IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

That complete like new,with original monitor,components still in wrap C64 i saw a while back is still at the store,turns out the potential buyer passed on it.They want $150 for it.I might grab it, I'm not sure if $150 is too much or not,not familiar with the C64 stuff. :?

It's probably a bit too much, BUT depends on exactly what it is. What monitor? Do you mean it's all really truly AS NEW, all in boxes, everything flawless? Anything else come with it? Anyway, unless there's something really rare in there, $150 may be a little high, but not stupid high or anything. If it's a good monitor, you'll likely pay at least $30 to ship just that alone if you bought it from afar. Plus another $20 at least to ship the main computer, probably $25. Right there you're saving about $55 in shipping. The monitor is probably worth $50, and the C64 if it's like new, maybe $30-40 on a good day. If it has a drive, there's another $10-20 at least (which one?) and that would have cost another $20 to ship (1541's are TANKS!).

So, $150 slightly high probably. Offer $125 that would probably be okay. If you can get it for $100, I'd say that's a good deal if it's something you want and it's all super super nice.

Yes truly new looking and had the"NEW" smell,everything in original wrapping/packaging,hardly used.I saw whatever monitor came with the c64 computer package,keyboard,tape drive,and a couple other components,everything original.Like i said i'm not familiar with the c64 stuff and what came with it new.All i know is what i saw when it came in,and the guy saying it's a complete c64 system which was hardly used at all by his son.There was no "YELLOWING" of the white plastic either,just super nice and like new CLEAN.Keyboard showed NO signs of wear either,no letter fading,dirt,nothing,like new.Haven't been back to see it,might go out this weekend.

Edited by Rik

That complete like new,with original monitor,components still in wrap C64 i saw a while back is still at the store,turns out the potential buyer passed on it.They want $150 for it.I might grab it, I'm not sure if $150 is too much or not,not familiar with the C64 stuff. :?

It's probably a bit too much, BUT depends on exactly what it is. What monitor? Do you mean it's all really truly AS NEW, all in boxes, everything flawless? Anything else come with it? Anyway, unless there's something really rare in there, $150 may be a little high, but not stupid high or anything. If it's a good monitor, you'll likely pay at least $30 to ship just that alone if you bought it from afar. Plus another $20 at least to ship the main computer, probably $25. Right there you're saving about $55 in shipping. The monitor is probably worth $50, and the C64 if it's like new, maybe $30-40 on a good day. If it has a drive, there's another $10-20 at least (which one?) and that would have cost another $20 to ship (1541's are TANKS!).

So, $150 slightly high probably. Offer $125 that would probably be okay. If you can get it for $100, I'd say that's a good deal if it's something you want and it's all super super nice.

Yes truly new looking and had the"NEW" smell,everything in original wrapping/packaging,hardly used.I saw whatever monitor came with the c64 computer package,keyboard,tape drive,and a couple other components,everything original.Like i said i'm not familiar with the c64 stuff and what came with it new.All i know is what i saw when it came in,and the guy saying it's a complete c64 system which was hardly used at all by his son.There was no "YELLOWING" of the white plastic either,just super nice and like new CLEAN.Keyboard showed NO signs of wear either,no letter fading,dirt,nothing,like new.Haven't been back to see it,might go out this weekend.

The WHITE plastic? So, it's probably a 64c then? If so, and it has a 1541-II drive (smaller and white-ish to match the 64c), then those (the 1541-II drive) are worth a bit more than a regular 1541. I dunno... if it's all really that nice, including all the boxes, and someone really wants a NICE C64 setup, his price isn't really that bad. I have a couple of absolutely mint 64c's, but I have plenty more that are not mint... in other words, the truly mint ones are probably worth grabbing. Post up pics if you get it!

Wow, what a day I had today. First of all met up with a guy who had a huge box full of Atari books! Got a bunch of them, a 410 recorder with manual, a few ST programs, 8-bit EPROMS and boards, 4 replacement keyboards, these awesome Atari folders, instruction manuals, cool old receipts (I love that stuff) and a printer stand. Among other things. I made a so-called "haul video" that is linked from my blog post (I like to keep my posts in the thread more concise than on my rambling blog post).

That said, I also picked up a PS1 with memory card, hookups, and long-box Ridge Racer (no controllers), a set of Pointmaster controllers, Vader stick, Turbo Touch 360 NES controller, 5200 controller, boxed Genny NBA Jam, and a center channel/rear speakers (Pioneers) for my budget entertainment system. Total damage: $30. A good day.

I got a Apple IIc for $10

post-7833-126853096857_thumb.jpg

and a Audiovox 5.6" lcd monitor for $13 This works on my NTSC 130xe with PAL Antic. I really wanted a monitor similar to this. It is probably not centered because of the 130xe. I will test it on other systems later. I am excited to find one this size. Also has stereo speakers so it is ready for a dual PoKey.

post-7833-126853098094_thumb.jpg

Edited by Almost Rice

Did well today. Unloaded a useless item on CL, and hit a thrift on the way home. Got around 10 CIB 2600 games, 25 combat carts, some loose (15ish) 2600 carts R3 - R6 a DS9 Fiber Optic picture light, a few PS1 games, a Pokemon Red, a boxed CV game, and a few other goodies for $65 after tax. They also had a broken CV with EXP1 for $25 and I passed on that. The guy said all the games came in at the same time with that machine, so I have that former owner to thank.

AX

post-4103-126857735711_thumb.jpg post-4103-126857736726_thumb.jpg

I found these at a music/movies/games trade-in store yesterday. Some things were pretty good for the price, that Tales guide brings quite a bit. And, a Japanese Gamecube Zelda, YAY!

All import DS games were $10 each

Zelda Cube import $12

Memories Off PS2 imports $10 each

Game Gear games $4 each

I was happy with the deals, especially since I had enough trade credit for everything.

Not a really big deal, but these days even a small find at a thrift makes me happy:

Absolutely mint and flawless QS-131 QuickShot Atari-compatible joystick controller for $2, just like the below stolen-photos one. Heck, I'd probably buy a nice CX-40 from a thrift these days. I almost didn't even look at this at first, assuming it was just a '90s PC joystick.

Another joystick for my ever-growing controller bin!

post-16769-126858372876_thumb.jpg

post-16769-126858372948_thumb.jpg

Stopped by the market that Jboy went to and found a box of goodies under a table and no one would ever suspect the wiser....hee heee!

Picked up a couple titles for Jboy and then some for myself...

(springer, threshold, plaque attack, revenge of the beefsteak tomatoes, mr. do's castle, spacechase, infiltrate, and a couple more) $1 a piece....

Then I picked up a mint looking Sonic CD for the Sega CD, only $2....

Good games and I'm trading some off to the actual finder soon.... :thumbsup:

DAMN IT!!!! That is a great freaking deal! That's the type of deal I would have loved to have find, but have not found since moving to Michigan.

Springer for dollar is awesome. Well... not to mention Mr Do's Castle. Threshold is a great pick up as well.

It is a bit strange that there were a lot of tigervision carts in the same place. The guy must have been a fan. Imagine... there could be a River Patrol there!

If you two want to sell a few Tigervision games, get with me! I know I still need some.

Not a really big deal, but these days even a small find at a thrift makes me happy:

Absolutely mint and flawless QS-131 QuickShot Atari-compatible joystick controller for $2, just like the below stolen-photos one. Heck, I'd probably buy a nice CX-40 from a thrift these days. I almost didn't even look at this at first, assuming it was just a '90s PC joystick.

Another joystick for my ever-growing controller bin!

post-16769-126858372876_thumb.jpg

post-16769-126858372948_thumb.jpg

Isn't it odd how things like this pop up? I found one of those earlier this year along with a M Network Tron joystick at a thrift.

picked up a mint copy of Brutal Legend for the 360 at Hollywood Video for ten bucks!

Thanks for the reminder. I keep forgetting to stop by there now that they are liquidating.

Go man go! I picked up Bioshock and Golden Axe-Beast Rider for $18 bucks today, and Beast Rider was brand new. Ton of 360 games there left. I might go tomorrow too.

Want me to autograph that?

AX

:lolblue: :lol:

A bit of grazing the past three days from various thrifts:

Atari Flashback 2 CX-40b stick: $2

Video Touchpad with Star Raiders overlay: $4 (a good spare for my boxed copy)

Nintendo NES AC power supply: $2 (keeping as a spare, and yes, I did make sure they didn't have an NES on the shelf separately!)

Text label Breakout: $3

Fire Fighter: $3 (and possibly overpaid!)

post-8107-126870711675_thumb.jpg

Thrift Finds

------------------------------

NES Power Pad

World Class Track Meet(NES, cart only)

Operation Wolf(NES, cart only)

Back to the Future 2&3(NES, cart only)

Streets of Rage 2(Genesis, cart and case)

Total Spent:$7

Other Recent Purchases

------------------------------

Atari Jaguar Lot-Console, 2 RF Boxes, 1 Controller, Cybermorph, Iron Soldier, Zool 2(ebay)

Atari Jaguar Power Supply(ebay)

Atari Jaguar 2 game lot-Kasumi Ninja and Wolfensteif 3d(Both complete in box)(ebay)

Sega Genesis Audio Video Cable(ebay)

Final Fantasy XII(PS3)(gamestop)

It's been a decent week and a half for purchases.

I have started going by a couple of flea markets on the weekend. Last Saturday I made some finds.

10 Atari 2600 games in an old plastic rack $2 each

NES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (cart only $4)

PS2 SOCOM-Navy Seals and Medal of Honor Frontline $5 each

You *may* have overpaid for the 2600 games.

Please don't tell me Pac-man was in that 2600 lot :S

Well, I ran by the Pawns and thrifts today, and I got 3 things:

post-23072-126903559596_thumb.jpg

Yoshi's Island - snes - $5 Holy crap was it dirty, may God have mercy on whoever's soul made this cart so dirty.

post-23072-126903554236_thumb.jpg

X-Men - Genesis - $2 No manual, previous owner wrote their last name all over it.

Jungle Book - Geneis - $2 Just the Jungle book box, I got a little surprise on the inside :cool:

post-23072-126903564568_thumb.jpg

My wife was on an errand and saw someone selling these in front of an antique store. He was asking $25 for the boxed 5200, $5 for the boxed 2600 keypads, and $20 for the boxed NES. As soon as I heard about it, we walked over there and I bought all 3. $50 total.

Haven't tested them yet, but the 5200 is in stellar cosmetic shape, especially the controllers. Likewise for the 2600 keypads. The NES and standard controllers have light wear, but the joystick controller is like new.

post-20305-126903664068_thumb.jpg

post-20305-126903667912_thumb.jpg

I am so psyched -- there are no Play N Trades or similar stores around, and no one has older gaming items -- so this was like Christmas :D