IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Stopped by one of my haunts at lunch and scored three NES games for $.69 each.

Sky Kid

Snake's Revenge

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

:D

Hehe :D

Yeah baby! Catch of the week for me.

Then at work someone who knows I'm into video games brought me a bag-o-stuff.

Inside a complete NES, and badly abused Super Famicom with about 8 or so Japanese games. Gotta sort it out to see what all there is, I know it has Star Fox, and what looks like an RPG. Hee Hee

On my way to a kick-ass Weird Al concert last night, I stopped at my favorite off-the-beaten-path Goodwill and spent $7 total for the following:

Enterprex Apollo 2001 - I know pong clones are a dime a dozen, but this is my first one, so I dig it. Very nice condition and complete in box - warranty card, manual, packing and all for $2.99

A Tandy version of Mattel LED football that I had not seen before - blue case - $1.99

A plastic bag filled with about half a quart of assorted shiny chrome ball bearings - $1.99 (why did I buy that?)

Not too bad but not as good as usual at that store. Morgan

post-26465-128220635961_thumb.jpg

post-26465-128220638538_thumb.jpg

On my way to a kick-ass Weird Al concert last night, I stopped at my favorite off-the-beaten-path Goodwill and spent $7 total for the following:

Enterprex Apollo 2001 - I know pong clones are a dime a dozen, but this is my first one, so I dig it. Very nice condition and complete in box - warranty card, manual, packing and all for $2.99

A Tandy version of Mattel LED football that I had not seen before - blue case - $1.99

A plastic bag filled with about half a quart of assorted shiny chrome ball bearings - $1.99 (why did I buy that?)

Not too bad but not as good as usual at that store. Morgan

I think you bought them because they're shiny and they can move fast. Same reason Americans love Nascar. :D

Congrats on the pong. I love those things, and anything Tandy, well, that's right up my alley :thumbsup:

Edited by AtariLeaf

I think you bought them because they're shiny and they can move fast. Same reason Americans love Nascar. :D

Congrats on the pong. I love those things, and anything Tandy, well, that's right up my alley :thumbsup:

Yeah, lately I have a fascination with things Tandy / Radio Shack and Sears; places I remember hanging out and gawking at things I couldn't have as a kid. Morgan

O_O dude that's an amazing price.

I would have probably passed it up if I was not looking for a Nomad. I normally look for things under $10 and the thrift I have been visiting has been jacking up the prices. This leaves it on the shelves for months and stuff gets damaged and parts go missing. I did not realize the battery pack was hard to find. Bad part is the clear plastic has a crack in it. The adaptor is just one I picked up that could fit and was close enough rating for the Nomad to turn on.

So... what's a Custer's Revenge going for nowadays?

I got a Custer's revenge and a Bachelor's Party recently.... both with the clamshell cases from Mystique

I got the for $50 even.

I jumped on it, because I thought Custers was around a $50 cart by itself. I already had a Bachelor's Party (which I am selling in the marketplace).

So I think that can be labeled as a good find.

I was starting to think my streak would be broken, but the last store of Saturday's thrift run yielded some worthy spoils, to make it six good weekends in a row!

post-6115-128270421825_thumb.jpg

The Genesis games are all complete in box. They were $4 each, but the NES games were only a buck apiece!

Next weekend I'm out of state, but I may try to hit a thrift while I'm visiting family. If not, I'll see if I can make it seven the weekend after next.

Went to a Local Thrift store last Saturday. And picked up a few cool things.

Reality Vest 64 (still has the box and papers) - $5

10 used CD Jewel Cases - 5 cents

5 used DVD cases - 25 cents

A street sign (said "W Orange LN") - 50 cents

Blue'ish Purple 16mb Sony Memory Stick - $1

Hot Wheels Stunt Track Driver (PC) - $1

Spot Goes to Hollywood (Genesis) - $1

Puggsy (Genesis) - $1

Animaniacs (Genesis) - $1

Pojo's Unofficial Total Gundam Wing book (3D glasses never used) - 75 cents

Good time at the Goodwill tonight!! My wife called and asked me to go pick up her prescription and after grumbling a bit, I remembered it was right next to Goodwill. Got a number of games, but most notably:

SNES - Secret of Mana - CIB $6.99

SNES - Starfox - CIB - $6.99

SNES - Super Metroid - perfect loose cartridge -$3.99

Secret of Mana I will be putting up for sale later this week. Super Metroid I will be playing the S*** out of starting now......Morganhttp://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_posts&my_posts=1&mid=26465

I haven't been able to find much lately but found two games today that weren't a screaming deal but I've been itching to add something to the collection. A game store just opened about 2 miles from me, it's an independent and the prices, for the most part, are right with ebay or more. They had Earthbound SNES in the box with everything in it but wanted $260 for it, also a NES Bonk's Adventure cart only for $100...stuff like that. I didn't see any old school so I asked and they pulled out a box of mainly 2600 carts which was exciting. However, I asked how much and she said $5 each so I immediately knew I had to find something pretty good to pay that. Most were missing the end label and were in bad shape but like I said, I had that itch. I ended up with:

$5 - Colecovision James Bond 007

$13 - N64 Clay Fighter Sculptor's Cut (Blockbuster Exclusive)

post-4103-128288246906_thumb.jpg

Picked up a complete Turbografx, Ninja Spirit and Splatterhouse when at a customer's house on a delivery. I saw a dust covered TG16 hooked up on an old TV in the corner and asked if he still plays it. He said no so I offered him $50 and he instantly accepted.

Edited by STICH666