IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Don't you just love when they put the price sticker right on the label. :roll:

I hope they peel off nice for ya. Nice find at a buck each!

I have about four Goodwills that I frequesnt regularly and after telling them enough times, a couple of the stores have actually started putting the sticker on the back on plastic only. One store even has started pricing sports games cheaper than non-sport as I have suggested - loose sports games from older systems at .99 or 1.99 while the non sport are 1.99 - 3.99. They still think that Xbox and PS2 are current systems and price stuff at 7.99 - 9.99. Morgan

The Goodwills around me never have good stuff, so I was surprised today to score a C64 Direct-to-TV for $3!

Just saw a random joystick on the shelf, picked it up and noticed the C64 logo.

Had one corroded battery in it, cleaned it out, and it works perfectly.

Ironically, the common 2600 carts at that store are all priced at 4 or 5 bucks. Even Pac Man and E.T.

Got a Coleco Galaxian tabletop for a dollar! Yay!

The stupid thing won't work! Not yay!

The battery terminals are all screwed up, but I've been able to coax these systems to work with a power jack, so all may not be lost. I may have to crack it open to see if there's any damage on the circuit board first, however. What really sucks is that the people responsible for the yard sale told me they had three or four of these tabletops an hour before I got there. Aw, crap!

Scored tons of random stuff today!

thrift910.jpg

SNS Aladdin $2.99

SNS Mario All Stars $4.59

TI-84 Plus Calculator w/USB $2.59!!!

PSX Grinch $1.99

Fun2Learn Fisher Price $4.50 (half price)

Speak & Music $1.50 (half price)

N64 A/V Cable $1.99

---

Not pictured a bunch of leapster games $1.60 half price, lego case $1.99, Sonic 360 strat $1.50, SNS Mario World 1 x 2 $6, all in all highly productive run at an almost ALWAYS dead thrift.

AX

I picked up 8 loose Genesis games at $1 each at my local GW. 1 of which will house the Everdrive.

I've decided that $1 is a good price for a game that you will salvage for the plastic shell, but only if it's a Sega shell. A few games will even have an EEPROM that I can potentially re-use. Now if I can ever get a game finished enough for it to matter. I just got a Real Job suddenly last week, so now I have an excuse.

Heat them. 2 words: hair dryer.

Also Goo Gone.

Don't you just love when they put the price sticker right on the label. :roll:

I hope they peel off nice for ya. Nice find at a buck each!

I have about four Goodwills that I frequesnt regularly and after telling them enough times, a couple of the stores have actually started putting the sticker on the back on plastic only. One store even has started pricing sports games cheaper than non-sport as I have suggested - loose sports games from older systems at .99 or 1.99 while the non sport are 1.99 - 3.99. They still think that Xbox and PS2 are current systems and price stuff at 7.99 - 9.99. Morgan

That bugs the hell out of me too, I've had several good games and boxes that would be in perfect condition if the store didn't slap a label on it or tape them all together. They also sell games for outrageous prices, I do think Morgan is on to something.

Today I was sumguy. Picked up a gameboy color with frogger and 3 nes games with nes storage rack. The 3 nes games were nothing special, top gun, kung fu heroes and hoops none of which I had. As I was picking them up a young kid (middle school aged?) came around the corner and let out a big "oh man" and a sigh. Welcome to my world kid, it sucks when sumguy swipes the goodies just seconds before you.

I picked a few things up at the record store and got some deals right here in the AA Marketplace.

post-4103-128431652137_thumb.jpg

AA MARKETPLACE

$10 shipped - DS Phoenix Wright (complete)

$23 shipped for these -

GC The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest (complete)

NES Rampage

N64 Turok Dinosaur Hunter with manual

N64 Vigilante 8

GBA Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed

USED STORE

$8.99 - PS2 Fatal Frame (complete)

$2.99 - GG Taz in Escape from Mars

$2.99 - GC Enter the Matrix (complete)

Somebody brought in 2 atari systems and about 150 games into the local game store today and I got to cherry pick. Luckily I had $50 in store credit so I made a deal to use it for these 4 that I didn't have. They also had loose Bumper Bash (which I already have), Smurf Save the Day and 2 loose copies of Mr. Do's Castle (although one had a ripped label) as well as some other middling rarities and commons that I already had.

The funny thing is there was a Kijiji ad for Atari systems with about 150 games for $300. The ad was there for a while and I had responded but couldn't get a list of games. The ad is now gone and I'm betting this is where it ended up.

post-2493-128447714312_thumb.jpg

Wow, great buy on the 2049er II. I still have not seen one of these in the wild; its a big hole in my collection.

I had a similar thing happen when I lived in Boston. Guy had an ad up, and was in my neighborhood, but was asking $200. Big collection, I even went to check it out, but not worth it and the gentleman would not budge on price. Then I went to the used record store near my place a couple of days later and ran into Atari-seller guy coming out with a stack of vinyl under his arm--he had traded the Atari collection for store credit. I chatted up the owner of the store and walked out with a silver label Asteroids and a few other goodies for about the price of a CD! Fate.

Wow, great buy on the 2049er II. I still have not seen one of these in the wild; its a big hole in my collection.

I had a similar thing happen when I lived in Boston. Guy had an ad up, and was in my neighborhood, but was asking $200. Big collection, I even went to check it out, but not worth it and the gentleman would not budge on price. Then I went to the used record store near my place a couple of days later and ran into Atari-seller guy coming out with a stack of vinyl under his arm--he had traded the Atari collection for store credit. I chatted up the owner of the store and walked out with a silver label Asteroids and a few other goodies for about the price of a CD! Fate.

I know this game store too. Anything before the crash they only give pennies on the dollar no matter what it is. He probably got a fraction of what he could have had he properly taken pictures (there were none) and/or listed the games in his Kijiji ad.

Picked up a loose Atari 800XL from craigslist for $12. The poor guy has had it up there for over a year. I though I might as well pick it up. While I don't really have an interest in 8-bit stuff, I might as well just pick it up for a measly $12. It's in beautiful shape BTW. No yellowing to be seen.

post-22364-128450343724_thumb.jpg

Edited by STICH666

Picked up a loose Atari 800XL from craigslist for $12. The poor guy has had it up there for over a year. I though I might as well pick it up. While I don't really have an interest in 8-bit stuff, I might as well just pick it up for a measly $12. It's in beautiful shape BTW. No yellowing to be seen.

Nice. It looks like the standard keyboard. Looks very clean.

Nice. It looks like the standard keyboard. Looks very clean.

Other than the usual dust and dirt inside the keyboard, it was freaking spotless. No bugs, no food, no spilled drinks just dust from sitting.

A couple weeks ago I picked up and Atari 400 computer, well yesterday I took some time to clean it, I opened it up and found this game inside the slot.

I found it as it is shown here, I know nothing about it other than what you see is what I got.

the little labels say Shamus & Star Raid (star raiders maybe?)

8c300008.jpg

ff12ef0d.jpg

Edited by jumbojohnny

Went to a thrift that's pretty decent for finding hardware and spotted this sitting on the table for $25.

post-22364-128456451985_thumb.jpg

It didn't come with an AC adapter so if anybody has one, please let me know.

Stitch, that's very cool! I got a virtual boy at the beginning of the year, it's definitely an interesting piece of hardware to have.

Also, double-check this though, but I think a standard SNES AC will work with the virtual boy?

Went to a thrift that's pretty decent for finding hardware and spotted this sitting on the table for $25.

Stitch, that's very cool! I got a virtual boy at the beginning of the year, it's definitely an interesting piece of hardware to have.

Also, double-check this though, but I think a standard SNES AC will work with the virtual boy?

AFAIK, yes.

A couple weeks ago I picked up and Atari 400 computer, well yesterday I took some time to clean it, I opened it up and found this game inside the slot.

I found it as it is shown here, I know nothing about it other than what you see is what I got.

the little labels say Shamus & Star Raid (star raiders maybe?)

Weird. Have you tried plugging it in and seeing what comes up?

It works on my Virtual Boy.