IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Hit the Goodwill tonight:

Five screw SMB / Duck Hunt - $1.99

Playstation NBA Live '96 - $2.50 (just cause it was complete and very nice condition and I don't have or ever see any longboxes)

Simpsons Operation game - $2.99 - pretty cool, when you screw up, instead of the buzzer, Homer screams or says different things.

Can someone explain again why the number of screws in the back makes a cart more desirable? I don't get it. :?

It's because supposedly (as I understand) they have import adapters in them. I've kissed a ton of frogs so to say... 5 screw NES games, and Atlantis 2600 night scene tests... and I've never won.

AX

I picked up a 5 screw pinball cart that had the famicom adapter inside. The only one I've ever found. They say you can tell by balancing the cart on your finger. The one's with famicom adapter inside have a different center of gravity. Supposedly, they are slightly heavier as if anyone could tell by picking them up.

My friend told me that there was a boxed Final Fantasy III for 25 dollars at Value Village today, so I booked it over there to check it out, but it was gone. On the flip side, I found A stack of NES games, Kirby Super Star, Super Mario All-Stars, Donkey Kong 64, and the crown jewel... Ikaruga on Gamecube for ten dollars. That last one was a way better steal than FF3, box or no box.

I took an oddjob, doing promotional advertising (postering) for a family friend's solo art performance in the month of Feburary. This job forced me to travel streets I don't usually travel , and to my amazement I stumbled across a small antique/pawn shop called "Really Good Stuff". How couldn't I go in? I was working, but that can't prevent a curious eye to go searching for game stuff. The shop was packed to the ceiling with bins, radio transistors, electro-mechanical amusement machines (a little out of my price range, but very cool), an oscilloscope...Very much along the lines of what I was looking for, but nothing really caught my eye.

Until I spotted this, propping up a collection of books, and a small shrine to Elvis Presley:

mtnsc7.jpg

I almost fell over backwards. You just don't find Odyssey ANYWHERE in Portland, let alone BOXED. I carefully lifted it down, and took the whole thing to the counter. I could feel by the weight of the box there was no system inside, which made me sad, but it didn't really matter. At the counter, I flipped it open to reveal:

208cn5s.jpg

Atari stuff. Okay, that's cool too. Atari stuff in an OD2 box...hmmm. Anyway, I asked they guy how much he wanted for all this, and he said $20. I told him, "Sold", paid, and walked out.

Finishing the rest of my postering job hauling on Odyssey 2 Box around was quite the task, but I managed to not do too much damage. I got it home, and the lot was very much worth my trouble:

8vst35.jpg

19 2600 games, including Pitfall 2, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and a Sears Tele-games Outer Space. A power adaptor, a broken RCA adaptor, 2 joysticks and a set of paddles. In an Odyssey 2 box. What a weird find...

Edited by Desfeek

Well not necessarily a gaming related find....

I was doing a scrap job today over at a family friends house. (We got TONS of scrap.) And we went down into the workshop to get the scrap/trash pieces of metal left over from projects to haul off. When I saw a Panasonic 5-Disk DVD Surround Sound system on a shelf. Covered in grinder shaving and welding dust/residue. Set up just to play music CD's on. I asked about it, and ended up getting it. And in return, I'm to provide him with another (smaller) CD player to play his CD's on.

I don't have it hooked up yet, but I definitely got it cleaned up though.

201_0583.jpg

201_0584.jpg

201_0585.jpg

(It didn't come with the phono-jack adapter, I added that.)

Edited by nightwheel

I hav e found a few things:

Last week, a grey NES zapper $3.99

1000010d.jpg

Today, an original playstation 1 controller, with another aftermarket controller and a memory card and hookups (both not pictured) all in a baggy for $4.99

1000009p.jpg

the original controller is is near mint with the bumps still in the d-pad, will go nicely with my SCPH 1001 model playstation 1. Also I can't believe how thick the wires are on it.

Edited by Dirty Harry

Hi, i remember how awesome this forum was, so i returned, yay!

SO i got some recent finds i think are pretty good

Commodore 64 with disk drive, joystick, and some random modern computer junk in the box - 8

Extreme Green Gameboy pocket - 20

25 or so genesis games, pretty good ones like the strider series - around 26 i think

Dirty master system in box, looks liek someone spilled coffee of the box :L - 15

Been awhile since I've posted a find. Pretty happy with what I found at a pawn today.

Spy Hunter 2600 R6 1.50 :D

Thunderground 2600 R4 1.50

Entombed 2600 R4 1.50

Picked these up from Disc Replay

Perfect Dark Zero L.E. CIB 360 3.19

Q-Ball Billards Master CIB PS2 1.50

Silent Scope CIB PS2 1.50

True Lies Gen .72

Art of Fighting Gen .72

World Championship Soccer II Gen Free

Edited by Ghost Soldier

Have you tried contacting Disney or Nintendo about this to see if they know anything?

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/nintendo-game-boy-advance-sp-toon-disney-jetix-rare

Finally found this. Seems like it may indeed be a contest prize.

Funny thing is, the channel that GameBoy was designed to promote no longer exists! It's Disney XD now, a channel which should have been called Disney >:[ judging from the quality of its shows.

• Like 1

Have you tried contacting Disney or Nintendo about this to see if they know anything?

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/nintendo-game-boy-advance-sp-toon-disney-jetix-rare

Finally found this. Seems like it may indeed be a contest prize.

Funny thing is, the channel that GameBoy was designed to promote no longer exists! It's Disney XD now, a channel which should have been called Disney >:[ judging from the quality of its shows.

Ok, you made me spit up my Mountain Dew with that comment. XD indeed.

Geeze, been FOREVER since I posted on the Thrift Finds forum, yard sale season can't come fast enough for me.

Today actually surprised me though. Hit up a newer used game place in town and found a bunch of TG16 games mixed in with the Dreamcast and 3DO games. They have a "buy 5, get 1 free" deal too, so I got:

Bonk's Adventure $ 9.99

Pac-Land $5.99

Parasol Stars (Bubble Bobble 3) $19.99

Tale Spin $9.99

Tricky Kick $6.99

Sidearms FREE

All complete with cases and manuals too.

So, $53 for the lot. I don't usually splurge like that, but TG16 stuff is almost impossible to find in the wild around here. Anyway, not cheap, but not overpriced either.

I also picked up a complete boxed copy of Seaman for the Dreamcast for $5.99 a couple of weeks ago. Been looking for the for a while, so I was happy.icon_mrgreen.gif

Geeze, been FOREVER since I posted on the Thrift Finds forum, yard sale season can't come fast enough for me.

Today actually surprised me though. Hit up a newer used game place in town and found a bunch of TG16 games mixed in with the Dreamcast and 3DO games. They have a "buy 5, get 1 free" deal too, so I got:

Bonk's Adventure $ 9.99

Pac-Land $5.99

Tale Spin $9.99

Tricky Kick $6.99

Sidearms FREE

So, $53 for the lot. I don't usually splurge like that, but TG16 stuff is almost impossible to find in the wild around here. Anyway, not cheap, but not overpriced either.

I also picked up a complete boxed copy of Seaman for the Dreamcast for $5.99 a couple of weeks ago. Been looking for the for a while, so I was happy.icon_mrgreen.gif

Impressive, Parsol Stars alone is worth just about that much. Four of those are my favorites on the system (and I have em) What do you think of Tale Spin?

AX

Bonk's Adventure $ 9.99

Pac-Land $5.99

Tale Spin $9.99

Tricky Kick $6.99

Sidearms FREE

Impressive, Parsol Stars alone is worth just about that much. Four of those are my favorites on the system (and I have em) What do you think of Tale Spin?

AX

Thanks! Haven't had a chance to try any of them yet, but I understand it's a platformer. I thought the cover art was intriguing, very un-Disney like for a game based on a cartooon show!

TG16-TaleSpin-vgo.jpg

Bonk's Adventure $ 9.99

Pac-Land $5.99

Tale Spin $9.99

Tricky Kick $6.99

Sidearms FREE

I've never found anything tg16 in the wild. Nice find!

Guess my luck has held out for the weekend. A buddy of mine runs a classic game shop over in Grand Rapids and I try to stop in every couple of months or so. Usually he doesn't have much I need, but today I found a few gems for the 2600.

All were cart only:

Star Wars: Jedi Arena

Racquetball

Stargunner (BW Standard version, label a little scuffed)

Spitfire Attack (missing end label)

Got all four for $15.00 not bad considering Stargunner is an R6. Maybe I should buy him lunch......

Anyone know what happened to Digitpress's Online Rarity Guide?, it's disappeared from the site :?

Today i found:

20th Century Fox

1-Mega Force

2-Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes

3-SpaceMaster X-7

Parker Bothers

1-Return of the Jedi, Death Star Battle

XonoX

1-Spikes Peak/Ghost Manor, Double-Ender

InterPhase for ColecoVision

1-Sewer Sam

2-Squish'Em Sam

Took the family for a drive, seeing as it was nice weather and we were going a little stir crazy. There's a place outside of town that everyone simply refers to as "The Barn". Its a family business that buys estates and collections, pretty much anything. Its like American Pickers combined with Hoarders without the dead cats and feces. Anyway, they always have loads of games from Atari up to current systems. They had a half price sale so I walked away with everything in the picture for $40. The PS1 SpiceWorld was $2 from a separate thrift store.

Nice! Snow Brothers for $40 is a good deal on its own, plus you got some nice bonus stuff!

My finds from last couple weeks:

From Goodwill: NES: Super Off-Road and Tetris 2- $2.50 each

From a Pawn Shop: Atari 2600: Centipede, Gravitar, Moon Patrol, Pigs in Space, Realsports Boxing, Riddle of the Spinx,

and Sprintmaster- $1.00 each

From a Peddlers Mall- Spectravideo Quickshot, with box and instructions- $5.00

Overall I think this is pretty good. :)

post-27726-129606844448_thumb.jpg

post-27726-129606847973_thumb.jpg

post-27726-129606851083_thumb.jpg