IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Well been awhile since I posted here but I did get some items the last two weekends. An SNES controller by Logic (?) in the box and an SNES Space Invaders cart at a Salvation Army that usually hasn't got a thing. Both were in good shape, the controller $2.99, the cart $1. There were other SNES carts at the Salvation Army store but nothing I really had to have. Gamecube Driven and One Piece Grand Battle, in the boxes with manuals at a new Goodwill that opened nearby. I really wish they wouldn't write the price on the cases, I never can get it out. They were both $2.99 and in good shape. They also had an Xbox Action Replay Disc by itself that I got for $1.00. Couldn't find the rest of the Action Replay stuff anywhere in the store. I asked about it but the clerk didn't know what I was talking about.

Rich

Holy cow, nice finds! I've actually found import games at thrifts before, but not that many!

Which stores? :grin:

A local Goodwill yielded one Saturn import once, and a mom-and-pop produced one or two others. I've also found Asian pirate multi-carts at thrift stores. Still nowhere near the bulk that orangest found.

I've found a few PlayStation and Saturn imports over the years; a city like Los Angeles has no shortage of international media items floating about.

Went back to that same Goodwill over the weekend; found a few more U.S. Saturn games with the "Please return to Fox Interactive" sticker (Crimewave, Cyber Speedway, Manx TT Superbike and Robotica), in addition to a shrinkwrapped Die Hard Trilogy. Combining that with the all of the imports, it makes me wonder about exactly how it all ended up at a Goodwill...

A different Goodwill offered up a GH PS1 Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and a Making of Resident Evil 4 DVD.

Finally, I found a PS1 Mega Man X6 disc inside a GH Mega Man Legends case (with neither manual) at a Salvation Army.

Edited by orangest

I picked up a Radica Space Invaders stick for $5 at the Goodwill Computer store. More than I wanted to pay but I have never seen one in the wild and really wanted one.

post-7833-128684996392_thumb.jpg

I picked up a 13" Samsung 31C435 CRT from a local thrift for $10. It is from 1985 and has a built in remote and analog tuners with a switch for composite.

post-7833-12868515747_thumb.jpgpost-7833-128685155913_thumb.jpg

Edited by Almost Rice

CIMG1588.jpg

CIMG1589.jpg

CIMG1590.jpg

Never expected to see that much imported goodness at once at a Goodwill in Manhattan Beach, CA. Pretty much all of the obis and other paperwork are included.

Thought the Fox Interactive sticker was interesting too, but that's the collector sickness talking. ;)

Saturn:

Blue Seed

Clockwork Knight-Pepperouchau no Daibouken Gekan

Elf wo Karu Monotachi

Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 3-Lightning Angel

Magic Carpet

Princess Maker 2

Riglord Saga

Saturn Bomberman Fight!!!

Sentimental Graffiti

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner

Slayers Royal

Tokimeki Memorial Forever With You

Vampire Hunter

Wizards Harmony

PlayStation:

Battle Athletess: Daiundoukai GTO

Front Mission Alternative

Hunter X Hunter-Maboroshi no Greed Island

Klaymen Klaymen

Pandora Project: The Logic Master

Parasite Eve II

R4 Ridge Racer Type 4

SaGa Frontier

Soul Edge

Spectral Force 2

Super Robot Wars Alpha

Taregoro: Tarepanda no Iru Nichijou

Um Jammer Lammy

Wow. What a catch for a goodwill. How much did it put you back?

That's a beauty. Wish mine had a remote--I've got a nice Panasonic Quintrix from the same era and the VCR I use to give it remote is twice the size of the TV!

I picked up a 13" Samsung 31C435 CRT from a local thrift for $10. It is from 1985 and has a built in remote and analog tuners with a switch for composite.

That's a beauty. Wish mine had a remote--I've got a nice Panasonic Quintrix from the same era and the VCR I use to give it remote is twice the size of the TV!

I got to hook it up at the thrift and the video was good.

The remote has a built in holder on the TV and is shown in the video.

Now I can hook up RF only systems to my bank of 13" monitors. This screen displays the borders of the 800xl very close to edge of the screen. I have not tested it much beyond hooking up a composite signal.

I saw some 9" Sony CRTs but $20-30 was a bit pricey for something I would not use enough to justify picking them up.

Edited by Almost Rice

Not a great find, but I found a Leapster L-Max and 4 games for $10 at a yard sale across from Pumpkinville in Western NY. The games were loose, but they go for $25 each at Wal-mart and the Leapster II (the latest one) is $50. I would say that would classify as good. BTW, if you have a little kid, say 3 or older, the leapster isn't a bad piece of hardware. The games are (semi) educational and the characters are ones kids will recognize.

Cliff

Never saw the Space Invaders stick before. Pretty cool. For $5, I would have bought it too. Good grab.

I found out about it through the RSI 7800 joystick thread. I have been waiting for one to show up to mod it as a 7800 joystick. It looks like there is enough room to leave the logic board in and add a Sega joystick cable trough the power port hole. I would not have to do too much damage to the built in game. I may test the games out to see if they are worth saving.

Grabbed a boxed Model I Genesis, complete with all the styrofoam, instructions, et. and a few games, but the best part by far was the boxed Genistick that came with it. Always wanted one of these--super cool. I'll be reselling the system, it is pretty sweet if anyone wants it.

I went to a Goodwill near me and saw a GameShark for 5$ so I brought it up and the cashier said he would only pay 1.50$ for it if he wanted it. He made it that, and then there was a half off deal so I got it 75 cents plus tax! I also got a SideWinder game pad 1.0 in the box for like 3$ or something but then I realized at home that I can't use it since I don't have anything to pug it into. So I have no idea what to do with it. Does anyone want it? :P

I found some pretty cool Dreamcast games in addition to a couple others. The DVD you see is out of print and was bought to flip on ebay, that will help pay for some of the games. Take a look!

post-4103-1287196591_thumb.jpg

$1.99 - GB Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From The Sewers

$1.99 - GBA Excitebike (Classic NES Series)

$4.99 - DC Sonic Adventure

$4.99 - DC Sonic Adventure 2

$8.99 - DC Capcom vs SNK

$2.99 - DC BANG! Gunship Elite

$1.99 - PS1 Jumping Flash 2 - disc is really bad and might take back

$4.99 - DVD The BeastMaster - Hard-To-Find Movie!

Stopped at the Goodwill that never has anything good, they had some good stuff:

A pair of driving controllers - 3.99

New in package Mattel Electronic Football repro - 1.99

Tunnel Runner 2600 - 3.99

Left a bunch of 2600 games behind as they were 3.99 for R1 - R3 games. I will try to go back tomorrow to get a few of the Sears titles once they are half price. There is also a Suncom Slik Stik that feels like it may need some rebuilding for 3.99.

Nothing good at Value Village, but I was looking at an N64 memory card when a guy asked me "you wanna buy some N64 games?". I think he was mentally disabled and against my better judgement I drove to his house, where he lived with his mom. Anyway I got Jet Force Gemini, Earthworm Jim, and Indiana Jones and Infernal Machine. Nothing I needed, but wanted to help him out. He wanted $3 ea, but since I bought three he gave them to me for $10. :-) Hope he gets something cool with the $10. Morgan

Left a bunch of 2600 games behind as they were 3.99 for R1 - R3 games. I will try to go back tomorrow to get a few of the Sears titles once they are half price. There is also a Suncom Slik Stik that feels like it may need some rebuilding for 3.99.

Nothing good at Value Village, but I was looking at an N64 memory card when a guy asked me "you wanna buy some N64 games?". I think he was mentally disabled and against my better judgement I drove to his house, where he lived with his mom. Anyway I got Jet Force Gemini, Earthworm Jim, and Indiana Jones and Infernal Machine. Nothing I needed, but wanted to help him out. He wanted $3 ea, but since I bought three he gave them to me for $10. :-) Hope he gets something cool with the $10. Morgan

So the deal was you buy 3 and get to pay him an extra buck? :D

So the deal was you buy 3 and get to pay him an extra buck? :D

I think he listed off 4 games. So he got what would have been $12 for $10.