IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

My wife is in Canada visiting family and went to some yard sales. She hasn't returned so I have no pics but she found me a 2600 system in nice shape with some games, the only exciting one she told me about was Tanks but No Tanks but she got the system, all the games and some instructions for 5 bucks. I'll post pics when she gets back, sounds like a great find!

Thanks Canada! :party:

My wife got back to town last night and as promised, here's some pics of what she found for $5 at a yard sale in Canada. Also, check out that Yoda mask she got for a buck, it's a nice one:

post-4103-128179526254_thumb.jpg post-4103-128179527367_thumb.jpg

post-4103-12817952795_thumb.jpg post-4103-128179528934_thumb.jpg

post-4103-128179620747_thumb.jpg

It's a pretty nice looking copy for a Zimag game, those labels are normally pretty beat. Really nice little instruction booklet too. The lot had 5 games I needed for my collection.

My brother-in-law picked this stuff up for me but I don't know how much. I do know he doesn't pay much for things. He's the kind of guy that asks how much something is, told 2 bucks and then says, "how bout 50 cents?". I'm sure most of this was a buck or two, maybe less.

post-4103-128179547712_thumb.jpg

I went to the local record store again and brought a bunch of books that I intercepted from my Aunt before she donated them. The last time I went, I got about $100 in credit for these books, I got around $45 this time. Here's what I found:

post-4103-128179633629_thumb.jpg

My friend was going to take these to the record store but they told him $8 trade and he was looking for some cash so I gave him $10 for these:

post-4103-128179640079_thumb.jpg

I went to 2 garage sales today. The first one was okay, but I scored Pokemon LeafGreen with the manual for $2. The second garage sale was a cool one. The house was pretty run down, with a whole lot of small children selling stuff. Some guy in his 30s kept bringing out stuff. Turns out, he was a fellow collector. He brought out an Intellivision and a 3DO. The INTV was $20, and the 3DO was $15. Neither came with games, or had the hookups. What I was interested was the Star Explorer pinball he had for sale. He had it marked at $75, but I talked him down to $60. During the deal, he bragged about how much stuff he had, and he was pretty knowledgeable. He had quite a bit of systems, and quite a bit of home computers, including several Atari computers, an Apple classic, an Apple II, and an Osborne 1.

TL;DR, I got a Star Explorer pinball for $60, and Pokemon LeafGreen for $2.

Do any of you pinball collectors know anything about this, like the value? I'd like to know :)

post-23072-128180065311_thumb.jpg

post-23072-12818006901_thumb.jpg

post-23072-128180072603_thumb.jpg

post-23072-128180075704_thumb.jpg

I went to the local record store again and brought a bunch of books that I intercepted from my Aunt before she donated them. The last time I went, I got about $100 in credit for these books, I got around $45 this time. Here's what I found:

My friend was going to take these to the record store but they told him $8 trade and he was looking for some cash so I gave him $10 for these:

Congrats on the N64 Midway Arcade Hits! I bought that game when my dad was laid off as one last pirchase until dad got a job. That was mid-2009. 1 year later, that game is one of my most treasured posessions. I have many memories of waking up early and goggling at the awesomeness of Defender and Robotron, blowing down cars in Spy Hunter, knocking ostriches in Joust, and memorizing the patterns the patron come in by in Root Beer Tapper. I still play it tons (more than any other N64 game), and I still love it. :cool:

Holy crap. A lot of really good finds in the past couple of days!

Chris

Yea some of you guys are doing fantastic. :)

Picked up this lot for $11 total:

Sega lot with "High Definition Graphics" Model 1 with power base converter and Great Baseball, a Genesis Model 2, all hookups, and several games (with way too many loose sports carts) but some other decent ones in the lot. - $10

Sealed MSDOS 6.22 - $1

TRS-80 Books - Free

post-2493-128180890618_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the N64 Midway Arcade Hits! I bought that game when my dad was laid off as one last pirchase until dad got a job. That was mid-2009. 1 year later, that game is one of my most treasured posessions. I have many memories of waking up early and goggling at the awesomeness of Defender and Robotron, blowing down cars in Spy Hunter, knocking ostriches in Joust, and memorizing the patterns the patron come in by in Root Beer Tapper. I still play it tons (more than any other N64 game), and I still love it. :cool:

Thanks! Yeah, I was sold when I saw that the game came with Root Beer Tapper. I have a ton of games to clean and test out, I am so back logged on cleaning the stuff I have found the past few weeks. This N64 cart will be going to the top of the stack though.

Holy crap. A lot of really good finds in the past couple of days!

Chris

Yea some of you guys are doing fantastic. :)

Picked up this lot for $11 total:

Sega lot with "High Definition Graphics" Model 1 with power base converter and Great Baseball, a Genesis Model 2, all hookups, and several games (with way too many loose sports carts) but some other decent ones in the lot. - $10

Sealed MSDOS 6.22 - $1

TRS-80 Books - Free

You got the original Toe Jam & Earl in there, nice one! :thumbsup:

Intellivision I with 13 boxed games, mostly CIB, including Super Pro Football - $5

Nice!

From out of the Sunday swap meet...

CIMG1478.jpg

Jupiter Strike-$3

Novastorm-$5

Arcade's Greatest Hits/The Midway Collection 2-$5

Panzer General-$6

Jumping Flash! 2-$3

Machine Hunter (sealed)-$5

Backyard Soccer-$1.50

Crash Team Racing-$1.50

Spyro the Dragon-$1.50

Resident Evil Director's Cut-$2

The Smurfs-$2

Silent Hill-$2

Spyro: Year of the Dragon-$1.50

CIMG1482.jpg

JP Saturn Fighters Megamix (missing manual)-$.50

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Re-Arranged Album (Miya bootleg)-$2

GameCube Preview CD-Rom-$5

This might have been the best thing I saw at the swap though...

0815000942.jpg

Found this for $4 at a yard sale on the way home...

CIMG1483.jpg

Grabbed a 2005 model Sony external dual layer DVD/CD burner for $4 and N64 Goldeneye (loose) for .25 cents at a local yard sale not more than 10 minutes ago. Yeah...I came straight here to post about it. I'm that frickin' lame. :lol:

Hey, a CD or Dvd burner for 4 bucks is worth posting for, plus its DUAL LAYER HOLY CRAP :o

Found a local junk store afew months back and he had a small selection of Atari games with a sign for $5 bucks a piece, the only game I saw that was decent was Dolphin but I passed. Well I went back there today and The Atari games are now marked 3 for 5$ Bucks (sad part is I only had 5 bucks in my pocket LOL)

Well I grabbed the 3 rarest games I could see

1)Room Of Doom

2)Dolphin

3)Squeeze Box

Total=5$

The little old lady said I was the first one she has seen interested in them LOL.

I'm going back next weekend for sure

Hey, a CD or Dvd burner for 4 bucks is worth posting for, plus its DUAL LAYER HOLY CRAP :o

I know! The sticker said "Sony Dual RW Drive. Double Layer/Dual layer? $4." Like they had no idea what it does. I know what it does. That's all that matters. :lol:

Edited by GregadetH

Nice finds, everyone.

I visited the family this weekend, so I didn't get to as many thrifts as I usually do. But I did work one out-of-town thrift into my visit, and then hit the usual thrifts that are actually open on Sunday. I didn't find a whole lot, but I think the few bits I did find were enough to make it five good weekends in a row:

post-6115-128191561059_thumb.jpg

I'm most fascinated by The Humans. I bought it mostly because it was tagged for $1 (at Goodwill!) and I was getting 30% off that. But later I read this was originally a 16bit-era computer game that was then ported to several game systems. Atari Corp. got a hold of the game that time, releasing it for the Atari Lynx and Atari Jaguar. Curiously, they gave it a different name each time, calling it Dinolympics on the Lynx and Evolution: Dino Dudes on the Jaguar. Even more curiously, Atari's involvement somehow allowed them to lay a copyright claim on the Genesis version, even though Imagitec and Gametek, the original developer and publisher of the computer versions, were also the ones directly responsible for the Genesis port.

So, somewhat inadvertently, I added another Game of Atari to my collection, as well as another example of how convoluted ownership of a video game property can get!

Edited by FujiSkunk

This weekend wasn't too bad.

Gamecube (Nintendo brand) controller $1.50

Gamecube Memory card with a usb interface $4 (sells for $40 on Playasia.com)

PA.02536.001.jpg

SMS Thunder Blade - CIB - $1.50

SMS Choplifter - CIB - $1.50

Atari Lynx (model 2) with Viking Child - $10

Flea marklet finds:

Odyssey 2 (almost CIB, missing half of the styro inserts)

including 5 CIB games:

Pachinko

KC Munchkin

Speedway

Volleyball

Invaders from Hyperspace

Everything is really clean all for $25!

Hit a booth with a bunch of different Sega stuff:

32x Brutal Above the Claw CIB - $1

Gamegear Super Wide Gear magnifier - $1

GG Columns - $1

GG Super Columns - $1