IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

A pair of ColecoVision collections are among my best finds in the wild, but both of them were years ago... shoot, probably over a decade ago. In one batch I found a console with controllers, two power adapters, the 2600 expansion console, lots of games and manuals for both systems, and even a pair of super controllers. Sadly both power bricks were dead, but everything else worked fine. The other find was a batch of Coleco manuals. No cartridges to go with them, unfortunately, but still a nice set that filled many holes in my list.

But yeah, nothing so much lately. I think my last Coleco find was a single cartridge a couple of years back, Lady Bug if I'm not mistaken.

And that was a great find, SRGilbert. Congrats!

Edited by FujiSkunk

How much pink slime?

:rolling: in this case it was in store made at a location that buys local beef. This is the store I mentioned in the pink slim threads as being more bland and going bad quicker since there is no preservatives or additives. Tastes great when smokey with pepper.

If that's the case, I hope you have a huge freezer and cleaned them out!

How much pink slime?

:rolling: in this case it was in store made at a location that buys local beef. This is the store I mentioned in the pink slim threads as being more bland and going bad quicker since there is no preservatives or additives. Tastes great when smokey with pepper.

If that's the case, I hope you have a huge freezer and cleaned them out!

Was able to get 25lbs of the burger and 10lb of round steak. The wife is making patties and freezing them now :)

Also hit 5 yard sales, 2 parking lot sales, 2 flea markets, and a church. NO VIDEO GAMES WHAT-SO-EVER. Went to goodwill and got SNES SMW and MKII for $2.99 each, various cords, and a Saturn controller for 99 cents. Found a nutrition store some guy at a flea market told me had video games in his back room. Turned out to be the store where the some guy worked. Got two N64 decks each with jump pack, power, and video but no controllers, plus goldeneye cart for $20 total. Fairly lousy for game huntin' but nice weather day.

I got to do some pretty good shopping Saturday, but no deals really. After a few yard sales, I stopped at a small flea market. I found a table with some PS!, XBOX, and 360 games. I picked up Soulblade for $2 from this cool chick. I've been wanting it. So then I go over to a guy I know up there. He had a PS1 hooked up. I test the Soulblade out and it did not work :( It had a very bad scratch right on the inside of the DISC. From there, I checked out dudes stuff while I was in booth. Hooked up to another TV, he had a TI-99/4A, missing the 2 button, with voice, 3 game carts and a few utilities for $40. Needless to say I passed. He also had a Radioshacks version of the INTV with poker. I didn't even ask him what he wanted for it.

I didn't find anything else. Nothing. So on the way back out, I stopped back buy the chick's table and told her about the problems with the Soulblade. I traded for Tekken 2. I already have it, but a working disc is better than a broke one.

Also found an 18v Ryobi battery new for $10 :P

B

A quick trip to the fleas yesterday netted me a couple of goodies, found Super Alfred Chicken for the SNES, $1.99.

Best deal was a EA Sports edition Sega Dreamcast with matching controller, VMU, and rumble pack for $12.00!

Saw a ton of "good" deals but nothing new for me.

Thrifted an Odyssey 2 with no controllers or hook ups for $2 today. Other than that it was quite dry for gaming goodies.

The fact that it doesn't have controllers, sounds as if it would be the one with DB9 ports?

You can easily mod a pair of 2600 sticks to use with that (just move the clips around inside up is left I think) power is a standard 3.5mm 9 volt positive tip barrel. You can usually find something in the 500ma - 1amp range at any goodwill for a buck or two. Then get you a everthing-in-one cart for $40 ;)

• Like 1

Thrifted an Odyssey 2 with no controllers or hook ups for $2 today. Other than that it was quite dry for gaming goodies.

The fact that it doesn't have controllers, sounds as if it would be the one with DB9 ports?

You can easily mod a pair of 2600 sticks to use with that (just move the clips around inside up is left I think) power is a standard 3.5mm 9 volt positive tip barrel. You can usually find something in the 500ma - 1amp range at any goodwill for a buck or two. Then get you a everthing-in-one cart for $40 ;)

Thanks Ax. I guess I didn't need to start another thread asking for the info you just gave.

Not really a "thrift find", but I got nine DVDs from Blockbuster for a dollar each two days before they closed for good.

One of them was disc 1 of the Criterion Collection Royal Tenenbaums (loose, but oh well). Also grabbed that King of Kong documentary, also loose (haven't seen it yet).

Nothing else interesting really, just stuff that sounded good or I'd wanted to see (and not all loose).

R.I.P. Blockbuster :_(

Mwaaahahahaha! Found me a Swordquest Waterworld today. Loose. Good condition label. Price? .99 cents. WOOOOT!
Nice. JUST WHAT IN THE WORLD IS YOUR AVATAR LOOKING AT??? ABOUT LAUGHED MY ASS OFF! Edited by jtoubeaux
  • Like 1

Well garage sales are back and so am I. I went to a craigslist garage sale ad on a whim even though it was raining. For $50 I was not disappointed. The games you can't see because of the glare are Yoshi's Story and Mario Party.

6886425116_e9a8b4b425_b.jpg

6886425182_474aa943de_b.jpg

7032521169_dcb303ed16_b.jpg

wow, thats a great find. those games are mint

Holy Shit Brian, How did I miss This? Great Haul!