IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

LOL nah it's been there for a while and was very dirty.

I still can't believe this one (I believe it, but I can't believe it). Ever find anything else worthwhile out there? A wallet?

Let's see, what's new?

Vectrex with controller and 6 games, $25! First Vectrex I've seen in the "wild". Doesn't work. I guess it's too bright. Adjusting the brightness does not help, you can still see the traces and it has the horizontal lines for text. I'm going to attempt the capacitor replacement surgery.

Several Sega CD games for $2 (nothing rare). At that price I'll get them just if they have nice cases.

CDi beat to all heck, $5. Buttttt I got it for the included DVCart! Woohoo! Dragon's Lair, Space Ace!

PS2 Kingdom Hearts II, $5.

VGA Adapter for Dreamcast, $15 (had to get this combo'ed with another DC)

Sega Saturn Gun, Wheel, and Arcade Stick, all for $15.

I hit a little score last night, nothing too special but prices weren't bad. Just the local trade/pawn type place. I like the Mario Kart since it's complete but didn't want to pay $7....but I did. All of the gameboy games were 3 bucks each except the Titus Fox one was 2 bucks. :D

As always, PIC!! :thumbsup:

EDIT: I was just thinking that all of the original GB games will be available, just not the Mario Kart. If anyone sees anything and wants a "head start", just hit me up.

post-4103-0-39071400-1302185694_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Recent finds-

Genesis- Triple play(game and box)- $1.50, Ristar- $1.50, Mortal Kombat 3- $1.50, Super Hang-On- $1.50, Mario Lemeux Hockey- $1.50, Batman Forever- $1.50, and James Pond- Underwater agent- $1.50.

NES- Silent Service (CIB)- $1.99, Sky Shark- $2.99, Kung Fu- $2.50, and Total Recall- $2.99.

PS1- 007 Tomorrow Never Dies- $2.50, Madden 98 & 01 (Both in case) $2.50, Spec Ops Ranger Elite- $2.50, and March Madness 2001- $1.00

post-27726-0-57525200-1302211193_thumb.jpg

post-27726-0-41720400-1302211214_thumb.jpg

post-27726-0-62948100-1302211240_thumb.jpg

Last few days...

CIMG2109.jpg

Xbox 360 Tales of Vesperia, sealed-$8 at an Out of the Closet thrift.

PS1 Star Ocean-$4 at a little hole in the wall thrift.

PS2 Harvey Birdman and PS1 Parappa The Rapper (no poster)-$5.99 each at Goodwill.

CIMG2107.jpg

I like Salvation Army bric-a-brac. All of the discs are super clean.

wife spotted a psone lcd for $8 at the thrift. Still had the packing screen protector taped on.

also a few minutes ago I went to gamestop.com and picked up quite a few ps2 titles including midway treasures 3 (which I had been eying for twice the price on ebay). Shipping was free. They seem to be having an in-store sale too, which I'll have to check out tomorrow.

Edited by Reaperman

First off, Orangest - those were some killer deals! I love Harvey Birdman, have it for PS2 and almost bought it for Wii even though I knew it would be the same, LOL Great finds! :thumbsup:

As for me? I ran into one yard sale on the way to take my son to school and decided to check it out even though I didn't have any cash on me. I saw this Pirate looking thing but seems complete and in great shape. I've seen these Power-Joy things before but not for $1 and not usually with the extra cart thing either. I checked the website and it exists but doesn't seem right, just sponsors and stuff, maybe they got sued for whatever this thing is. I haven't plugged it in yet but it really doesn't look as it's been used.

I had no cash so I drove the quarter of a mile home, grabbed four quarters out of my change jar and went straight back. The girl had it back for me though and I didn't realize until I was leaving the second time that she's the girl from the clothing/thrift store I frequent for DVDs and games. She finally said something to me as I was leaving, I was wondering why she was so nice and sweet. 8)

PIRATE PIC TIME! :ahoy:

post-4103-0-75662000-1302281971_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-15603200-1302281978_thumb.jpg

I had to run back to the store I got all of the gameboy games I posted in the find above and was quite lucky. I couldn't believe when I walked up to the counter, he was just putting the prices on these. I mean, literally, just about to stick them on the shelf.

$3.99 each on these Saturn games and they are Nice my friends!! :thumbsup:

Albert Odyssey Legend of Eldean (COMPLETE)

Dragonheart: Fire & Steel (COMPLETE)

How about a couple pics? :)

post-4103-0-62442400-1302303239_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-87200600-1302303243_thumb.jpg

Double score for me! :D

avfamicomsuperfamicomjr.th.jpg

An A/V Famicom and a Super Famicom Jr. both 100% complete in their original boxes(and I really mean 100% complete, right down to the paperwork and plastic bags) and both consoles as well as their accessories are in PRISTINE condition. The Super Famicom Jr. and its pack-in controller have a few scuff marks on them, but it's nothing a little Windex won't remove.

Also got 33 Famicom cartridges, some legit, some pirated:

famicomcarts1.th.jpg

famicomcarts2.th.jpg

famicomcarts3.th.jpg

And 6 Super Famicom cartridges, only one of which I actually will play. :P

superfamicomcarts.th.jpg

The best part about this: I got both consoles off a local seller who put up an ad on the local classifieds for the A/V Famicom/Super Famicom Jr bundle.

Just one problem: one of the power supplies included was an NES power supply(EEK! Thankfully, the previous owner didn't use it on either console) and the power supply that originally came with the A/V Famicom is broken(I'm not surprised - it seems those power supplies are highly prone to failure when used on North American power outlets).

This whole lot set me back $300. I might have overpaid(maybe not 'cause the A/V Famicom and especially the Super Famicom Jr. sell for quite a bit of money), but hell, I'm VERY happy to finally own an A/V Famicom, and the Super Famicom Jr. is pretty much a bonus 'cause I was mostly interested in the A/V Famicom.

And here are the A/V Famicom and Super Famicom Jr. next to their North American counterparts, the Top-Loader NES and the Super NES Mini:

avfamicomtoploadernessu.th.jpg

Awesome. :cool:

Resale Axe? icon_wink.gif

My wife would be happy if I sell more than I keep for a change. Lots of hardware. More than 200 consoles I'd say. Just a guess. Many Jaguars and others. Guides, Games: PS1, DC, Genesis (some sealed!) and just a general mess horde of bin upon bin of cords and stuff. It will take a long while to look through. You could have an 8 table trade show offering with the amount of stuff. Didn't go through it at all, they guy was asking $1000 and took $600. It was in the wild and my wife gets the credit for spotting it (I WOULDN'T HAVE NOTICED!)

AX

First off, Orangest - those were some killer deals! I love Harvey Birdman, have it for PS2 and almost bought it for Wii even though I knew it would be the same, LOL Great finds! :thumbsup:

As for me? I ran into one yard sale on the way to take my son to school and decided to check it out even though I didn't have any cash on me. I saw this Pirate looking thing but seems complete and in great shape. I've seen these Power-Joy things before but not for $1 and not usually with the extra cart thing either. I checked the website and it exists but doesn't seem right, just sponsors and stuff, maybe they got sued for whatever this thing is. I haven't plugged it in yet but it really doesn't look as it's been used.

I had no cash so I drove the quarter of a mile home, grabbed four quarters out of my change jar and went straight back. The girl had it back for me though and I didn't realize until I was leaving the second time that she's the girl from the clothing/thrift store I frequent for DVDs and games. She finally said something to me as I was leaving, I was wondering why she was so nice and sweet. 8)

PIRATE PIC TIME! :ahoy:

post-4103-0-75662000-1302281971_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-15603200-1302281978_thumb.jpg

That's just a regular famicom cartridge BTW; probably the same one I got with my 2.00 power-joy. I play it on my NES sometimes. Nothing too great, a lot of common fami games, about half of which or more were released for the NES also, and one hack of SMB1 where you're a panda.

I've seen a few Power Joy carts. The one version (actually 2, a 30 and 60-in-1) that comes with N64-esque controller with built in light gun and detatchable player 2 controller contains game that has about the same replay value as porta-potty diving at a bean burrito convention. The other version (named PJ-008) with 84 games are all pirated NES games and is much more fun to play. They can also play most NES games if you find the obscure 72-pin game to 60-pin console adapter, most adapters are the other way around for Famicom carts on NES console.

Sadly my PJ (both models) won't play nice with PowerPak :/