just to make sure, and found absolutely nothing.

On the positive side, I still have a bunch of the stuff I bought 10 years ago in my basement, and I've finally started going through it. It's like Christmas, and my kids are loving it. :)

Not really a thrift find, but a co-worker gave me a boxed 5200 for free yesterday. He apparently was unable to get it to work, but after I got home with it I couldn't find anything wrong, except the controllers of course.

The new one is on the left, my original one :D is on the right. Its in better shape than my original, so I may swap cases since my board has a video mod.

post-7533-1240494261_thumb.jpgpost-7533-1240494266_thumb.jpg

Is that a Pedobear sticker on your 5200?!?!?!?

Pedobear123.JPG

I used to go to local thrift stores at least weekly and buy all their Atari stuff. Unfortunately, that was 10 years ago and apparently everyone in the area already git rid of all their stuff. I haven't seen anything good in years. I checked back a few days ago, just to make sure, and found absolutely nothing.

On the positive side, I still have a bunch of the stuff I bought 10 years ago in my basement, and I've finally started going through it. It's like Christmas, and my kids are loving it. :)

I think the thrift stores are a regional thing. Around here, I have given up on them. Other than an odd old sports title or SMB/Duck hunt, pretty much nothing.

hit some garage sales & a flea last couple days.

Super NES (came with everything except power supply. couple months ago, picked up a snes ps from a thrift & my wife asked "why are you buying that? you don't have a snes" to which i replied "you never know". ;-D)

Nintendo carrying case

SNES boxed cleaning kit

2 Boxed SNES games-Stanley Cup & Super Play Football

7 loose SNES games-Super Mario World, Zelda & the rest sport titles.

Game Boy Color with a game still in it (missing battery cover).

Genesis Primal Rage

6 PSX games (5 of them complete)

post-14267-1240710332_thumb.jpg

Spent 36.50 alltogether on these goodies!

Peace

Edited by midnight magicman

hit some garage sales & a flea last couple days.

Super NES (came with everything except power supply. couple months ago, picked up a snes ps from a thrift & my wife asked "why are you buying that? you don't have a snes" to which i replied "you never know". ;-D)

SNES boxed cleaning kit

2 Boxed SNES games-Stanley Cup & Super Play Football

7 loose SNES games-Super Mario World, Zelda & the rest sport titles.

Game Boy Color with a game still in it (missing battery cover).

Genesis Primal Rage

Spent 36.50 alltogether on these goodies!

post-14267-1240710332_thumb.jpg

Peace

Epic win!

All I found at any of the garage sales was a copy of WWF WestleMania the Arcade Game for the Genesis. Epic game and pretty uncommon to boot.

Hey did you get that from PC Richards?

i got it from yard sale.

is PC Richards a store? never heard of it.

What country are you from? That could explain it.

i'm from the US, haha. i live in new england. i seem to not pay attention to my grammar as i type it seems. haha.

Hey did you get that from PC Richards?

i got it from yard sale.

is PC Richards a store? never heard of it.

What country are you from? That could explain it.

i'm from the US, haha. i live in new england. i seem to not pay attention to my grammar as i type it seems. haha.

That's weird. that's where PC Richards is founded. They're really popular as an alternative to Radio Shack here in New York.

Atari 2600, six switch. CX2600. it seems to the 2nd lighter 'heavy sixer'.

It's a light sixer or it's a heavy sixer... if it's a light sixer, it's not a light heavy sixer, it's just a light sixer. But, from the super-dark photo, it looks like a light-sixer to me, though I'm only 95% sure without actually opening up that pic to see better (which I haven't done).

Either way, very very nice find... you got that stuff CHEAP. Unlikely you'll find another one that cheap ever again, so fantastic deal for your "first" sixer! :thumbsup: