IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

So this weekend someone unloaded a massive collection to a thrift shop. Among the 40 or so boxed NES and SNES games, these were my choices for $25.

Later on the way back home I stopped at a garage sale and after talking to a guy about old games he showed me the most ****ed up NES I have ever seen, 2 NES Max controllers, a Zapper and 10 games and he said $5 for all of it. I got the NES working and almost 90% complete except the missing door. Here's a before and after.

Does the NES work completely without blinking? Congrats.

Everyone out there who has gotten a pristine NES only to have it blink.... raise your hand

Cybercylon raises his hand, once... twice...

Works 100% perfect.

All you have to do is disable the lockout chip, only takes a few minutes ;) It will stop the blinking, but you still have to keep your carts clean so they play/boot properly of course.

Got a working Intec Xbox LCD screen for $4.50 (half price mark down) yesterday at a thrift! It has been there for a month, and the employees balked at me the whole time I set up the test. "You can't use that without an X-box" they said as I plugged it in with A/Vs, a Generic power cord, and a VCR, then had it working in moments. This is why A) I got a good deal because everyone assumed it was broken for a month (hence half price) and B) the reason they work there, and I don't.

:D

AX

I Was At a Flea Market, Where they had a box of M Network / Mattel Games for the 2600 for $1 each.

One of them I found Had No Label, Yet it was the only cart there that said "M Network"

On the cart, I Thought That it might be Kool-Aid Man Because I know Thats a game that says M Network. I Bought it, I Plugged it into my 2600 and it was Kool-aid Man! :D

I Also Got a text label of Home run, But when I Plugged it in, Instead on a green field, It Was Orange! the players were black & white instead of red & blue, The inning #s, Bases and the ball Were Blue! Does anybody Know about this Version, If it's Rare or not?

I've Included a Screenshot of it.

post-26390-127612929207_thumb.png

I Also Got a text label of Home run, But when I Plugged it in, Instead on a green field, It Was Orange! the players were black & white instead of red & blue, The inning #s, Bases and the ball Were Blue! Does anybody Know about this Version, If it's Rare or not?

Looks like an emulator screenshot... did you dump it? Or are you playing a trick on us? Nice finds :)

Looks like an emulator screenshot... did you dump it? Or are you playing a trick on us? Nice finds :)

That is a picture I made on paint of it, But I Kid you not! That is Exactly what it looks like.

I Just Did'nt Have the time[Or the batteries for the camera] To Take a Actual Screenshot. Sorry

If You suspected that it was a fake, But THAT'S WHAT IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE! :) Hopefully by Tommorrow I Will Have the Actual Screenshot.

I Also Found at a Garage Sale Pole position for 50 cents,

This Version Had A Silver label With A Red Stripe With "Pole position" Written In White in the stripe.(I'm Sure You've seen that design :D ) I Look On The rarity guide and it's a rare Version (R4)!

I Also Saw A While Ago At a Vendor at a county fair A Version With The Words "POLE POSITN". I Later Found Out That's a rare Error Label :( . Hopefully, He'll Be there again This year with it...Unless some Other Atari Collector Got to it first! OH, NO! :sad:

This is what I picked up in the past 2 months. The last 5 in the last 2 weeks. I just got around to posting them.

Fairchild w/ 2 controllers and PS missing button4 $8.98

post-7833-127614403901_thumb.jpg

NES w/ 2 controllers, PS, and RF $6.96

post-7833-127614369848_thumb.jpg

N64 $2.72

post-7833-127614374597_thumb.jpg

N64 w/ PS $5

post-7833-12761437679_thumb.jpg

Genesis/CD $4.90

post-7833-127614379826_thumb.jpg

Gamecube w/ PS $7.97

post-7833-127614385558_thumb.jpg

That is a picture I made on paint of it, But I Kid you not! That is Exactly what it looks like.

I Just Did'nt Have the time[Or the batteries for the camera] To Take a Actual Screenshot. Sorry

If You suspected that it was a fake, But THAT'S WHAT IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE! :) Hopefully by Tommorrow I Will Have the Actual Screenshot.

Here it is - The Real-Deal Screenshot, Right From The TV. :D

post-26390-127614950273_thumb.jpg

Not to be a doubting Thomas, but that looks like you just displayed the image that you made full-screen on your monitor and then took a picture of the screen. It's the *exact* same image as the one you posted earlier.

Chris

Okay, Here It Is! This picture shows the "orange field"(that what I Decided To Call It :D )Home run Being Played On My Atari And TV.

Now, Does anybody Know What It's Worth? You guys Sound Like You've Never Heard of it. Sorry if is not as clear, But I Had Just Enough Battery Power In The camera

To only take 1 Quick shot. I'll Have More Photos When I Get More AA's.

The Answer To Your Question. The photo you

thought was the moniter was also the tv.

the first picture I posted Was from the website, then I saved it to my computer,

Then I colored it to make it look just like it. why? Because I Did'nt Have Any Batteries for the camera, I later Found Some That Were Almost out of Power. I'll

Post More Photo's :) .

post-26390-127618914229_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cortat G

So this weekend someone unloaded a massive collection to a thrift shop. Among the 40 or so boxed NES and SNES games, these were my choices for $25.

Later on the way back home I stopped at a garage sale and after talking to a guy about old games he showed me the most ****ed up NES I have ever seen, 2 NES Max controllers, a Zapper and 10 games and he said $5 for all of it. I got the NES working and almost 90% complete except the missing door. Here's a before and after.

Does the NES work completely without blinking? Congrats.

Everyone out there who has gotten a pristine NES only to have it blink.... raise your hand

Cybercylon raises his hand, once... twice...

Works 100% perfect.

All you have to do is disable the lockout chip, only takes a few minutes ;) It will stop the blinking, but you still have to keep your carts clean so they play/boot properly of course.

I've never had to do that. Just ran the connector through the dishwasher and then scrubbed some more afterwards with jewelry cleaner. Now it works even with dirty carts.

Not to be a doubting Thomas, but that looks like you just displayed the image that you made full-screen on your monitor and then took a picture of the screen. It's the *exact* same image as the one you posted earlier.

Chris

Okay, Here It Is! This picture shows the "orange field"(that what I Decided To Call It :D )Home run Being Played On My Atari And TV.

Now, Does anybody Know What It's Worth? You guys Sound Like You've Never Heard of it. Sorry if is not as clear, But I Had Just Enough Battery Power In The camera

To only take 1 Quick shot. I'll Have More Photos When I Get More AA's.

The Answer To Your Question. The photo you

thought was the moniter was also the tv.

the first picture I posted Was from the website, then I saved it to my computer,

Then I colored it to make it look just like it. why? Because I Did'nt Have Any Batteries for the camera, I later Found Some That Were Almost out of Power. I'll

Post More Photo's :) .

It's not unheard of for there to be alternate ROMs of games. If it's real, it's certainly not one of a kind and just hasn't been dumped yet. It could be that the colors are a little different because of your TV. Have you tried another Home Run cartridge using the same TV and 2600? I don't think it would be worth much more than a standard Home Run cartridge.

I Once Bought A Picture Label of Home Run, Looked Mint, I Plugged it in And...Nothing, Just a 'Humming' Noise, I Sure it was the Cartridge. I've had a few that would'ent work. But What does "Dump" Mean? I'm New here And I Don't know some of the Words Atariage uses :) . But When The Local Flea market opens this saturday, I'll get a home run, Are you sure it's worthless? Would collectors like it in their collections?

Edited by Cortat G

I Once Bought A Picture Label of Home Run, Looked Mint, I Plugged it in And...Nothing, Just a 'Humming' Noise, I Sure it was the Cartridge. I've had a few that would'ent work. But What does "Dump" Mean? I'm New here And I Don't know some of the Words Atariage uses :) . But When The Local Flea market opens this saturday, I'll get a home run, Are you sure it's worthless? Would collectors like it in their collections?

Dumping is backing the cartridge up (making a ROM image out of it).