IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Well garage sales are back and so am I. I went to a craigslist garage sale ad on a whim even though it was raining. For $50 I was not disappointed. The games you can't see because of the glare are Yoshi's Story and Mario Party.

6886425116_e9a8b4b425_b.jpg

6886425182_474aa943de_b.jpg

7032521169_dcb303ed16_b.jpg

wow, thats a great find. those games are mint
  • Like 1

Past 3 months

2 Sony Walkmans. 5 Cassette Tapes - $4 Thrift Store

Phone Case $0.48 Eco Thrift

3 Blank Cassette Tapes $1

Small Phone Case $0.11 Eco Thrift

Headphones $1 Eco Thrift (Non Pictured)

AM/FM Stereo (Tape doesn't work..only need it for the TurnTable) $8.03 Eco Thrift

Aiwa AM/FM walkman - Lionel Richie Can't Slow Down/Flashdance $4 Goodwll

Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1/Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits - SNES Not Pictured)($9.95 Ebay

Sonic Riders $2.99 Goodwill (Non Pictured)

Sonic Mega Collection $5 thrift store (Non Pictured)

Katy Perry Teenage Dream $21 Record Vinyl Solution Records

3 Cassette Tapes/1 Record $11 Vinyl Solution Records

Sega Game Gear with AC $3 Works like a Charm

5 33’s/ 4 45’s $14

Another Sony Walkman. Doesn’t work right

Phone Case $2 Eco Thrift

CD Case $3 Eco Thrift

Canon Camera Case $3 Eco Thrift

6 CD's - Debbie Gibson $1.99 Thrift Center/ other 5 came from NA for $8 shipped Non Pictured is MJ History 2 CD's

Sega CD 2 Plate/MK3/Space Invaders/Indy 500(Non Pictured) $9 shipped

002-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

006.jpg

008-1.jpg

Picked up 5 GB games and 1 GBA games at a convention this week for $10 total, from a Play-N-Trade booth. Most of the booths there were insanely overpriced for anything Nintendo ($70 for a loose cart of Super Mario RPG!), but the GB stuff was quite reasonable.

Unfortunately, I also found out -- or rather, confirmed -- that all of the Play-N-Trades near me, which were owned by the same guy, have now closed. :( I used to buy GB games there at five carts for $5, though I was starting to pick their stock clean of the good stuff (at least the GB/GBC and Game Gear carts).

CIMG3372.jpg

DS Pokemon HeartGold Version-$15 at a pawn shop.

Jet Grind Radio music sampler-$2 at a thrift.

CIMG3374.jpg

Genesis Scooby Doo Mystery (complete), NES Gargoyle's Quest II and Baby Boomer-$4.50 each at a thrift.

CIMG3375.jpg

Zelda OOT Prima strategy guide with exclusive EB Games cover-$1.99 at a thrift.

CIMG3377.jpg

Microsoft Developer Network Subscription binder from 1999. A few of the Office Test Platform & Development Tools and Development Platform discs are missing, but there's still around 50 discs worth. $2.99 at the same thrift where I found the Zelda OOT guide.

A clear Gameboy pocket in near perfect condition for $1

a see through Gameboy pocket for $1

a LE Pokemon Gold/Silver Gameboy color close to mint for $1 with Madden NFL 2001

a Genesis model 2 for $2

Sonic the hedgehog,Mortal kombat,Shining in the darkness,Evander holyfield's real deal boxing,and Sports talk football all for $4

Just got back from Play N Trade looking for Resident Evil Zero, and they had Gunstar Heroes loose for only $8 for some reason. Even the cashier was confused.

Needless to say, I'm about to pop it in my Genny and hope it's not DOA or something.

Yeah, I don't know. I remember about a year ago or so, I overheard this guy at a different shop talking about how bad Genesis stuff was doing, but the market always has its ups and downs.

Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll happen across a copy of Pirates Gold. Though I really do prefer my Gen games to be CIB, and PNT rarely has boxes for carts.

Edited by Asaki

Been awhile since I bragged but I had a good score today. Wife had her annual yardsale today and we ended it around 2 p.m. We decided to hit a few yardsales and turned on to Clinton Rd. (Yardsale Road). I look to my left and see a guy on a lawnmower pulling a trailor with a arcade cab on it. I do a double take and see it is a Terminator 2 Judgement Day Cab (my favorite arcade shooter). I whip the Jeep around and pull up as the guy was taking it off the trailer. I asked him what he was doing with it. He said it was FREE to whoever wanted it. I told him I'd go get my truck and he said he would watch it. Went back up the road and grabbed the truck. Loaded my free T2 on it and thanked the man. Best part is the cab works (minus one gun that will fire but wont track onscreen). The cab is in excellent shape and the monitor looks good. Best part for me is that this cab might be the same one I played on at the local mall arcade (Galaxy)

Edited by Ghost Soldier

Been awhile since I bragged but I had a good score today. Wife had her annual yardsale today and we ended it around 2 p.m. We decided to hit a few yardsales and turned on to Clinton Rd. (Yardsale Road). I look to my left and see a guy on a lawnmower pulling a trailor with a arcade cab on it. I do a double take and see it is a Terminator 2 Judgement Day Cab (my favorite arcade shooter). I whip the Jeep around and pull up as the guy was taking it off the trailer. I asked him what he was doing with it. He said it was FREE to whoever wanted it. I told him I'd go get my truck and he said he would watch it. Went back up the road and grabbed the truck. Loaded my free T2 on it and thanked the man. Best part is the cab works (minus one gun that will fire but wont track onscreen). The cab is in excellent shape and the monitor looks good. Best part for me is that this cab might be the same one I played on at the local mall arcade (Galaxy)

Fantastic, welcome to the arcade club. I was just looking at some of the XXXX-in-one sites that had a gun game multi-board. Arcade machines are great. I hope you post some picks, and work on it. Would love to hear progress and updates on repairs. :)

I don't know how I keep finding Colecovision games out in the wild, but I do. Last night at a used games/music/book store they had a box of Atari and CV carts that I picked through to find these gems:

Rocky Super Action Boxing

River Raid

Beamrider

Spy Hunter

The Dukes of Hazzard

Zengi

Up N Down

Roc'n Rope

Bump n Jump

Gateway to Apshai

Root Beer Tapper

Illusions

Q-bert

Spectron

Star Trek SOS

WarGames

Gyruss

Defender

Now some of the labels are a little rough and they all need a good cleaning, but I couldn't complain for ONE DOLLAR A PIECE! Oh, wait, I forgot, they were buy 5 get one free too! So the whole batch was only $15. :)

• Like 1

I don't know how I keep finding Colecovision games out in the wild, but I do. Last night at a used games/music/book store they had a box of Atari and CV carts that I picked through to find these gems:

Rocky Super Action Boxing

River Raid

Beamrider

Spy Hunter

The Dukes of Hazzard

Zengi

Up N Down

Roc'n Rope

Bump n Jump

Gateway to Apshai

Root Beer Tapper

Illusions

Q-bert

Spectron

Star Trek SOS

WarGames

Gyruss

Defender

Now some of the labels are a little rough and they all need a good cleaning, but I couldn't complain for ONE DOLLAR A PIECE! Oh, wait, I forgot, they were buy 5 get one free too! So the whole batch was only $15. :)

I hate you. :P