IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I picked up a working NES, controller, P.S., RF cable, with Dragon Warrior game for $6.97 today.

I feel so sad now. I never find anything, maybe it's because I'm 15...

...who knows, I need to start.

http://movieclips.com/e/qb7w/

Doesn't load anything except for the screengrab. Any other links?

(I am 90% sure that was the Nintendo 64 kid)

I was reluctantly at Target the other night, we did need some stuff though. Anyway, while my wife was doing the real shopping, I was snooping around the gaming section. A few aisles away from the games, on an end cap was a Clearance section with a good amount of games. I just couldn't walk away from adding something cool to the collection with the DS and PS3 games. The Wii games are going up in a closet for any family member or friends occassions, my best friend has three little girls and just got a Wii so that's a good, inexpensive gift.

$9.98 - PS3 Dante's Inferno "Divine Edition"

$12.48 - DS Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

$9.98 - Wii Disney Princess Enchanted Journey X2

post-4103-129977273408_thumb.jpg post-4103-12997727415_thumb.jpg

I was reluctantly at Target the other night, we did need some stuff though. Anyway, while my wife was doing the real shopping, I was snooping around the gaming section. A few aisles away from the games, on an end cap was a Clearance section with a good amount of games. I just couldn't walk away from adding something cool to the collection with the DS and PS3 games. The Wii games are going up in a closet for any family member or friends occassions, my best friend has three little girls and just got a Wii so that's a good, inexpensive gift.

Hmm I wonder if my local targets would have Dante's Inferno that cheap? At that price there is no way I could pass on it, may have to go look later today.

Hmm I wonder if my local targets would have Dante's Inferno that cheap? At that price there is no way I could pass on it, may have to go look later today.

And, I would offer to get you one at actual price plus cheap shipping but that was the only one. They had a bunch of some sort of Wolverine PS3 game but it was $19.98. I think they had one more Kingdom Hearts but I got all the Wii Disney Princess games LOL! They had some XBOX but nothing looked like a great deal and I don't have that system so didn't look too well at those.

Yeah, check your local Targets. Dante's Inferno was a great deal and I probably would have bought a few if they would have had them...good game to sit on factory sealed at that price. Mine will be opened if I ever get caught up on my back log of games. Good luck at the Targets!

And, I would offer to get you one at actual price plus cheap shipping but that was the only one. They had a bunch of some sort of Wolverine PS3 game but it was $19.98. I think they had one more Kingdom Hearts but I got all the Wii Disney Princess games LOL! They had some XBOX but nothing looked like a great deal and I don't have that system so didn't look too well at those.

Yeah, check your local Targets. Dante's Inferno was a great deal and I probably would have bought a few if they would have had them...good game to sit on factory sealed at that price. Mine will be opened if I ever get caught up on my back log of games. Good luck at the Targets!

I just got back from checking actually. No luck, I asked if they could check if any stores have it in stock and they told me its sold out and no longer carried at every single Target in the county. :sad:

Ice Climber for GBA, $2.68. I am close to completing my classic NES series collection.

I have two cart only available if you need them: Metroid and Xevious

You know, I've never beaten Metroid, and Xevious kicks my ass every time! Please PM me your shipped price.

PM sent! :)

Well ,nothing to brag about but today i found for 2600, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Radar, Cookie Monster Munch, Big Bird Egg Hatch, and Alpha Beam With Ernie, all in mint condition , no Actiplaque.Still ones i didn't have so that's always cool. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rik

Well ,nothing to brag about but today i found for 2600, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Radar, Cookie Monster Munch, Big Bird Egg Hatch, and Alpha Beam With Ernie, all in mint condition , no Actiplaque.Still ones i didn't have so that's always cool. :thumbsup:

Nice finds, especially with Sorcerer's Apprentice...I need that one too. But, it's not a thrift find without telling the price! ;)

I was at the local salvation army and I found an atari 2600 MASH t-shirt (the one from the free t-shirt giveaway that says Games of the Century on the back).

It was only $0.50 Too bad it is extra small icon_frown.gif. It does complete the game nicely on my shelf tho!

Nice finds, especially with Sorcerer's Apprentice...I need that one too. But, it's not a thrift find without telling the price! ;)

Oh yeah, i forgot, i got all 5 for $10.00.

:-o :o :-o

:-o :o :-o

I just saw Sorcerer's apprentice at Ebay and it ranges from $6.99 to over $30.00 :?, what's it REALLY WORTH? BTW, wtf is up with the online rarity guide at digitpress?, It's either gone or offline.

Edited by Rik

BTW, wtf is up with the online rarity guide at digitpress?, It's either gone or offline.

That's not such a bad thing, the prices on their guide were way off for the most part. Especially Atari IIRC. There is a price guide at atari2600.com that is a bit better for 2600 carts.

However, something is only "worth" what someone is willing to pay for it so a completed search on ebay is pretty much what a game is worth right now.

BTW, wtf is up with the online rarity guide at digitpress?, It's either gone or offline.

That's not such a bad thing, the prices on their guide were way off for the most part. Especially Atari IIRC. There is a price guide at atari2600.com that is a bit better for 2600 carts.

However, something is only "worth" what someone is willing to pay for it so a completed search on ebay is pretty much what a game is worth right now.

Thanx for the headsup for a better rarity guide at Atari2600, i'll give it a try. :thumbsup:

I see it still there on the sidebar, between NAVA and Other Products.

Yeah but click on it, an error screen comes up saying rarity guide is temporarily not available, been like that for a long time, that's the case for me anyway.

I usually don't hit Game Stop up but my wife and kids were clothes shopping so I had to find something to do. So, I went to kill some time and ended up dropping 100 bucks. I had no intention but having been looking to beef up my Cube and DS collection but figured they had games in generic cases and the chances of one have the artwork, with the manual and then a disc that I can accept was slim. I found some pretty cool things at fair prices and have been sick of paying shipping online. Anyway, I did pay for their little club where I get the magazine and percentage off but it ended up only costing me a few bucks. The current issue they gave me has an interview with Nolan Bushnell that I started but haven't finished. Pretty cool bonus to get magazines with current games coming out and stuff. Plus, my games got cheaper!

I then hit my local record store that has games and got more games and the three CDs for $71 so spent a grand total of $171 which includes the crazy AZ Maricopa tax which blows. Also, everything that you see has a case is complete with all disc games in good shape, I make them open them so I can see the discs before buying. Most of these are for my personal collection, only a couple were bought to trade or sell off like Ogre Battle for 6 bucks. I also scored some Club Nintendo Points for my buddy because I've registred many of them :D

Here is what I found at both stores:

post-4103-130013513754_thumb.jpg post-4103-130013514505_thumb.jpg

I had changed a bunch of cases before the pics so the prices aren't on a lot but saved the receipts because I wouldn't have remembered everything. Here is a list. :)

GAME STOP

5.39 Tamagotchi Connection Corner 3 (this completes my set, I have one or two, kids like them!)

10.34 Sin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

10.34 Bejeweled Twist

5.39 Jake Hunter Decective Chronicles

5.39 Chibi-Robo Park Patrol

6.29 Puzzle Quest: Galactrix

4.49 Cosmic Family (has a coloring book with it that is nice and unused)

3.59 Major Minor's Majestic March

5.39 Blast Works: Build Trade & Destroy

4.49 Elebits

7.19 Pac-Man Fever

3.59 Catwoman

2.69 Dave Mirra Freestyle Bmx 2

2.69 Rocket Power: Beach Bandits

14.99 Reward Club to get the above games at the discount and a year's worth magazine

RECORD SHOP

6.99 Crass CD " Yes Sir, I Will" - OOP

5.99 Crass CD "10 Notes On A Summers Day" - OOP

2.99 Crass CD "Christ The Bootleg" - OOP

2.99 Pipe Mania

5.99 SSX Blur

5.99 Metal Gear Solid VR Missions

4.99 Dragon Ball GT Final Bout (I used my points on this one, it was 9.99)

8.99 Mario Tennis - CIB

1.99 FunPak 4-in-1 Gameboy Cart

6.99 Ogre Battle 64 - Nice Cart, Nice Instructions and a hard plastic N64 case

4.95 FIVE Misc GameGear Carts

6.00 FOUR Misc NES Carts

TAX - BOO! :thumbsdown:

14.25 :skull: Yeah, over 9% here!

I usually don't hit Game Stop up but my wife and kids were clothes shopping so I had to find something to do. So, I went to kill some time and ended up dropping 100 bucks. I had no intention but having been looking to beef up my Cube and DS collection but figured they had games in generic cases and the chances of one have the artwork, with the manual and then a disc that I can accept was slim. I found some pretty cool things at fair prices and have been sick of paying shipping online. Anyway, I did pay for their little club where I get the magazine and percentage off but it ended up only costing me a few bucks. The current issue they gave me has an interview with Nolan Bushnell that I started but haven't finished. Pretty cool bonus to get magazines with current games coming out and stuff. Plus, my games got cheaper!

I then hit my local record store that has games and got more games and the three CDs for $61 so spent a grand total of $161 which includes the crazy AZ Maricopa tax which blows. Here is what I found at both stores:

post-4103-130013513754_thumb.jpg post-4103-130013514505_thumb.jpg

I had changed a bunch of cases before the pics so the prices aren't on a lot but will be posting a list of what I spent on each item. I saved the receipts because I wouldn't have remembered everything. :)

HOLY GIANT PHOTOS BATMAN! :-o

I know man, I wish I knew how to fix that, you have no idea how much that bugs me! I think it's since I got this new camera, just not good with this stuff. Anyone know what I can do?

And, I was hoping most could be seen fairly well without clicking becuase it is almost comical how big it blows up to.