IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Alright thanks!

Stitch, did you get the Intellivision yet? For someone younger and who has a Gemini, I'm sure you'll be able to appreciate the quirkiness of an Intellivision. Never mind what you have heard about the controllers, they aren't that bad. Some actually prefer them :cool:. (Hey, at least they are better than the 5200's)

Besides, getting a brand "new" system brings that special Christmas feeling. Sure you can experience it with a "new" game here and there, but something about a whole "new" system...

(preferably boxed, eh?)

I got into arguments with my friend (not videogame related) and I don't think I'm getting the Intellivision. I was wrong about other controllers like the ColecoVision and Xbox and ended up loving both consoles so that won't be an issue. I'm all for a new console for me to find something I like about it. So if I get one, you will be the first to know. :)

Star Control II is one of the best games on the 3DO. Do NOT throw it out. Stich, you should take it.

Chris

He's offering it so yeah. I'm going to start playing some games that I've never heard of and this should be the first. I would never throw out a game no matter how bat it is BTW ;)

Edited by STICH666

I've currently got my eyes on one of those network adapters, too. If it had had the hard disk, I would have grabbed the whole unit right then. Without one, though, it was a bit pricey at $50.

You can actually put any IDE drive in there for HD Loader, it just won't work for installing FFXI or game saves. (Note that WD drives may not fit without a lot of work.) And don't pay more than $15 for a network adapter, I bought one for under 10 bucks last month at a Game Crazy.

Go find out what Free McBoot and WinHIIP are, and save the genuine Sony drives that still work for people who want to use them for FFXI or other genuine PS2 stuff.

Ah...today was a good day...

Neo Geo MVS:

Sonic Wings 3 (jp)

Samurai Shodown (US)

Samurai Shodown 4 (jp)

Street Hoops (Label Replaced, so I have no clue what region)

Baseball Stars 2 (US)

Metal Slug X (US)

Puzzle Bobble (A Boot, sadly)

...All for $50.

Neo Geo MVS:

Sonic Wings 3 (jp)

Samurai Shodown (US)

Samurai Shodown 4 (jp)

Baseball Stars 2 (US)

Metal Slug X (US)

...All for $50.

omg_smiley.gif

How the ****

I don't even......

Neo Geo MVS:

Sonic Wings 3 (jp)

Samurai Shodown (US)

Samurai Shodown 4 (jp)

Baseball Stars 2 (US)

Metal Slug X (US)

...All for $50.

omg_smiley.gif

How the ****

I don't even......

Patience, perseverance, and knowing your enemy. I worked that guy for the better part of a month.

Neo Geo MVS:

Sonic Wings 3 (jp)

Samurai Shodown (US)

Samurai Shodown 4 (jp)

Baseball Stars 2 (US)

Metal Slug X (US)

...All for $50.

omg_smiley.gif

How the ****

I don't even......

Patience, perseverance, and knowing your enemy. I worked that guy for the better part of a month.

hey wasup guys i had a good day today video game wise i haven't found much to post till today

1. sonic jam for the saturn (in a mortal kombat 3 case) 4.99 :lust:

and 2 boxed nes games Super C and Battle toads at 4.99 each

they even price the loose nes karts at 4.99 each

left behind zelda 1 (gold), final fantasy, tmnt 1,2,3, mike tyson punch out and megaman 2 (since already have these)

I picked up a 3do at Goodwill the other day. Panasonic. Two controllers, no video cable (but it's not proprietary). No games, but when I powered it on there was a copy of Star Control II in the drive.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with it; it'll probably sit on the shelf with my other unused "because they were there" system purchases.

If anyone wants it, I'll accept a reasonable offer.

I picked up a FZ-10 at goodwill about 3 weeks ago. In great shape. 2 games for it too. I've seen FZ-1s at Goodwill at least twice, but thought hey were DVD players. I have my eyes open for them now. the FZ-1 is worth a bit of money. Not a lot, but enough. The FZ-10 is too.

I picked up a 3do at Goodwill the other day. Panasonic. Two controllers, no video cable (but it's not proprietary). No games, but when I powered it on there was a copy of Star Control II in the drive.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with it; it'll probably sit on the shelf with my other unused "because they were there" system purchases.

If anyone wants it, I'll accept a reasonable offer.

I picked up a FZ-10 at goodwill about 3 weeks ago. In great shape. 2 games for it too. I've seen FZ-1s at Goodwill at least twice, but thought hey were DVD players. I have my eyes open for them now. the FZ-1 is worth a bit of money. Not a lot, but enough. The FZ-10 is too.

The FZ-1 is worth about 30-40 bucks depending on the condition. So yeah not much but still worth it.

Well, latest haul from Goodwill I think I overpaid for. :| 68 bucks for the lot. I think my eyes overtook my good sense. I'm going to swear off Goodwill for a while. They've gotten smarter about their pricing.

But I'll post a photo and you guys can tell me. The 7800 looks to be in pretty good shape. I cleaned both it and the switcher up as soon as I got home. Both looked like they'd been sitting in someone's garage a while. Switcher works perfectly, though I think it's sort of a silly device for someone who now owns 98 games for the 2600. No power cord for the 7800. Anyone got a spare? ;) This is my first 7800.

So, did I overpay? Yeah, yeah, I know. Ah well.

post-22224-125098899764_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lendorien

Well, latest haul from goodwill I think I overpaid for. :| 68 bucks for the lot. I think my eyes overtook my good sense.

But I'll post a photo and you guys can tell me. The 7800 looks to be in pretty good shape. I cleaned both it and the switcher up as soon as I got home. Both looked like they'd been sitting in someone's garage a while. No power cord for the 7800. Anyone got a spare? ;)

So, did I overpay?

did you have either system before? or any of the games? it all depends.. IMHO it was a bit steep, but this is why I never go to goodwill anyways.. if possible I would've haggled down up to 50% off counting the 7800 not having a power cord and there for untested and un known if it actually works.

but once again.. the reason I don't go to good will is because they are notorious for not having any haggling room, and there policy in that regard is to come back in two weeks for a price drop.. if it hasn't sold already

mostly my issues with goodwill are political and petty and need not be discussed here.

Did you have either system before? or any of the games? it all depends.. IMHO it was a bit steep, but this is why I never go to goodwill anyways.. if possible I would've haggled down up to 50% off counting the 7800 not having a power cord and there for untested and un known if it actually works.

but once again.. the reason I don't go to good will is because they are notorious for not having any haggling room, and there policy in that regard is to come back in two weeks for a price drop.. if it hasn't sold already

mostly my issues with goodwill are political and petty and need not be discussed here.

I only buy things I don't have. I did not have a 7800 before or any of the games, or that silly switch. I overpaid on the games (which were sold separately), but well, I'm a bachelor and am not really hurting for the money. Still, I'm going to swear off Goodwills for a while. My eyes overtook my wits.

Well, latest haul from Goodwill I think I overpaid for. icon_neutral.gif 68 bucks for the lot. I think my eyes overtook my good sense. I'm going to swear off Goodwill for a while. They've gotten smarter about their pricing.

But I'll post a photo and you guys can tell me. The 7800 looks to be in pretty good shape. I cleaned both it and the switcher up as soon as I got home. Both looked like they'd been sitting in someone's garage a while. Switcher works perfectly, though I think it's sort of a silly device for someone who now owns 98 games for the 2600. No power cord for the 7800. Anyone got a spare? icon_wink.gif This is my first 7800.

So, did I overpay? Yeah, yeah, I know. Ah well.

I don't think you overpaid at all, especially if you don't already have a 7800. Plus you got some top shelf games there, Xenophobe alone is worth a nice bit of change. I say congrats!

F-18 Hornet is a nice one too. Not bad. Not great but you did ok. Congrats. Its a great system.

Well, I was just jazzed to get joust. I LOVE the arcade joust.

Heh. Well, now I just need a power cable. Too bad my 2600 one won't do. What a weird end for a power cord.

F-18 Hornet is a nice one too. Not bad. Not great but you did ok. Congrats. Its a great system.

Well, I was just jazzed to get joust. I LOVE the arcade joust.

Then you should love the 7800 version, it's a great port of a cool game.

To bad about the power adapter though. You might want to go back tomorrow and scrounge around to see if it turns up. The tip is pretty distinctive, it looks like a bright blue pig snout, seriously! If nothing else, you can get one from Best Electronics for $15

I think you overpaid only because the AC adapter is missing. If it included the adapter, I would have said that the price was high for a thrift store, but not overpriced for what it is. The game brain is worth about $20 by itself. The problem is that the AC adapter will be spendy because it is proprietary and because it will be expensive to ship.

Chris