IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Great buy on that Monkey Island CD. I once found Grim Fandango at a Goodwill for 99 cents. I was whooping and hollering that day!

But anyway, here's my Goodwill haul today. I will admit to being flabbergasted at my find. Total price was $29.00 Given that Fatal Frame 1 and 2 are worth about $25 a piece, I think I did remarkably well.

Also got a rather beat up Mario Party. I hate it when people write in magic marker all over the label. Apparently it had been on the shelf for a couple days cause my Girlfiend saw it on Saturday (she's not a gamer). I guess the magic marker is the only reason it was still there. Fine by me. I didn't have it before.

post-22224-128927476714_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lendorien

I just bought a Kaypro II computer with all software and documentation from Craigslist for $25. It seems hard to determine the value of these because on ebay and other places, there are only overpriced BINs, but I think I got it for a good deal.

Woo! Kaypro! I have one in my basement. I still pull it out from time to time. I have a stack of old public domain stuff from a KUG from back in the day.

Honestly, I think 25 dollars was a decent deal if it had all the software and both drives work properly. Is it an 82' kaypro with the Single Sided Drives or a later one? Mine is a 2X, which is basically a "new" Kaypro 4 with Epson Drives and a modem. The Kaypro 2x came as a bundle with a Juki Daisywheel printer and scads of software. I don't have the printer. It was a huge beast and noisy as heck.

Kaypro's nomencature was really screwy. Of the CP/M based systems, they had the Kaypro 2, Kaypro IV, Kaypro 10, Kaypro 4 (new), Kaypro 2x, Robie (non portable), Kaypro 2 (new), Kaypro 4+88 (dualboot system, DOS and Cp/m) and the Kaypro 1.

They also had the Kaypro 16, which was a DOS system carrying an 8088 processor and a hard drive in a portable case like the CP/M systems.

Edited by Lendorien

I just bought a Kaypro II computer with all software and documentation from Craigslist for $25. It seems hard to determine the value of these because on ebay and other places, there are only overpriced BINs, but I think I got it for a good deal.

Woo! Kaypro! I have one in my basement. I still pull it out from time to time. I have a stack of old public domain stuff from a KUG from back in the day.

Honestly, I think 25 dollars was a decent deal if it had all the software and both drives work properly. Is it an 82' kaypro with the Single Sided Drives or a later one? Mine is a 2X, which is basically a "new" Kaypro 4 with Epson Drives and a modem. The Kaypro 2x came as a bundle with a Juki Daisywheel printer and scads of software. I don't have the printer. It was a huge beast and noisy as heck.

Kaypro's nomencature was really screwy. Of the CP/M based systems, they had the Kaypro 2, Kaypro IV, Kaypro 10, Kaypro 4 (new), Kaypro 2x, Robie (non portable), Kaypro 2 (new), Kaypro 4+88 (dualboot system, DOS and Cp/m) and the Kaypro 1.

They also had the Kaypro 16, which was a DOS system carrying an 8088 processor and a hard drive in a portable case like the CP/M systems.

The one I got is the 1982 one with single sided drives. When I turn it on, the disk drives don't turn on for about another 5-10 minutes for some reason, and when they do finally turn on, there are sometimes errors reading the disks. I think I need to clean the drives. Also, I am not sure if my CP/M disk works. It might just not be working because the drives need to be cleaned.

The one I got is the 1982 one with single sided drives. When I turn it on, the disk drives don't turn on for about another 5-10 minutes for some reason, and when they do finally turn on, there are sometimes errors reading the disks. I think I need to clean the drives. Also, I am not sure if my CP/M disk works. It might just not be working because the drives need to be cleaned.

The belts could be going on them too. 30 years old at this point.

I didn't find anything too exciting today but Super Metroid isn't too bad since I got it half off with my points: $4.50 trade dollars.

I also picked up a 2-disc DVD Double Feature with Sid & Nancy and This Is Spinal Tap and again half price so only $2 on this one and the discs are great!

Total spent for the two following pictured items: $6.50 plus tax

post-4103-128937612975_thumb.jpg

Well not a "thrift find" but a find nonetheless:

-Sega Saturn CIB

-Virtua Fighter 1 & 2 CIB

-Sega Rally CIB

-NBA TE CIB

-Doom

-Virtua Cop

-Extra Controller

-Sega Dreamcast CIB (I already had a Dreamcast but I went into storage this past week and couldnt find it. Appearently someone got quite the find at a thrift store :x I still had all my games though)

-Crazy Taxi 2 CIB

-Crazy Taxi

-Extra Controller

Also picked up Alien Trilogy for PS1 CIB

I can't give you a break down price wise (Saturn was $85 and the Dreamcast was $45 though) but everything came to $187.

These things were both from my thrift store. I have never really watched Duck Tales before. Ms. Pacman and Pole Position were almost mint condition, I think Pole Position is. Ms. Pacman has a tear in the top but these games look like they have never been played!

Pole Position: 1.50

Ms. Pacman: 1.50

Duck Tales tape: .50

SANY0133.JPG

Couple days ago stopped into my favorite goodwill for the first time in a couple weeks. they usually always have atleast a few games worth buying, this day they had a whole load of them and the guy working there was extremely cool, the games were stickered 3.99 each but he gave me them all for 2.99 each instead :) Got all of this stuff for 60 bucks, not bad!

post-2908-128962285495_thumb.jpg

post-2908-128962287897_thumb.jpg

post-2908-128962289411_thumb.jpg

post-2908-128962291424_thumb.jpg

post-2908-128962293922_thumb.jpg

post-2908-128962295793_thumb.jpg

Been awhile since I've been back on here, but found some interesting Commodore items today:

- Promenade C1 eprom programmer by Jason-Ranheim

- a "Capture" cartridge for the C64, (for saving games?) also by Jason-Ranheim

- 2 carts that hold/utilize 3 eprom chips (both been programmed, one says multi on the label which i assume is a

multi-game cart)

- Datarase eprom eraser by Walling Co.

- 2 wico command control controllers, one for the 5200 and a trackball controller

- rare game Castle Hassle

- VicModem model 1600

- and an "All about the Commodore 64" book Vol. 2

Total price: $15 :D

Now to go and test these things. I didn't see the floppy disk for the eprom burner, but at the same time I didn't even think to look for it. Hopefully they'll be back at the flea market tomorrow.

post-19797-128968257819_thumb.jpg

Been awhile since I've been back on here, but found some interesting Commodore items today:

- Promenade C1 eprom programmer by Jason-Ranheim

- a "Capture" cartridge for the C64, (for saving games?) also by Jason-Ranheim

- 2 carts that hold/utilize 3 eprom chips (both been programmed, one says multi on the label which i assume is a

multi-game cart)

- Datarase eprom eraser by Walling Co.

- 2 wico command control controllers, one for the 5200 and a trackball controller

- rare game Castle Hassle

- VicModem model 1600

- and an "All about the Commodore 64" book Vol. 2

Total price: $15 :D

Now to go and test these things. I didn't see the floppy disk for the eprom burner, but at the same time I didn't even think to look for it. Hopefully they'll be back at the flea market tomorrow.

I really want an eprom burner. :/

Saturday mangaged to buy

SNES - Super Punch Out and SwatKats ($5 for the pair)

Wii Console (broken Gamecube covers, already fixed)

Wii Fit & Board

2 Wii controllers & nunchucks

Bust a Move

Wireless sensor bar

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronoicals: Echoes of Time

All the Wii stuff $75. Its clean and it works, I now officially own a console newer than PS1.

amazingly i got a virtual boy in carry case with all the extras, no games but the system works and every is in good shape. 75 bucks :) I was amazed to see it. never expect something like that at goodwill. they also had a decent selection of games for other systems.. pictures coming soon.

amazingly i got a virtual boy in carry case with all the extras, no games but the system works and every is in good shape. 75 bucks :) I was amazed to see it. never expect something like that at goodwill. they also had a decent selection of games for other systems.. pictures coming soon.

Well it hadn't been there for long that is for sure. Great find though. I don't play mine often but I am glad I have it for those days that I do get the itch to play it. There really isn't anything else like it that can get that itch. Unless you're planning on flipping it.

Well it hadn't been there for long that is for sure. Great find though. I don't play mine often but I am glad I have it for those days that I do get the itch to play it. There really isn't anything else like it that can get that itch. Unless you're planning on flipping it.

This is probably the 3rd or 4th one ive owned. ive owned the case too. always thought it was a cool system :) Heres the pics

post-2908-129024032635_thumb.jpg

post-2908-129024034179_thumb.jpg

This is probably the 3rd or 4th one ive owned. ive owned the case too. always thought it was a cool system :) Heres the pics

Oh man. What a find! And at Goodwill no less. Good grief.

Oh man. What a find! And at Goodwill no less. Good grief.

Ya this Goodwill is only like 5 miles from my house, but I usually dont have very good luck at it. I hadn't been in months and felt it was time. Was it ever :) I walked in and their video games are right up front behind glass. Glanced over them and noticed some nice ones, but as per my routine I like to walk around to the back of the store. After about 10 steps I glance up and see the Virtual Boy case sitting atop a clothes rack display! Stopped me in my tracks lol... case was a bit dirty but after opening it i saw everything was in good condition and included ac adapter and 2 controllers, no games though. they sticker price was $100 so i leave it there and walk to the back. they had a bunch of gaming accessories controllers etc, picked some of those up. wasnt sure if i wanted to buy the vboy or not, but of course i picked it up and went to the counter hoping i could haggle them down :) Also i didnt know if it worked and asked them if it did, they said yes we were playing tennis on it, but i guess someone took the game. the lady had no idea how much the games were worth cus she said since the game was missing shed lower the price, i asked her how much she said 75. so she thought tennis was worth 25 when its really worth only 5 :) the case is missing its handle though, but all in all im happy with it just have to buy some games now :D