IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Had a great find at the Koby swap meet today. Two sealed Jaguar games, Cannon Fodder and Missile Command 3D, $20 apiece. Also picked up Jungle Hunt for 2600 for a buck.

post-28757-0-99485900-1314473119_thumb.jpg

Cannon Fodder is one of my all time favorite games. Love that begin tune.

Picked up a original brick game boy with a nuby power adapter and 8 games all carts only;

Super Mario Land

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

Wario Land : Super Mario Land 3

Kirby's Pinball Land

Pac in Time

Ms. Pac-man

Tetris 2

Jungle Book

For 12,50 euro

I don't understand sealed games. It's like a chastity belt. You guys WANT that?

If you have another copy, then whatever

Nope which exactly why I opened them. :P

Sadly it doesn't work, it red screens on start up. :(

Edited by A_Locomotive

Exactly why you should have kept it sealed.

Sealed = More value. I just can't bring myself to ruin it. If I can't play another copy, flash cart it, or whatever... I have to locate a play copy, or sell it off in the event that it is worth too much to obtain an open copy without having the finds from the sealed one. Point... still in the case... (ba rump bump bump) My Peir Solar... I want to play it in the worst way. A few people have offered to provide what I need so I can everdrive it. It is one of those items I'd never want to open, and never want to sell unless I had to in a tragedy situation.

AX

Exactly why you should have kept it sealed.

Sealed = More value. I just can't bring myself to ruin it. If I can't play another copy, flash cart it, or whatever... I have to locate a play copy, or sell it off in the event that it is worth too much to obtain an open copy without having the finds from the sealed one. Point... still in the case... (ba rump bump bump) My Peir Solar... I want to play it in the worst way. A few people have offered to provide what I need so I can everdrive it. It is one of those items I'd never want to open, and never want to sell unless I had to in a tragedy situation.

AX

For me though I don't see the point in collecting sealed games, if I can't enjoy it whats the point. Yeah they were worth more sealed but not to me, I buy games to play them not as an investment. I suppose at the very least I got a box out of it so I can track down a loose working copy of cannon fodder now to fill it. Though I'd rather not do that if there is anyway to get it working. I do want to look into flash carts though, especially for my 2600 as I really am running short on space to store games as is and since its not exactly hard to find 2600 carts for cheap I could easily use up a ton of shelf space, my current games are all being stored in a box in my closet(same box you shipped them to me in fact. :P).

Haha, I love going out and finding stuff like this!

Went to a local store today. Found 5 2600 games, all in good shape, no boxes or manuals (natch), but still. All of them are rarity 4, and one rarity 5. All for 2 bucks each! Sweet!

Radar Lock

Sentinel

Sprintmaster

Alpha Beam With Ernie

Deadly Duck

Been awhile since I posted here....

picked up a couple of nice complete games at Goodwill for $1.79 each.

These are in really nice shape too.

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile for PS1, complete

Sonic Adventure for DC, not greatest hits edition, complete.....

Not too bad....

Wow, when you pick up a PS1 game, you really pick up a gem.

AX

Nothing spectacular but I finally found a Mario Kart 64. I'm not a HUGE N64 collector but this is one I've been wanting but it seems loose on ebay they go for $15 - $20. Little surprised since its such a common game. Seems to me N64 games are spiking in price big time right now.

Anyway, got mine for $3.99 at Value Village so I'm happy about that :)

I took another trip to Arizona this past weekend, which of course means... Bookmans!

post-6115-0-16319200-1314755891_thumb.jpg

I freakin' love this store. We actually ended up going to three different locations, in Glendale, Mesa and Flagstaff (we drove a lot), and I found something to buy at every location. None of these titles are particularly rare, but they're more than what you find on the typical thrift store run. I've always been happy with Bookmans' prices, usually about half of what you'd pay at any other chain. I was especially happy to find Half-Life, which I've been interested in playing ever since finishing Portal 2 (I know, completely different story and Half-Life isn't supposed to be funny, but I'm still interested), and the CiB Virtua Racing has been on my wish list ever since I decided I shouldn't have sold off my original cartridge. Not pictured is Tournament Cyberball for the Atari Lynx. Yep, Bookmans even caters to Atari fans. One of the locations had a big box full of Atari and Coleco carts, but sadly there was nothing I needed.

I seriously want this store to come to Houston, but maybe it's best it doesn't. Every time I've gone I've spent a bundle.

Edited by FujiSkunk

I was especially happy to find Half-Life, which I've been interested in playing ever since finishing Portal 2 (I know, completely different story and Half-Life isn't supposed to be funny, but I'm still interested),

Give it about an hour before you make a decision. The intro is without question extremely boring, but once it's out of the way the game is a lot of fun.

This is kind of stange, but....I went to pick-your-own apples with the kids yesterday, and at the orchard they have a small Antiques Barn. Mixed in with the antique bottles, and old Life Magazines was this.....for $3.

Fighterstick.jpg

I always tell my wife to be on the look out, because you find the strangest things at the weirdest places.

Edited by Bartsfam

This is kind of stange, but....I went to pick-your-own apples with the kids yesterday, and at the orchard they have a small Antiques Barn. Mixed in with the antique bottles, and old Life Magazines was this.....for $3.

Fighterstick.jpg

I always tell my wife to be on the look out, because you find the strangest things at the weirdest places.

I left my Virtual Boys and a few other game items in a barn 40 miles from anywhere in Virginia. I'll never go back there. It should be a fun find for someone.

AX

I took another trip to Arizona this past weekend, which of course means... Bookmans!

post-6115-0-16319200-1314755891_thumb.jpg

I freakin' love this store. We actually ended up going to three different locations, in Glendale, Mesa and Flagstaff (we drove a lot), and I found something to buy at every location. None of these titles are particularly rare, but they're more than what you find on the typical thrift store run. I've always been happy with Bookmans' prices, usually about half of what you'd pay at any other chain. I was especially happy to find Half-Life, which I've been interested in playing ever since finishing Portal 2 (I know, completely different story and Half-Life isn't supposed to be funny, but I'm still interested), and the CiB Virtua Racing has been on my wish list ever since I decided I shouldn't have sold off my original cartridge. Not pictured is Tournament Cyberball for the Atari Lynx. Yep, Bookmans even caters to Atari fans. One of the locations had a big box full of Atari and Coleco carts, but sadly there was nothing I needed.

I seriously want this store to come to Houston, but maybe it's best it doesn't. Every time I've gone I've spent a bundle.

I live in Phoenix and have been to Bookmans many times. The best Atari cart I've found there was a Ghost Manor single ender for 50 cents. I once picked up a sealed Demon Attack for the Odyssey 2 which I really wasn't interested in so put it up on ebay. It's a pretty cool store even though they did kick me out once for taking my laptop and looking games up on ebay LOL! They advertise free Wi-Fi so I didn't think it would be a problem. But, they had a fit and when I told them what I thought of it and refused to leave, they called the cops. So, I'm not welcome back at that location but they have one in Mesa.

They actually used to be a lot cheaper on games a few years ago but at some point they started looking everything up on the internet so the deals were harder to find.

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Star Wars Trilogy DVD $9

Star Wars Trilogy VHS $3

Gameshark Pro V3.0 - Playstation $11.99 ebay(I forgot to put in it..so no pic)

Super 12 in 1 Game Gear/Bare Knuckle 2 Mega Drive (Asian version) $8

Soul Calibur 4 T-Shirt XL - $5

Grim Reaper Shirt from a friend back east (also not pictured)

PS2 Network Adapter + Start Up Disc - Traded 2 SNES Games

Mr Deeds/Star Wars Trilogy Bonus Material - $3 Eco Thrift

The Story of Star Wars $2

Madonna Tapes - Free

005-1.jpg

Just got back from a little vacation. While I was gone, I had the chance to do a bit of game hunting. I think I made out pretty well.

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

The Recca is by far the coolest thing I bought and was the most expensive by a good margin. But it's a mint copy that is absolutely complete and makes a great memento of my trip. I was also able to fill in a lot of holes in my shmup and light gun collections along with some other unusual stuff.

Y's 1 & 2 for DS. Box was very ratty but it was complete with sound track CD, manual, and game.

$1 on account of ratty looking box. I <3 Goodwill employees who don't know the real value.

Also a boxed Netgear Rangemax N300 complete for $9 :D now if I can set that outside with extension cable and run wired cable to my router inside the house, I could use my laptop around the pond.

Edited by Uzumaki

Rescued a pink DSlite from the hanging baggies of toys yesterday for $15. Works great, battery holds a charge, just needs a stylus and pink rumble pack for the bottom (both oredered). Had to remove the pony sticker from the front though. Pink systems always seem to be in great physical condition, supporting a vast array of stereotypes.

I think I found the source of all of those pet-related DS titles that I passed on last week. Not surprisingly, most of them were still there.

Edited by Reaperman