IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Another Craigslist jackpot!

Found an ad for an Amiga 500 with hard drive, mouse, and software.

Got it for $40.

The case of the 500 is broke but said to be in working condition. What all came with it is just astounding!

A500 with PS and mouse

GVP Series II Hard Drive. Not sure if there's RAM in yet or not.

External floppy drive

Extra Amiga\Atari mouse

Atari joystick

Tons (at least 200 disks) of loose floppies

Boxed software includes 6 AD&D titles by SSI, COMPLETE!

About 6 misc. titles complete and boxed

OS 2.1 with all the manuals

It feels like Christmas morning. :-)

I've had some interesting imported Goodwill finds though the years. :)

As for today...

CIMG2139.jpg

NES Arkanoid & Vaus controller (haven't been able to test it yet) and TG16 Splatterhouse-$10 total at a thrift.

Game Boy King James Bible-$4.99 at a Goodwill.

Splatterhouse (or just about any TG-16) is a damn fine thrift find. But the arkanoid controller is what really does it for me. King James too. Splatterhouse is rare in the wild, and I'd snap it right up too, but the others :lust: .

You will probably never believe it, but I found a TurboGraphics with Splatterhouse and a half-dozen other games just lying out in the street in St. Louis one day. Works great!

It's a nice little system--I'll be honest, I had never heard of it, and it surprised me to find it (almost as if it had just been pitched from a car window in a grocery bag).

None of the games are my particular cup of tea. Don't really know if I will keep it or put it up on Ebay...been hanging on to it for a few years now.

UPDATE:

Here's what games it had:

Legendary Axe with case and insert

Alien Crush with case and insert

Takin' it to the Hoop with case and insert

Splatterhouse with case and insert

Keith Courage in Alpha zones with case and insert

Then it had the following manuals (no cases or games):

Victory Run

Space Harriers

Blazing Lazers

Would you sell your copy of Splatter House? If so how much would you want?

These are some finds from various places from the local record shop to Game Stop. The thing that pissed me off about my Game Stop find was that the price sticker on Rule of Rose looks like $9.99 but they said the sticker got cut off and that the "1" was missing so it was really $19.99. I asked if they would honor the price the game states but you guys know them, that wasn't happening. But, I wanted it so grabbed it anyway. PTO IV was a much better deal! I also scored a brand new, sealed Donkey Kong Country Returns guide in the clearance bin...it was normally $20 but got it half off for $10. My daughter is so excited, she is having trouble finding some of the puzzle pieces and other things.

I believe you can see the prices on most things in the pics. Many of the N64 titles were bought because I have a few systems to sell and wanted games to put with them so 99 cents wasn't too bad.

post-4103-0-74521600-1303506894_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-99243800-1303506863_thumb.jpg

post-4103-0-65620900-1303507347_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Currently in Idaho visiting family, (and my mom, who is buried in Emmett, about a 1/2 hour out of Boise) and I had some time to go searching around...

0422111009011.jpg

The Tetris DS with manual ($5), PS1 Alone in the Dark: One-Eyed Jack's Revenge ($2), Xbox Mega Man Anniversary Collection, GameCube Preview Disc and Naruto 4: (3 for $15 deal) were found at a pawn shop. Yeah, I'd like to know how the import Naruto wound up in Boise myself.

The label-less 2600 Apollo game was $.99 at another pawn shop. I realize a monogrammed Spacechase may be too much to ask. ;)

Currently in Idaho visiting family, (and my mom, who is buried in Emmett, about a 1/2 hour out of Boise) and I had some time to go searching around...

The Tetris DS with manual ($5), PS1 Alone in the Dark: One-Eyed Jack's Revenge ($2), Xbox Mega Man Anniversary Collection, GameCube Preview Disc and Naruto 4: (3 for $15 deal) were found at a pawn shop. Yeah, I'd like to know how the import Naruto wound up in Boise myself.

The label-less 2600 Apollo game was $.99 at another pawn shop. I realize a monogrammed Spacechase may be too much to ask. ;)

If that Cube Preview Disc is in nice shape and you are looking to move it, let me know. I'm interested in that one, maybe I'll shoot you a PM quick.

You will probably never believe it, but I found a TurboGraphics with Splatterhouse and a half-dozen other games just lying out in the street in St. Louis one day. Works great!

It's a nice little system--I'll be honest, I had never heard of it, and it surprised me to find it (almost as if it had just been pitched from a car window in a grocery bag).

None of the games are my particular cup of tea. Don't really know if I will keep it or put it up on Ebay...been hanging on to it for a few years now.

UPDATE:

Victory Run

Space Harriers

Blazing Lazers

Honestly, hadn't thought about selling it separately from the rest of the unit, as I thought it might be better to sell the entire lot together. I'm not saying I'm opposed to the idea, but I hate selling a single game without selling the rest.

UPDATE:

Victory Run

Space Harriers

Blazing Lazers

Honestly, hadn't thought about selling it separately from the rest of the unit, as I thought it might be better to sell the entire lot together. I'm not saying I'm opposed to the idea, but I hate selling a single game without selling the rest.

Its ok. :) Good luck with the sell! Since its a TG16 you should have no trouble finding a buyer.

Managed to find a 32x today for only a $1 (no cable unfortunately). Didn't work at first, but after opening it, one of the ribbon cables was unplugged for unknown reasons. Works great now with my ghetto/redneck rig

Right now I just have the video lines hooked up:

post-19797-0-23980100-1303680600_thumb.jpg

post-19797-0-81090000-1303680748_thumb.jpg

No way I'm spending $22+ for a small cable like that! :D

I went to some yard sales on Saturday with my son and we had fun but there weren't many going on. I believe it was because it being Easter Weekend. But, we did hit some sales and I found some interesting things. These are also some finds from a used clothing store and a record store. My son found a big bag of Lego's for 4 bucks at a yard sale so he was happy with that. Here is what I found:

post-4103-0-26510200-1303772367_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-39511500-1303772337_thumb.jpg

post-4103-0-26054500-1303772344_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-38510900-1303772354_thumb.jpg

A list and prices coming soon but my favorite find was Galaxian for the ColecoVision for 99 cents!

2n0qaz5.jpg

Another couple games. These ran 2-3 dollars a piece. I found these in a pawn shop down in the ghetto. When I walked in there was a couple feet of space, then the rest of the store was behind bullet proof glass. To go back there, you had to wait for them to unlock the door. It was funny because they asked what I was looking for, then their next question was "are you carrying a concealed weapon"? icon_laughingblue.gif

People these days icon_rolleyes.gif

I went to some yard sales on Saturday with my son and we had fun but there weren't many going on. I believe it was because it being Easter Weekend. But, we did hit some sales and I found some interesting things. These are also some finds from a used clothing store and a record store. My son found a big bag of Lego's for 4 bucks at a yard sale so he was happy with that. Here is what I found:

post-4103-0-73353100-1303781699_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-34395700-1303781722_thumb.jpg

post-4103-0-40044800-1303781674_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-09131600-1303781685_thumb.jpg

Here is a list and prices, my favorite find was Galaxian for the ColecoVision for 99 cents! :thumbsup:

$4.99 DVD SET - DA ALI G SHOW: THE COMPLEETE SEEREEZ (4-Disc Set in Nice Shape)

$1.99 DVD - OLIVER TWIST (For my extensive XMAS DVD collection)

$1.49 GENESIS - SHADOW BLASTERS (Complete and Nice!)

$8.99 GAMECUBE - FIRE EMBLEM: PATH OF RADIANCE (Complete, Nice and needed for my personal Cube collection)

$1.50 NES - KID KOOL

$1.50 NES - BAD NEWS BASEBALL

$0.99 GBA - ULTIMATE CARD GAMES

$0.99 GBA - ELF BOWLING 1 & 2

:o $0.99 COLECOVISION - GALAXIAN

$0.99 COLECOVISION - CENTIPEDE

$0.99 GB - CATRAP

$0.99 GB - STARHAWK or STAR HAWK ?

$0.25 BOOK - THE WORLD OF M.C. ESCHER (Very Neat!)

$0.25 VHS - ANNE OF GREEN GABLES: THE SEQUEL (NEW, Factory Sealed, 2 Video Set)

$0.25 VHS - ANNE OF GREEN GABLES: THE CONTINUING STORY (NEW, Factory Sealed, 2 Video Set)

$0.50 XBOX 360 - BLUE DRAGON (NEW and Factory Sealed!)

$2.00 PS1 - RAYMAN: BRAIN GAMES (Complete)

$2.00 PS1 - CHOCOBO RACING (Complete)

$1.00 PS1 - LUNAR SILVER STAR STORY COMPLETE (Not in good shape, the discs are in bad shape and the "Disc 1" and the "Soundtrack" both were cracked, the "Making Of" and "Disc 2" look pretty good but I thought the case and artwork were worth a buck...they had it marked $2 but showed them the problems and asked if I could have it for $1)

$1.00 PLAYING CARDS - THE HULK (New and Factory Sealed!)

$1.00 PLAYING CARDS - G.I. JOE VS. COBRA (New and Factory Sealed!)

$0.25 TWO JACK IN THE BOX ANTENNA BALLS (The New Year's 2000 Ball is New and Factory Sealed, the other is loose but neat!)

$0.50 FIVE MISC. BUTTONS with 2 THE PINK PANTHER'S, SOME OLDER LOOKING MCDONALD ONE, A BETTY BOOP and HARD ROCK CAFE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$34 TOTAL FOR ALL SHOWN, a few items were taxed because they were bought at a local record store so maybe about $2 more really. Almost everything shown was from yard sales.

Not too bad, I'm happy because Galaxian for Coleco is worth about $30+ by itself...the rest would be free! :D

STMOAtari, very nice finds!

Thanks a lot, Galaxian for the ColecoVision was hell of a find and I was really happy with the GameCube game because I need that one and have been looking for it. Fire Emblem fits quite nicely in my collection...I think it's either title number 105 or 110 for my Cube collection. :thumbsup:

A lot of the items shown are for sale or trade so if anyone sees something they would like, just PM me. Thanks again!

PS2 Slim Black, $8

PS2 HDD, $14 (Are these good for anything? Obviously not for a Slim... :( )

Sailor Moon Season 1 Blue Box DVD (no scratches on any of the disks!), $10 (yeah, yeah, I eBay'ed that one; I just had a hunch ~$100!)

Sega CD (Model 2) & Sega 32X with all cables, $25.

Xbox Pirates Legend of Black Kat, $3.

Genesis Micro Machines, $3.

If you have second thoughts on keeping it, I wouldn't mind spending $22 on a cable for that :)

I'll more than likely use it and an extra Genesis I have to make a Neptune, but I'll keep your offer in mind!

Found a PS2 yesterday for $4. Of course it's a 30001 model so it doesn't read discs. Hopefully a bit of cleaning and adjustments will get it running.

Here's to 10000 more finds!

post-19797-0-17717400-1303817188_thumb.jpg

Edited by SEgamer