IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Today's finds.....

Mickey Mania,T2:The Arcade Game,T2:Judgment Day,Paperboy and Rocket Knight Adventures for the Sega Genesis.

Wonder Boy for the Sega Master System

Sneak N Peek,Threshold,Miner 2049er,Miner 2049er Vol.II,King Kong and Jawbreaker for the Atari 2600.

Cool thing too on those 2600 games is that they were all a $1.00 a game....Making them my best Atari related finds in the "wild" ever. icon_mrgreen.gif

Nice deal, where did you come across those?

My only find today was a copy of BattleTanx for the N64. Was $5, but I hadn't found a new n64 game in forever.

Found the Atari 2600 games at this little indoor flea market i had never been to before and the other games where at various local game shops.

I visited a thrift on the way to the folks' place that I rarely ever visit, and it turned up these gems:

NES Castlevania: $5

Another power center I can use in my rig: $2

Abalone (complete): $2.50

That's a sweet power center!! It looks like it could be an official NES product.

Not a thrift store find, but a thrifty find indeed. Got a Generation NEX system with a/v cables, power adapter, controller and instruction manual for $25 from my local Play N Trade today. Score!

BTW, This has turned out the biggest P.O.S. I have ever bought gaming wise. I'm assuming all of the rave reviews I read online were lies. Lies, I say! The picture is superb on my LCD and the sound is actually killer. The problem is they used sub-par RCA's and cables that cause the awesome picture on this thing to randomly turn to blocks and squiggles. I opened it, rigged it with new RCA's from Radio Shack and the cable hooked to my Genny, and it worked flawlessly every time. I'll just buy a new 72 pin off ebay or somewhere, and in 30 minutes or less be playing my NES games properly. In my faithful NES control Deck. This cheap piece of hooey is going back to PNT for a refund tomorrow.

I did, however, find an NES Advantage arcade stick at the flea market for $2.50 today. So I'm happy with that.

Canon MP830 - $15.00 with ink

Oh, and attention Phoenix Area collectors:

The Goodwill on 32nd St and Greenway has Miracle Piano keyboard for $17.99.

It's not complete, but the carts are cheap and the cables are easy enough to come across or even make.

Edited by Rev. Rob

Not a thrift store find, but a thrifty find indeed. Got a Generation NEX system with a/v cables, power adapter, controller and instruction manual for $25 from my local Play N Trade today. Score!

BTW, This has turned out the biggest P.O.S. I have ever bought gaming wise. I'm assuming all of the rave reviews I read online were lies. Lies, I say!

The NEX is a funny thing. I think that they ran into a lot of production issues. I'd written a review for Retro Thing, and we even had a bunch of them here. I've had one that's been running like a top since I opened it, and another that failed after a month. too bad because there were a lot of good ideas built into that console, I just think that those ideas outpaced what their overseas manufacturing could reliably deliver on.

The NEX is a funny thing. I think that they ran into a lot of production issues. I'd written a review for Retro Thing, and we even had a bunch of them here. I've had one that's been running like a top since I opened it, and another that failed after a month. too bad because there were a lot of good ideas built into that console, I just think that those ideas outpaced what their overseas manufacturing could reliably deliver on.

It's a great looking machine...seems to be quite sturdy as well...and when it actually works, it's great. I guess I just got a bad seed.

Stopped by the market that Jboy went to and found a box of goodies under a table and no one would ever suspect the wiser....hee heee!

Picked up a couple titles for Jboy and then some for myself...

(springer, threshold, plaque attack, revenge of the beefsteak tomatoes, mr. do's castle, spacechase, infiltrate, and a couple more) $1 a piece....

Then I picked up a mint looking Sonic CD for the Sega CD, only $2....

Good games and I'm trading some off to the actual finder soon.... :thumbsup:

I visited a thrift on the way to the folks' place that I rarely ever visit, and it turned up these gems:

The power switch is great! I have 2 of those and 3 of the more modern ones. These are great for PC's(as they were intended), multiple game consoles(no need to let them all draw power), dvd players/televisions(same). I buy them whenever I see them cheap. :)

Stopped by the market that Jboy went to and found a box of goodies under a table and no one would ever suspect the wiser....hee heee!

Picked up a couple titles for Jboy and then some for myself...

(springer, threshold, plaque attack, revenge of the beefsteak tomatoes, mr. do's castle, spacechase, infiltrate, and a couple more) $1 a piece....

Then I picked up a mint looking Sonic CD for the Sega CD, only $2....

Good games and I'm trading some off to the actual finder soon.... :thumbsup:

Thank you in kind sir i will head over to your place this week to grab those games,do a little trading and play some more Famicom games with you. :D

The power switch is great! I have 2 of those and 3 of the more modern ones. These are great for PC's(as they were intended), multiple game consoles(no need to let them all draw power), dvd players/televisions(same). I buy them whenever I see them cheap. :)

I run three of those in the gaming rig right now, and two somewhat more modern ones. I'm working on standardizing on this rocker switch style though, it fits much of my collection in terms of style.

Not a thrift find per se but I did get a CIB copy of Ghostbusters and Pro Wrestling for the SMS for $5 on ebay. I opened the Ghostbusters and it still has that little poster advertising the other games. One look at that and I was transported back in time 20+ years. I remember looking at those and saving my paper route money to buy one. About 2 1/2 months got me 2 games.

picked up a mint copy of Brutal Legend for the 360 at Hollywood Video for ten bucks!

Thanks for the reminder. I keep forgetting to stop by there now that they are liquidating.

Go man go! I picked up Bioshock and Golden Axe-Beast Rider for $18 bucks today, and Beast Rider was brand new. Ton of 360 games there left. I might go tomorrow too.

picked up a mint copy of Brutal Legend for the 360 at Hollywood Video for ten bucks!

Thanks for the reminder. I keep forgetting to stop by there now that they are liquidating.

Go man go! I picked up Bioshock and Golden Axe-Beast Rider for $18 bucks today, and Beast Rider was brand new. Ton of 360 games there left. I might go tomorrow too.

Want me to autograph that?

AX

Last night and tonight:

Poker Face Paul's Gin for Game Gear, with clamshell: $2

Cardboard large box Destruction Derby for PS1, no manual: $6

Long jewel case Mortal Kombat 3 for PS1, complete: $6

^I buy long boxes whenever I see them.

Me too. I don't know what my fascination is with them, but I love long box games.

Chris