IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

17qnis.jpg

I'll admit, I don't know jack about arcade cabinets, but I saw an add for this Kangaroo arcade on Craigslist for $175. It needs a new fluorescent light, but regardless I couldn't pass it up. Nobody ever talks about how much of a pain in the ass it is to get these things home though. Still worth it.

Does anyone have any tips on cleaning the side of the cabinet? Mild soap and water isn't enough for some spots. :ponder:

Maybe try some diluted Simple Green?

I can offer you one piece of advice. Please keep that Kangaroo a Kangaroo. Do not install one of those 60-in-1 boards and hack up the control panel. That game looks to be in decent shape with complete side art, a collectable. I know people who would have paid 4x that you did for a complete dedicated Kangaroo. Enjoy it!

• Like 1

I can offer you one piece of advice. Please keep that Kangaroo a Kangaroo. Do not install one of those 60-in-1 boards and hack up the control panel. That game looks to be in decent shape with complete side art, a collectable. I know people who would have paid 4x that you did for a complete dedicated Kangaroo. Enjoy it!

No worries my only plans are to replace the T-molding and fluorescent light in the marquee. It shall forever remain a kangaroo :) .

PSP 2000: Black, w/ case, car adapter, 4 crap movies, 1 Sponge Bob game.

The guy said $90. Then $80. Then asked how much would I pay. I didn't really want one. "You're not gunna like it--$25." $30? Sold.

5200: Zaxxon very minty $5.

PS1: long box Wing Commander III $5. All there, scratch free.

NES: Qix $3.

Game Cube: Zelda 4 Swords "Players Choice" version $4.

Xbox 360: w/ harddrive and power box. $25. Took a gamble. Had the flashing green power light problem. Turns out it thought the DVD tray was always open. I was able to fix it. :) So far no RRoD.

My dad stopped at the Goodwill today for me when he was nearby. He got some nice stuff.

Everything was 1.99 each!

Genesis:

Paperboy 2 CIB

Clue CIB

Desert Demolition Starring Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote CIB

Garfield Caught In the Act CIB

32X:

NFL Quarterback Club CIB

NBA Jam Tournament Edition CIB

I don't have a 32X and will not be getting one any time soon so I am going to pay my dad back with the money I get from the game store if they take the 32X games.

Not video game related, but fascinating just the same...

post-3233-0-85917600-1316744266_thumb.jpg

The Goodwill near my gf's place in Redondo Beach had 3 copies of Medium, Rare and Remastered and 2 copies of Duals. These were U2.com fan club only releases. Thing is, I previously found single copies of the fan club releases COMmunication and Artifical Horizon at the same Goodwill months earlier...

I don't have a 32X and will not be getting one any time soon so I am going to pay my dad back with the money I get from the game store if they take the 32X games.

I don't think you'll have great luck trading those in, unless it's a particularly enlightened game store. The fact that they're 32X games and sports games is really a one-two punch.

I theoretically need NFL Quarterback Club for my 32X set and would be willing to trade for it, but can't quite bring myself to actually spend money on a football game. :D NBA Jam is worth around $5-6, I think, and NFL Quarterback Club maybe $4; you'll sometimes see them for more, sometimes less -- someone was selling NQC 32X for $1.00 recently, but they were in Canada so shipping would've outweighed the deal for me.

Edited by thegoldenband

My dad stopped at the Goodwill today for me when he was nearby. He got some nice stuff.

Genesis:

Paperboy 2 CIB

Clue CIB

32X:

NFL Quarterback Club CIB

Yeah, you will do better selling them on Atari Age. Someone would take that for $10 shipped-ish for the pair. Local, you may get $2 total if LUCKY.

AX

Found the following seven loose 2600 carts at a local consignment shop this afternoon for $20 total:

Montezuma's Revenge

Frogger

Combat (01 combat text # label)

Space Invaders (text label)

Moon Patrol

Asteroids (LOL has a 99 cent Goodwill price tag on it, haven't seen those kind of prices for 2600 carts at Goodwill since 1996-1997)

E.T.

They also had a 4 switch 2600 Woody w/power supply and two joysticks for $69.99...which I passed on. This place usually has a shoe box full of 2600 carts, all priced from $5 to $10 each. She must not have checked eBay on that Montezuma's Revenge cartridge or it would have had a $25+ price tag on it.

Genesis:

Paperboy 2 CIB

Clue CIB

32X:

NFL Quarterback Club CIB

Jr. Pac?

Picked up an Atari Jaguar CD, complete Blue Lightning, and complete Memory Track Unit. Also picked up Cosmic Conflict and Showdown in 2100 AD for Odyssey 2, both complete. Paid a total of about 120, so I think I did okay.

Nice find, where did you find it, swap meet, thrift store, garage sale? I've recently been thinking about buying a refurb Jag CD from best electronics.

I got it at a local Denver game store called Level 7 Games. I've known those guys awhile and they've always treated me right.

I'll second that with Level 7 Games. They've got two locations, have always been very helpful to me. I'll go to them first for particular gaming needs before I hit the other independents in town.