IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Those Powerjoy carts do not seem to work in a real NES for me.

I had a 110 in 1 I believe. Could not get it to work on anything else except the system I bought it with.

Part of the problem could be that most of the time they are Famicom carts.

Edited by nightwheel

Finally got a chance to make it out to Flea World for the first time in a couple years and had a great day. All 8 bit carts were buy 2 get 1 free, and 2600 carts were all $1. I scored a couple of Data Age games I was missing, some US Games stuff, and a couple of Activision commons I was just missing for some reason.

hpim0209w.jpg

I picked up Shadowgate and Vindicators for the NES as well as two boxed/sealed 7800 games. Another booth had NES commons for $2/each, so I picked up couple of those.

hpim0207.jpg

Not pictured: loose Master System Choplifter, Hendrix Electric Ladyland documentary on DVD, and a couple CDs: Eric Johnson's "Ah Via Musicom" and Robin Trower's "Bridge of Sighs". About $40 total for the games, and the CDs/DVD were $5/each.

The local Flea Markets had their opening weekend and we had great weather! Lot's of vendors but sadly light on good deals.

There were lot's of the normal PS1, and PS2 systems and over priced X-Box setups with tons of sports titles.

I did manage to dig around and find a few good gems. Found an unopened Nintendo 64 Tilt Pak Rumble and Motion Sensing Pak for $2.00. This will stay unopened and on the wall. :-)

Found at one vendor: Ninja Gaiden, Demon Sword, and Cave Man Games, for $6.50. At another spot I found Hydlide, Xexys, and Trog for $5.00

Total spent $13.50. Not bad for the first weekend I guess. Still was unhappy to not see one 2600 game or system, and a big lack of the other Atari systems. It's early, I have faith. :D

Edited by Shephda

yea, not great. Hell of lots of them out on there though, those multicarts are probably (technically) the most common famicom cart in america because of all those power-joys.

Well I hope I can find one; I just picked a Power-joy up over the weekend too (the one with the light gun in it, but no second controller or ac adapter) and need something to test it out. Morgan

Well, my first find of the flea market season was pretty lackluster. The very first booth I came to had a cardboard box with an extreamly dirty 4-switch 2600 and a bunch of random game stuff. Guy said, "$30 for the box" so I caved and bought it. :roll:

Not the worst deal, except for the fact that most everything was pretty gross.

The box contained:

The aforementioned Atari, with 2 set of paddles, no joysticks. PS and 5-6 loose carts, including a very nice copy of Planet Patrol, much nicer than the one I had.

A complete SNES with 4 controllers, PS, AV cable, RF cable, no games

2 NES Zappers - one grey, one orange

Kirby's Adventure for NES, loose (new to me)

2 standard NES controllers

and a bunch of random power supplies and cords.

And this was the only game related thing worthwhile around.

:(

Well, my first find of the flea market season was pretty lackluster. The very first booth I came to had a cardboard box with an extreamly dirty 4-switch 2600 and a bunch of random game stuff. Guy said, "$30 for the box" so I caved and bought it. :roll:

Not the worst deal, except for the fact that most everything was pretty gross.

The box contained:

The aforementioned Atari, with 2 set of paddles, no joysticks. PS and 5-6 loose carts, including a very nice copy of Planet Patrol, much nicer than the one I had.

A complete SNES with 4 controllers, PS, AV cable, RF cable, no games

2 NES Zappers - one grey, one orange

Kirby's Adventure for NES, loose (new to me)

2 standard NES controllers

and a bunch of random power supplies and cords.

And this was the only game related thing worthwhile around.

:(

Not too bad man, if you clean up that SNES system and flip it, you will have it all paid for. The rest is free. ;)

I also have bought a large box like you are talking about but in my case, boxes. And, it was about $200, not $30, LOL! I will be working on getting rid of the 2600 commons from that deal for a while. That was a while back though, here is the current news for me....

I stopped by two spots last night and picked up quite a bit more. I have way too much stuff everywhere but just can't pass up the deals. :cool:

The PS2 game and the Zelda guide were from a used clothing store that my wife wanted to stop at. I usually just find a DVD or something there so she was happy to buy me the $5 worth of goodies. Also, the Sega Master games were marked 99 cents but I had some points and got them for 49 cents each, that's better than most yard sale prices. :D

post-4103-0-60532600-1302594512_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-98177800-1302594515_thumb.jpg

.49 - SMS Action Fighter (Complete)

.49 - SMS Miracle Warriors: Seal of The Dark Lord (Complete)

.49 - SMS Altered Beast (Complete)

.49 - SMS Y's: The Vanished Omens (Complete)

2.99 - SNES Frogger (Nice and Complete!)

2.99 - SNES Super Black Bass (Factory Sealed!)

2.99 - NES Exodus: Journey to The Promised Land

2.99 - NES Might & Magic: Secret of the Inner Sanctum

4.99 - GBA Breath of Fire II

6.99 - SNES Brandish (I got those ugly stickers off, it's nice now)

1.99 - GUIDE The Legend of Zelda Windwaker

2.99 - PS2 Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked (Complete)

about 3.00 - CRAZY MARICOPA COUNTY, AZ TAX

--------------------------------------------------

TOTAL SPENT = about $34

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I stopped by two spots last night and picked up quite a bit more. I have way too much stuff everywhere but just can't pass up the deals. :cool:

The PS2 game and the Zelda guide were from a used clothing store that my wife wanted to stop at. I usually just find a DVD or something there so she was happy to buy me the $5 worth of goodies. Also, the Sega Master games were marked 99 cents but I had some points and got them for 49 cents each, that's better than most yard sale prices. :D

post-4103-0-60532600-1302594512_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-98177800-1302594515_thumb.jpg

.49 - SMS Action Fighter (Complete)

.49 - SMS Miracle Warriors: Seal of The Dark Lord (Complete)

.49 - SMS Altered Beast (Complete)

.49 - SMS Y's: The Vanished Omens (Complete)

2.99 - SNES Frogger (Nice and Complete!)

2.99 - SNES Super Black Bass (Factory Sealed!)

2.99 - NES Exodus: Journey to The Promised Land

2.99 - NES Might & Magic: Secret of the Inner Sanctum

4.99 - GBA Breath of Fire II

6.99 - SNES Brandish (I got those ugly stickers off, it's nice now)

1.99 - GUIDE The Legend of Zelda Windwaker

2.99 - PS2 Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked (Complete)

about 3.00 - CRAZY MARICOPA COUNTY, AZ TAX

--------------------------------------------------

TOTAL SPENT = about $34

Damn dude, .49 for some Sega Master games is hell deal. NICE!

Edit: "hella" :D

Edited by Armonigann

Didn't intend to buy anything as I'm not really collecting anymore but I couldn't pass this up.

Not collecting anymore? Oh, it's always there...that's why you picked it up. :D

The hunt and the deals are too much fun to let go. Great deal by the way, especially nice that it's the "2". :thumbsup:

Japanese PlayStation games (disc and manual in plastic sleeves) for $4.99 each at Goodwill.

Saikyou no Igo: The Strongest Game of Go

Simple 1500 Vol. 1: The Mahjong

Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi

Myst

Intelligent Qube (luckily, I already have the US version)

What a weird find in the US, at a Goodwill too. Good one!

Hit up an op-shop that my friend works at earlier today.

Ended up grabbing:

NES (loose):

Bionic Commando,

Flinstones,

Tecmo WC Soccer,

Aussie Rules Footy,

Incredible Crash Dummies,

Jurassic Park,

Super Sprint (god-ugly cart)

NES (boxed):

Double Dragon III,

Ducktales,

Pinball Quest,

Super Spike V'Ball

2600 (loose):

Slot Machine,

Video Olympics,

2600 (boxed):

Othello,

Carnival,

SNES (boxed):

Alien 3,

Super Game Boy

As well as about 10 loose N64 titles, and 4 boxed (can't remember what I actually got...) @ $2 - $5 each.

Also grabbed two boxed Japanese Kirby GBA games. No idea what they are, but the boxes were shiny, and I'm a sucker for shiny things.

All up, AU$90 with a bit of a discount. Fun day...

Edited by eseles

kgrhqqokpme1qs2sevbbno3.jpg

Well it's not a thrift shop find, but a score all the same. (eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1905205783431?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=190520578343&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER])

$33 (shipped) for 32 ps1 games. There were bigger lots from the same seller, but I liked the games more in this one, there aren't many doubles, and most are new to me:

007: Tomorrow Never Dies, 2 Xtreme, Army Men 3D, Assault: Retribution, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, ATV: Quad Power Racing, Big Bass Fishing (x2), Boxing, Caesars Palace 2000, Colony Wars: Vengeance, Delta Force: Urban Warfare, Destruction Derby 2, Dragonball Z: Ultimate Battle 22, Formula 1: Championship Edition, Grand Theft Auto: London, M&M's: Shell Shocked, Madden NFL 98, MVP Sports Snowboarding, Nagano Winter Olympics '98, Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed, Nightmare Creatures, Pro Pinball: Big Race USA, Road Rash: Jailbreak, Sim City 2000, Small Soldiers, Sports Car GT (x2), The Land Before Time: Great Valley Racing Adventure, The Need for Speed, Tunnel B1, WarGames Defcon 1

kgrhqqokpme1qs2sevbbno3.jpg

Well it's not a thrift shop find, but a score all the same. (eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1905205783431?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=190520578343&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER])

$33 (shipped) for 32 ps1 games. There were bigger lots from the same seller, but I liked the games more in this one, there aren't many doubles, and most are new to me:

007: Tomorrow Never Dies, 2 Xtreme, Army Men 3D, Assault: Retribution, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, ATV: Quad Power Racing, Big Bass Fishing (x2), Boxing, Caesars Palace 2000, Colony Wars: Vengeance, Delta Force: Urban Warfare, Destruction Derby 2, Dragonball Z: Ultimate Battle 22, Formula 1: Championship Edition, Grand Theft Auto: London, M&M's: Shell Shocked, Madden NFL 98, MVP Sports Snowboarding, Nagano Winter Olympics '98, Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed, Nightmare Creatures, Pro Pinball: Big Race USA, Road Rash: Jailbreak, Sim City 2000, Small Soldiers, Sports Car GT (x2), The Land Before Time: Great Valley Racing Adventure, The Need for Speed, Tunnel B1, WarGames Defcon 1

Good deal. If you have any extras when I post mine for sale we could do some trading. I just bought a couple hundred PSX CIB titles, and after I keep one of each I don't have, the rest will be up for sale.

AX

good deal there reaperman! I didn't know good deals could still be found on ebay icon_ponder.gif

Oh yeah man, there are still good deals on ebay. Look for it on auction and snipe it, auctions go lower than buy it now's in my opinion. Also, look for big lots like this. Most of my 7800 collection came from ebay and at very reasonable prices...most in a big lot too.

Sometimes when I'm looking on ebay, I ask myself the following question:

"if I were at a yard sale or thrift shop, would I buy this at this price?" And, of course, I consider the shipping. A lot of times I do find myself finding better deals on ebay than people are trying to get for games at sales.

BTW, congrats on the PS1 find! :thumbsup:

Actually, I looked at the PS1 find again and if I were at a sale and they wanted 2 bucks each on them or they said I could have the whole box for a buck each, I would take it. As long as the discs are in good shape and that's something that does come into play with ebay vs. sales. At least you can personally check the stuff out before you buy it if it's local. Sometimes this is good, especially when disc based. Carts can be cleaned up with little effort.

I do look for sealed Cube games on ebay though, I just picked up a reasonably priced Alien Hominid to add to the collection but it will be hard to keep sealed. The kids love this one, although I do have it on PS2. I'm sure they will make some excuse to want to play it on the Wii though...

"I'm sure it will sound and maybe look better, Dad!" :lol:

Japanese PlayStation games (disc and manual in plastic sleeves) for $4.99 each at Goodwill.

Saikyou no Igo: The Strongest Game of Go

Simple 1500 Vol. 1: The Mahjong

Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi

Myst

Intelligent Qube (luckily, I already have the US version)

What a weird find in the US, at a Goodwill too. Good one!

I've had some interesting imported Goodwill finds though the years. :)

As for today...

CIMG2139.jpg

NES Arkanoid & Vaus controller (haven't been able to test it yet) and TG16 Splatterhouse-$10 total at a thrift.

Game Boy King James Bible-$4.99 at a Goodwill.