IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I snagged a great deal on a Game Boy Advance SP (I think it's the original SP). It comes with Street Fighter Alpha 3 (score!), Jake Long (I'll probably sell this), Wade Hixton's Counter Punch (don't know about this), FIFA Soccer 2003 (definitely selling this), Konami Arcade Advance (yay!), Namco Museum (another score), Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure (don't know), and a charger. Here's the auction.

Wow, that was a very reasonable buy it now you did, especially with free shipping!

• Like 1

Picked this up today. :D I will be parting this stuff out on ebay soon... ;) Prolly list the stuff this weekend.

"Turbografx 16 CD gaming console w/ 22 games 80s retro - $150

Working and functional Turbografx 16 console and CD unit. I have owned the unit for over 10 years. It comes with power supply, 3 controllers (working), and turbo-tap adapter (allows 5 players to hook up to the console's 1 joypad port). The console has RCA video/audio outputs. Console comes in heavy-duty carrying case - console is in very good condition with no major damage and minor scuffs. Case is in okay condition. I am also throwing in a non-working console that comes in the box as a bonus. Comes with 22 games, which are as follows:

Complete in box with case and directions:

Battle Royale

Bomberman

Final Lap Twin

Military Madness

Raiden

R-Type

World Class Baseball

In case with directions:

Keith Courage in Alpha Zones

Legendary Axe II

Splatterhouse

HuCard only (no case, no directions):

Airzonk

Bonk's Adventure (TG16's flagship game)

China Warrior

Legendary Axe

Pac-Land

Power Golf

Sidearms

Takin' It to the Hoop

Turbografx CD System Card (used in conjunction with CD games)

Vigilante

CD-Rom Games:

Fighting Street

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective

Ys Book I & II

Some of these games are very rare and I will not sell them individually. Please call me if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks for looking!"

Edited by kevincal

Tried again a bit more today, not much better

Pac-Man (Atari 2600) $0.50 I know its not a great port, but I have just got my 2600 recently so....

Defender (Atari 2600) $0.50 :3

Combat (Atari 2600) $0.50 :3

Gremlins 2 (NES) $3 I expected this to suck, oddly it did not.

Nice, to me it's the thrill of the hunt. Don't matter if it's an ultra rare or an everyday common.

Good hunting and have fun!

Oh yea,It is relaxing for me to go through the different stores and sometimes pick up things that turn out to be "hidden" gems, like the Gremlins game there or Chrystalis, whitch I bought because the label was cool. :P

post-4103-127857773105_thumb.jpg

I got everything except the guide at a overpriced game store that I had trade too and was just trying to quickly get anything I could flip instead of taking a hit on the trade to cash price ratio. Their prices make me sick and I'm happy to be on my way out of there. The guide was pricey at $20 but it was all trade and just going to sell close to what I paid hoprfully. My goal is to get the paypal cash and break even for the trade I used.

$6.99 - Rudimentary Peni "Death Church" CD which is out-of-print and really hard-to-find, the only one on ebay is BIN $70. I'd be happy with less of course.

$1.00 - Scooby-Doo GBC game

$1.00 - Nickelodeon Rocket Power GBC game

$8.99 - Harvest Moon Island of Happiness DS cartridge only

I had trade at the place I got the stuff above too so I'm happy with the games and the CD looks promising. :cool:

Picked this up today. :D I will be parting this stuff out on ebay soon... ;) Prolly list the stuff this weekend.

Working and functional Turbografx 16 console and CD unit. I have owned the unit for over 10 years. It comes with power supply, 3 controllers (working), and turbo-tap adapter (allows 5 players to hook up to the console's 1 joypad port). The console has RCA video/audio outputs. Console comes in heavy-duty carrying case - console is in very good condition with no major damage and minor scuffs. Case is in okay condition. I am also throwing in a non-working console that comes in the box as a bonus. Comes with 22 games, which are as follows:

Battle Royale

Bomberman

Final Lap Twin

Military Madness

Raiden

R-Type

World Class Baseball

In case with directions:

Legendary Axe II

Splatterhouse

Airzonk

China Warrior

Legendary Axe

Pac-Land

Power Golf

Sidearms

Takin' It to the Hoop

Vigilante

CD-Rom Games:

Fighting Street

Ys Book I & II

Some of these games are very rare and I will not sell them individually. Please call me if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks for looking!"

Damn! That's a great deal you got there!

I think of all things I regret selling the most, it was my Turbo Grafx collection. I had so much stuff, I really don't see getting back to that level again.

They can still be found in the wild. This past weekend I again found an actual Atari 2600.

Sadly the store knew what they had, so I didn't exactly get it for a steal. But for a 4-switch Vader, two third-party joysticks, about eight games and the power supply, $40 wasn't too bad a of a deal, and the thrift is a locally owned shop (not a Goodwill) that supports a good cause. The weekend before I had found a stack of 2600 games for fifty cents a pop, so between those and the rest of my stash, I can clean this one up, put it in a good package, and still make a return.

Edited by FujiSkunk

Battle Royale

Bomberman

Final Lap Twin

Military Madness

Raiden

R-Type

World Class Baseball

In case with directions:

Legendary Axe II

Splatterhouse

Airzonk

China Warrior

Legendary Axe

Pac-Land

Power Golf

Sidearms

Takin' It to the Hoop

Vigilante

CD-Rom Games:

Fighting Street

Ys Book I & II

Damn! That's a great deal you got there!

I think of all things I regret selling the most, it was my Turbo Grafx collection. I had so much stuff, I really don't see getting back to that level again.

Great deal isn't it? :) I'm very thrilled with the purchase, obviously. :P I would keep the stuff, but 2 things work against me. 1, I can and will make a nice profit off this stuff and 2, I have a modded XBOX with 16,000 games and movies and that includes the entire library of TurboGrafx games and I can play them in RGB! :) Granted I have not checked if every single one of these games is on my XBOX but I'm betting 90-95% of them are there. Don't hate the player, hate the game! :D But yes it's indeed a very cool and nostalgic system and owning it and the CD gives me a similar feeling as to owning a Neo Geo, which I've had one of those before too. :)

Someone must have dumped a video game collection in my local value village. I went back today after getting that XEGS lot a couple of days ago. Lots of NES and SNES games, I had most of them and those that I didn't weren't interesting (Wayne Gretzky hockey anyone?) They also had a very yellow SNES, a couple NES system, 3 or 4 genesis's and a whack of controllers.

I did pick up two nice condition SNES controllers - $3.99 for the pair. A package that had the XE light gun (most likely the one that went with the XEGS I just bought there) with two regular NES pads bagged all together for $3.99 and a High Definition Graphics Genesis Model 1 with all hookups - $9.99

Also got a PS1 mini complete in a trade with a fellow youtuber. Its been a good week :)

My wife works at a community center with a food bank and a clothing warehouse and found a Wico Command Control joystick in a box of donations. Total cost: a can of tuna. I am pleased with how well it works, but the connector is a tight fit in mr Jr. I have never used one of these before; the joystick rotates 180 degrees, is this intended to be used as a paddle or it that just to reorient the fire button location?? Morgan

My wife works at a community center with a food bank and a clothing warehouse and found a Wico Command Control joystick in a box of donations. Total cost: a can of tuna. I am pleased with how well it works, but the connector is a tight fit in mr Jr. I have never used one of these before; the joystick rotates 180 degrees, is this intended to be used as a paddle or it that just to reorient the fire button location?? Morgan

The rotation does nothing - it just orients the fire button.

Not a bad day for $15

Intellivision 10 - controller that hooks to the TV via AV cables. Has World Championship Baseball, Super Pro Football, Star Strike, Skiing, Motocross, Shark! Shark!, Space Armada, Night Stalker, Snafu and Astrosmash

Genesis Games - All cart only

Golden Axe

Gargoyles

X-Men

X-Men 2 Clone Wars

SNES Games - Cart only

Championship Pool

Jim Power The Lost Dimension in 3D

N64

Road Rash 64 - cart only

Yesterday I picked up Ocarina of Time N64 collectors edition cart for $4 from Goodwill. At this goodwill they also had a strange BLUE PS2 which i passed on, i went back this morning and bought it for $20 which included a controller. Turns out this ps2 is VERY rare! :) I also got XBOX Halo ed controller, N64 AV cable and N64 game shark all for about $8. About $32 total for all the above.

Today i picked up an insanely good and MASSIVE N64 and SNES mostly complete games lot. It was a bit of a drive at 1.5 hours each way with pretty bad traffic and gnarly city directions. But damn it was worth it! All of the N64 stuff from this score costed me about $225 total. This stuff is CHERRY MINT most of it being in like new condition! WOOHOO!!! I picked it up near Stanford university in california in a wealthy neighborhood. :)

Here are the photos. ENJOY! :D

http://img708.imageshack.us/g/zskoprhjg001.jpg/

PS - i will be selling most if not all of this stuff in the coming weeks... ;) Keep an eye on my ebay store! kevincal20 is my ebay name.

No substantial garage sale finds this year except yesterday. I found for $45..

Broken Model 1 Genesis (the shell is in unbelievable condition so I'll keep it)

32x with all cables

3, 3 button controllers (in museum quality condition)

All power supplies

1 Model 2 AV cable

1 Model 1 AV cable

Doom 32x

Virtua Fighter 32x

Pit Fighter

Mortal Kombat

The Revenge of Shinobi

Star Control

Bulls vs Blazers

Fifa Soccer

Sewer Shark (Sega CD)

Sherlock Holmes (Sega CD)

Black Hole (Sega CD)

a CD sampler called "Rock Paintings"

and the base cover to fit on the bottom of the 32x so it gives a secure fit with a model 2

Best thrift-store find I've had in a long time!

SNES for $10!!!

post-16281-127887105713_thumb.jpg

Super-clean, in great shape...and most importantly...**NOT YELLOWED AT ALL!!!!***

One original (says "Super Nintendo") controller with long cord

RF hookup

Composite cable

Power adapter

Only gripe? 2 controllers would have been nice.

I have been looking for an un-yellowed one of these for 3 or 4 years! Ever since I sold my SNES2 because it was el-cheapo and had no S-video.

Man, what an AMAZING weekend for me!

First off, saw Predators. TOTALLY kick-ass flick, back to formula and it was awesome!

Second, this is the list of what I snagged, both at thrift stores and at several local used game places.

Mini-Me McFarlane figure, which I needed to go with Dr. Evil. $3

Mattel Aquarius computer, complete in box (which was nasty, so had to go), with mini-expander and 2 joysticks. VERY clean, very nice. $20

Odyssey 2 Voice module. $3

Final Approach and Frankenstein's Monster for the Atari 2600. $3 each.

2 Atari 5200 controllers. FOUR FREAKIN' DOLLARS EACH! One works, the other doesn't, but hey, one works. That's seriously something!

King of Fighters 2000/2001 for PS2. $24. Little pricey, but I need it for my SNK collection.

Congo Bongo for Atari 5200. $1

And this is the clincher, and I mean it. Twelve Odyssey 2 games.

Ufo

Freedom Fighters!

Football

Armored Encounter and Sub Chase with box and manual. One loose cart of this, too.

K.C. Munchkin with box and manual.

Out of This World and Helicopter Rescue with box and manual.

Bowling and Basketball.

Speedway, Spin-Out and Crypto-Logic with box and manual.

Showdown in 2100 A.D.

Attack of the Time Lord with box and manual.

Electronic Table Soccer with box and manual.

How much for all these O2 games you ask? ONE FUCKIN' DOLLAR! No, I'm not joking, either. It was bagged all together at a thrift store, and the lady only charged me a buck! Woot!

So, yeah, what a kick-ass weekend.

Edited by 2600Lives

Went to some thrift shops today before they closed and I passed up a boxed Dreamcast for $40 because the asshats decided to wrap the effing thing in packing tape and yes i know it was them. I ended up only getting 2 things. Great Golf for the Master System and Test Drive 6 for the PS1.

Best thrift-store find I've had in a long time!

SNES for $10!!!

post-16281-127887105713_thumb.jpg

Super-clean, in great shape...and most importantly...**NOT YELLOWED AT ALL!!!!***

One original (says "Super Nintendo") controller with long cord

RF hookup

Composite cable

Power adapter

Only gripe? 2 controllers would have been nice.

I have been looking for an un-yellowed one of these for 3 or 4 years! Ever since I sold my SNES2 because it was el-cheapo and had no S-video.

Wow that's a beautiful system and at an amazing price.

1 block from my mothers condo again. Got a 22" Proview monitor with an HDMI and VGA ports (built Jan 2007) with two blown caps and I'm also going to swap the fuses, no cracks or scrapes in the screen $10. Same seller gave me two guncon2, an n64 with three controllers, two nes games, and four NES pads for another $10. Found them at 11am on a craigslist search for Atari. He said someone bought the 2600 with 100+ games an hour earlier. Description matched someone I know :mad: damn, someguy.

AX