IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

boxed copy of Worms Armageddon for PC (still has receipt)

post-18160-128591225041_thumb.jpg

I loved to play that game. I have not tried to figure out why it is not working on my current laptop. Nice pickup.

(if your running XP.) Apparently, you have to get a patch for the game to run it under XP.

boxed copy of Worms Armageddon for PC (still has receipt)

post-18160-128591225041_thumb.jpg

I loved to play that game. I have not tried to figure out why it is not working on my current laptop. Nice pickup.

(if your running XP.) Apparently, you have to get a patch for the game to run it under XP.

For the old DOS games, get DOSBox. It's the best IMHO.

I use it to run most of the early Id games on my XP machine.

http://www.dosbox.com/

I spotted a yard sale across the street from my apartment complex on the way to take my son to school. It was older folks with a bunch of clothes but I decided to check it out anyway. Glad I did! Here is what a dollar got me:

post-4103-128595369745_thumb.jpg

50 Cents | Three Discs with a PS3 game: Untold Legends Dark Kingdom

50 Cents | Outrun - Sega Game Gear cart, Japan Import

In England you NEVER see retro games in the wild I can count on one hand the number of times I have over the years. But 2 days ago my girlfriend, my daughter and I were out shopping in the nearby city and walked past a store called CeX that sells second hand games, DVD's, mobile phones, cameras etc. and she said why not see if they have any retro stuff. I actually said I doubt it and then when we looked in the window they had a bunch of Megadrive carts, all boxed and in great condition.

I picked up Super Kick Off, Dragon: Bruce Lee Story, Dynamite Headdy, Lotus 2: RECS, Worms, Super Wrestlemania and Jungle Strike for £20

Maybe I should listen to her more in future :lol:

Found at an estate sale. Commodore musical travel alarm clock:

Half-off day, so only cost me a quarter.

Very cool little item.

Traded in some odds and ends at the local game shop and picked up loose 2600 Concentration & Code Breaker (now I need keypad controllers) and a CIB Outrun for the SMS. Been looking for that one for a while. For a common Master system game it took a while to find one.

This must have been my week, because, for the first time in 15 years of going to a particular flea market, I found a Sega Saturn in the wild. It was $30, but it had everything I need to get going and I can test it tonight. If it's broke, I go back tomorrow, if not, I got a Saturn I can use to play the games I got earlier in the week for $3. Been an awesome week.

I picked up a ton of long box ps1 and saturn games at a book store for 95 cents each trade-credit. First they gave me $28 for the hand full (7 cd's and audio book, and a dvd) and then the stuff I got was a bargain. I've already boxed the ones I'm keeping up without a picture (it's a mad house in this bedroom we are staying in). I'll be selling a few Ridge Racer, Shockwave Assault, Nights, Nba Live 96, that were dupes.

Goodwill was 50% off today, but crappy as hell (I was too late?) got a Dreamcast controller for $1.50, Vectorman for Genesis for 50 cents, Caesar II & III in big box for PC $2, and 4 cd's for a $1.50 each. Some lady yelled at me when I got up to the clerk to pay (after waiting 10 minutes in line at one of the four registers) contending that it was a single line and I should go to the back of it and wait again. The clerk however informed her it was four separate lines... I hate half price days.

AX

My small town had their yearly celebration again today. Which of course brings of the Yard Sales too. There were plenty of yards sales to be had. Just not much that interested me this year.

I did manage to get some cool stuff thought

- A TI-1200 with box from a Estate Sale for 50 cents

- A almost new Webcam and a PC headset for $1.50

- Mercenaries (Xbox) for $1

- Pink Video Now Color for a $1 (I got plans for this little guy or should I say girl?.)

- Konami Track and Field, NES cart Organizer, and a Gamecube preview DVD for $2. I later went back and got both a Sonic the Hedgehog book and a Power Rangers book for free.

- A cup of Pink Lemonade and a bag of Sun Chips for a $1 from a lemonade stand. It was ran by a cool little kid.

- And I got a broken Rock Band controller (strum doesn't work they say) and a working mid-80's Magnavox TV with remote for free. Now I have a TV to use with my older systems.

post-18160-128608411538_thumb.jpg

post-18160-128608412812_thumb.jpg

Edited by nightwheel

Estate Sale this weekend. I missed Friday and Saturday because of work so I missed out on the CIB Atari 2600 Bowling, Football, Space War, Outlaw, Home Run, Human Cannonball, Street Racer, Star Ship, 01 Combat, 11 Indy 500, 21 Video Olympics, and CIB Sears Tele-Games Arcade Golf, Basketball, and Target Fun, that was pictured in the ad. Apparently they were $2 each.

But what I did find today, the final day of the sale, when everything was 50% off, was this nice CX-10 that looks (other than the missing hex disc) and plays like it's brand new , for $2.50. So while it would've been nice to add some boxed games to the collection, I'm happy with my find.

post-11690-128613308096_thumb.jpg

I picked up a ton of long box ps1 and saturn games at a book store for 95 cents each trade-credit. First they gave me $28 for the hand full (7 cd's and audio book, and a dvd) and then the stuff I got was a bargain. I've already boxed the ones I'm keeping up without a picture (it's a mad house in this bedroom we are staying in). I'll be selling a few Ridge Racer, Shockwave Assault, Nights, Nba Live 96, that were dupes.

Goodwill was 50% off today, but crappy as hell (I was too late?) got a Dreamcast controller for $1.50, Vectorman for Genesis for 50 cents, Caesar II & III in big box for PC $2, and 4 cd's for a $1.50 each. Some lady yelled at me when I got up to the clerk to pay (after waiting 10 minutes in line at one of the four registers) contending that it was a single line and I should go to the back of it and wait again. The clerk however informed her it was four separate lines... I hate half price days.

AX

Nice haul. I know what you mean about Goodwill etiquette and the half price days. People can get quite stupid over something small and won't back down, even if they are wrong. I try to avoid those particular days.

Cliff

Well he out door flea markets are winding down here, maybe one or two weeks left. Will have to move to the Goodwill's, and smaller thrifts.

Did pick up a few goodies this weekend:

3 5200 games for $.25 each, Super Breakout, Pole Position, and Centipede.

Sega Saturn X-Men: Children of the Atom for $1.00

Boxed Atari 400, Boxed Atari 400 cassette player, and a six switch 2600 with a few common games for $25.00

Not bad for a winding down season.

This was actually a haul from the weekend before last, but I wanted to show pictures, which I didn't get around to taking until now.

Here's a Game Cube collection, with power supply, A/V cable, one controller, and a lot of games, none of which are for the Game Cube! Actually this included a couple of Genesis classics I didn't already have, Earthworm Jim and ToeJam and Earl, plus one more for my complete-in-box Sega Master System collection. This also came with one of the more legitimate attempts at a NoaC-based all-in-one system. Unfortunately that means most of the 64 games look rushed, boring, or both, but one or two seem to have potential. I haven't tested the Game Boy yet, but even if it doesn't work, I'd still say this was a nice deal.

post-6115-128623838077_thumb.jpgpost-6115-128623838839_thumb.jpg

$13 for everything, after tax.

Last weekend wasn't so eventful. Found a box for the Genesis port of Arcade Classics, but that was it.

Edited by FujiSkunk

Highlights from the last couple of weeks of thrifts...

PS2-

Shadow Hearts-$4.99

Bully-$6.99

Madden 08 En Español-$5.99

Sealed VCD of The Twisted Tales of Felix The Cat: Gross Ghost and Other Stories-$2.00

Bootleg Donald Duck VCD, the cartoon is "Trick or Treat", fittingly enough. Chinese(?) subtitles and dubbing-$1.00

Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru 2 CD-$3.99

Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer CD-$3.99

Mario Teaches Typing 2 CD-ROM-$2.00

American McGee's Alice soundtrack CD, promo copy-$1.00

post-3233-128624295459_thumb.jpg

Not really thrift finds but it's cool adding stuff to the collection. Half from ebay, half from the AA Marketplace! The totals shown are the shipped prices added in. I'm happy with these.

post-4103-12863991601_thumb.jpg

$10 Sealed Gamecube Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

$6.90 Sealed Gamecube Outlaw Golf / Darkened Skye combo two for one game

$12.50 London Blitz Atari 2600 cart, works great and not too bad looking!

$5.00 Four Sega Game Gear carts, two I need for my collection, like Prince of Persia! Two are now duplicates to trade or sell off

Not really thrift finds but it's cool adding stuff to the collection. Half from ebay, half from the AA Marketplace! The totals shown are the shipped prices added in. I'm happy with these.

post-4103-12863991601_thumb.jpg

$10 Sealed Gamecube FGinal Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

$6.90 Sealed Gamecube Outlaw Golf / Darkened Skye combo two for one game

$12.50 London Blitz Atari 2600 cart, works great and not too bad looking!

$5.00 Four Sega Game Gear carts, two I need for my collection, like Prince of Persia! Two are now duplicates to trade or sell off

Why on earth would you buy sonic 2 unless you had to :D I've got so many of those at any given kind, it's sad. Hey, they may be good as surrogate clay pigeons for target practice. I found a Samurai Showdown and Sonic Drift for a good price last night but had to leave them because I'm hurting for $$$.

AX

For $20 on craigslist today I picked up a working Light Sixer complete with 4 CX-40 joysticks (3 with issues, unfortunately), a set of paddles, and 44 games. Nothing special in the game lot except Pitfall II, Coconuts, Fast Eddie, Squeeze Box, and a few Activision titles I didn't have.

post-11690-128641939961_thumb.jpg

post-11690-128641969219_thumb.jpg

For $20 on craigslist today I picked up a working Light Sixer complete with 4 CX-40 joysticks (3 with issues, unfortunately), a set of paddles, and 44 games. Nothing special in the game lot except Pitfall II, Coconuts, Fast Eddie, Squeeze Box, and a few Activision titles I didn't have.

Excellent deal :thumbsup:

Excellent deal :thumbsup:

I wish there would've been a few more titles that I was interested in keeping. As you can see there were a few dupes and some with label damage. Also wish at least two of the joysticks were in good working order. I was able to salvage parts to make one good one. But overall with the working Atari, one good joystick, paddles and Pitfall II, I'm pleased.