IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I've never had a 5200 so if I saw that setup for $34, I'd grab it, too. $34 isn't thrift store cheap, but you aren't going to buy that setup with 7 games here on AA for $35. Shipping alone for all that would be like $15-20.

Chris

Well, that makes me feel a little better.

I paid 20 bucks for the console with two controllers and the power supply and 14 dollars on the 7 games at 2 bucks a piece. One is in the box. The two CBS games and Pole Position lack overlays, but all the other games still have them.

The system also came with the instruction manual, warranty card and a product guide.

It works great and the controllers don't look too banged up. Cleaning the contacts made them work like new.

If I can get that other stuff from my cousin (who said his 5200 stopped working years ago), I'll be in even better shape as far as games. I think he has like 7 or 8 games for it. We'll see tho.

That's a great price for that lot. I'd buy it and I have 2 already!

A local seller was selling some CIB Intellivision games so I picked up a few. They wanted $5 each but I got 12 for $50 so a little over $4 each. Some good ones in there and they will be sold. I'm keeping Pinball, Bump n Jump, Lady Bug, BeamRider, Dreadnaught Factor, and Stampede. The rest are getting sold and I have a hold on Fathom and Triple Challenge for a possible buyer at this junctur.

post-2493-128568562618_thumb.jpg

Nice little Goodwill haul today....

Lunar 2 Complete---$4.99 (it's called complete, but it's apparently supposed to have a book and some other stuff with it, this is just complete with case and all 3 discs, plus a "Making of..." disc)

Tomba 2-this one is complete, it was $2.99

Metal Gear Solid, black label, complete, $2.99

Star Wars Rebel Assault II, complete, $2.99

Hit the motherload today. The goodwill I was complaining about last week for $4 genesis carts and Saturn CDs didn't see any other buyers and reduced everything to 15 cents each on all of them! Picked up 22 various genesis games, Sega CD games, and Saturn games for $3.34! Most are in boxes and have all documentation and the like. May be the best vintage game buy I have ever had. Now I just need to find a cheap Saturn and a Sega CD to play them on =).

Just came back early from work after my breaks failed thankfully on a deserted and straight road. Well anyway from a garage sale I picked this up for $1.

post-22364-128554097426_thumb.jpg

Not my picture but I forgot it in my trunk so I can't take a picture of it myself.

Very nice. I'd love to find one of these. It was my first hand held electronic game. :)

I had this one too. Looks to be in great condition. I always remember this game for the noise the timer used to make while it ran. Would love to find one of these to put in my collection.

Hit the motherload today. The goodwill I was complaining about last week for $4 genesis carts and Saturn CDs didn't see any other buyers and reduced everything to 15 cents each on all of them! Picked up 22 various genesis games, Sega CD games, and Saturn games for $3.34! Most are in boxes and have all documentation and the like. May be the best vintage game buy I have ever had. Now I just need to find a cheap Saturn and a Sega CD to play them on =).

Got a pic?

Chris

Just came back early from work after my breaks failed thankfully on a deserted and straight road. Well anyway from a garage sale I picked this up for $1.

post-22364-128554097426_thumb.jpg

Not my picture but I forgot it in my trunk so I can't take a picture of it myself.

Very nice. I'd love to find one of these. It was my first hand held electronic game. :)

I had this one too. Looks to be in great condition. I always remember this game for the noise the timer used to make while it ran. Would love to find one of these to put in my collection.

Not my pic but yeah it's in pretty damn good condition.

I picked up a couple games last night, nothing too exciting but had some trade dollars to spend. I don't think I would have bought Mario Is Missing if I had to pay cash, a bit high for my liking.

post-4103-128576630179_thumb.jpg

8.99 - SNES Mario Is Missing

2.99 - N64 Extreme-G XG2

1.99 - NES Ghost Lion

So can we post non-Atari stuff too? :P

Those of you who aren't aware of my posts at Digital Press may be in for a surprise. ;) This is basically a two week backlog, so please bear with me.

September 22:

dp-2010-09-22.jpg

$9 total.

September 24:

dp-2010-09-24.jpg

OSX 10.4 was $25, the other games were $10 total.

September 25:

dp-2010-09-25.jpg

Free from the guy I bought the PC games from the day before. He asked me for help with something, and when I picked those out he gave 'em to me for free.

September 27:

dp-2010-09-27.jpg

Diablo + Hellfire were $1 each. The PC capture device was $5. Kilrathi Saga is not complete, it's just two manuals and three of the five CDs. But it was $2, I figured someone may want the CDs and manuals to complete their copy.

September 28:

dp-2010-09-28.jpg

$3 total, the Spider-Man CD is sealed. (Or was!)

And today, September 29:

dp-2010-09-29a.jpg

$4 total.

dp-2010-09-29b.jpg

Office:Mac v.X was $3, Office:Mac 2004 was $1

The Morcheeba two-CD set was $2, I'd been looking for the "Who Can You Trust?" CD for over a year and I ended up finding this two CD set with a bunch of B-Sides. Squirrel Nut Zippers: Perennial Favorites is... well, I was missing this CD, I bought a bunch of their CDs a while back but this one was missing. It's the cardboard release, and the case is stained, but it'll hold me out until I can get the jewel case version.

dp-2010-09-29c.jpg

$5 for all of these, all are going to eBay soon.

That is an EPIC find BTW.

For a second, I thought that was a for sale post. :o

Yea they go a little nuts with the pictures over there at DP. :pirate:

Haha, sorry. As I said, it's about two weeks worth of finds. :) Some stuff will be sold, but the rest is for my own collection. :D I bought Duke Nukem 3D just to get Duke Nukem 1 + 2!

Edited by Kitsune Sniper

Got a pic?

Chris

I can take one tonight. I will post later.

Here are the requested pics for the goodwill haul. Most are sports games, but still think I got a good haul at $3.34. Also realized that a few were sold to me with the games outside of the box, so I paid $.30 for a few and had 19 total instead of 22. Should have paid more attention, but even at that price they were worth it. Enjoy!

post-25619-128581424397_thumb.jpg

post-25619-128581427638_thumb.jpg

post-25619-128581429718_thumb.jpg

Cliff

Edited by Cliff Friedel

A local seller was selling some CIB Intellivision games so I picked up a few. They wanted $5 each but I got 12 for $50 so a little over $4 each. Some good ones in there and they will be sold. I'm keeping Pinball, Bump n Jump, Lady Bug, BeamRider, Dreadnaught Factor, and Stampede. The rest are getting sold and I have a hold on Fathom and Triple Challenge for a possible buyer at this junctur.

wow that was a steal my friend :lust:

Here are the requested pics for the goodwill haul. Most are sports games, but still think I got a good haul at $3.34. Also realized that a few were sold to me with the games outside of the box, so I paid $.30 for a few and had 19 total instead of 22. Should have paid more attention, but even at that price they were worth it. Enjoy!

Cliff

At our good will, you would pay $3.00 for each one of those.

Cliff

At our good will, you would pay $3.00 for each one of those.

Normally, I would have paid that also. I honestly thought someone else would buy them, but there they sat for 3 weeks. I think I love this store director. Going in for rares first day from now on and just waiting on anything common I need for the collection.

Here are the latest additions to my collection. They aren't all "thrift finds", I bought the DS game from ebay but got a pretty good deal on it. Most were found at the local media thrift store. I thought the N64 game was a great deal at $6.99 but when I checked out, the clerk told me I had enough frequent buyer points to get it half off so I actually only paid $3.50 for it! I already have a cart only Conker's so I guess I'm going to either trade or sell one of them off. The Fright Night II DVD was bought for resale, it has been out of print for a while now and brings a premium on ebay. The shirt looks cool, especially since I got it for free, I just don't know exactly what it looks like. The Wii game wasn't a great deal but I used trade I received from the 25 cent books I got at yard sales and then flipped at the store for trade.

post-4103-128591088298_thumb.jpg

$17.99 - Wii Dead Space: Extraction - Complete and Nice!

$7.99 - DVD Fright Night Part II - for resale

$10.00 - BLU-RAY Donnie Darko

$3.50 - N64 Conker's Bad Fur Day - complete, originally $6.99 but got it half-off, possible resale since I already have one

$7.25 - DS Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol - complete, sniped on ebay

$FREE - SHIRT Dead Rising 2 - New, was given to me at my local media thrift store, I buy so many games there, they said if anyone should have it, it's me. :D

A few good finds from a yard sale yesterday. I got a very lengthy CAT-5, boxed copy Halo: Combat Evolved (PC), boxed copy of Worms Armageddon for PC (still has receipt), and a lose copy of Men in Black II on DVD. I got it all for All for $3!

post-18160-128591225041_thumb.jpg

(cat-5 cable not pictured)

Edited by nightwheel